Author Topic: Number of women running in midterms more than doubles from 2016 to 2018: report  (Read 340 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Number of women running in midterms more than doubles from 2016 to 2018: report
By Avery Anapol - 02/21/18 10:57 AM EST

More than twice as many women are running for Congress in the 2018 midterm elections as were running just two years ago.

At least 431 female candidates are running or are likely to run for the House, compared to 212 in February 2016, according to NPR. In Senate races, 50 women are running or are likely to run, compared to 25 in 2016.

The wave of female candidates has mostly affected the Democratic party, according to recent data. Out of the 431 women running for the House, only 92 are Republicans.

The party-line numbers are slightly more even in Senate races, with 21 Republican and 29 Democratic women running.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/374836-number-of-women-running-for-office-more-than-doubles-in-2018-compared-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

More women will put an ende to the madness. Folks like Pelosi, Waters etc. are needed now, more than ever.

(Any fool claim both parties are the same, need look no further than Maxine waters, by the way)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Number of women running in midterms more than doubles from 2016 to 2018: report
By Avery Anapol - 02/21/18 10:57 AM EST

More than twice as many women are running for Congress in the 2018 midterm elections as were running just two years ago.

At least 431 female candidates are running or are likely to run for the House, compared to 212 in February 2016, according to NPR. In Senate races, 50 women are running or are likely to run, compared to 25 in 2016.

The wave of female candidates has mostly affected the Democratic party, according to recent data. Out of the 431 women running for the House, only 92 are Republicans.

The party-line numbers are slightly more even in Senate races, with 21 Republican and 29 Democratic women running.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/374836-number-of-women-running-for-office-more-than-doubles-in-2018-compared-to

After all is said and done I'm not completely sure that simply being female will translate into an advantage with the female vote.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
That reminds me.  I need to pick up a gross of Midol.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online libertybele

That reminds me.  I need to pick up a gross of Midol.

*****rollingeyes*****   ****slapping
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

It was one thing to give the Blacks a vote...... but this country really went downhill when we gave the womenfolk the vote. 

Tell me I'm wrong.... ****sheep****
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

It was one thing to give the Blacks a vote...... but this country really went downhill when we gave the womenfolk the vote. 

Tell me I'm wrong.... ****sheep****

They Vote?  Well shit. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."