Author Topic: Clarence Thomas' impeachment debate flares again  (Read 597 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clarence Thomas' impeachment debate flares again
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:28:30 pm »
Clarence Thomas' impeachment debate flares again
by Naomi Lim | Feb 19, 2018, 2:42 PM

Political pundits have savaged a New York magazine article re-litigating the case for Supreme Court associate justice Clarence Thomas' impeachment, which purportedly cites new evidence Thomas lied under oath about Anita Hill during his confirmation hearing.

The National Review published a five-part series Monday in response to former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson's piece in New York on Sunday.

The series, written by Carrie Severino, breaks down Abramson's so-called proof that Hill, an ex-employee of Thomas, was telling the truth when she detailed sexual harassment accusations against Thomas before the controversial Senate Judiciary Committee in 1991.

"Her obsessive quest to try and destroy Clarence Thomas [and pull her career out of free fall] has resulted in another 4,200 words of warmed-over, long-ago debunked, and perjurious allegations," Severino writes of Abramson.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clarence-thomas-impeachment-debate-flares-again/article/2649472
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Clarence Thomas' impeachment debate flares again
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:33:07 pm »
I don't know what is more tiresome. The leftist hacks pumping out these fantasy pieces that have no shot in hell of ever happening or the Right wing dopes who lap it up and promote it by responding to it.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:38:01 pm »
"Given his age, it’d be in conservatives’ interests for him to step down now rather than risk President Warren appointing his replacement in her second term," (VOX's) Yglesias wrote on Twitter Monday.

I am at a complete loss for words.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:07 pm »

No you're not, that's a lie.  You just know what will happen to you if you utter the words... ****slapping 22222frying pan
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:34:23 pm »
"Political pundits have savaged a New York magazine article re-litigating the case for Supreme Court associate justice Clarence Thomas' impeachment, which purportedly cites new evidence Thomas lied under oath about Anita Hill during his confirmation hearing."

They never get tired of it, do they?

Of course, that's a rhetorical question, because we all know that the leftists/communists will NEVER stop.

Until.... we put a stop to them. Permanently.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:35:25 pm »
No you're not, that's a lie.  You just know what will happen to you if you utter the words... ****slapping 22222frying pan

Like that ever stopped me before!    :rolling:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 01:29:43 pm »

I must remember that as an example.  I collect self-falsifying statements, not versions of the "liars paradox", but statements that by their being written or spoken falsify themselves.  One who is actually at a a complete loss for words writes and says nothing...
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 02:08:55 pm »
I must remember that as an example.  I collect self-falsifying statements, not versions of the "liars paradox", but statements that by their being written or spoken falsify themselves.  One who is actually at a a complete loss for words writes and says nothing...
@The_Reader_David

I'd love to see your collection sometime.  Do you include those where the medium matters, such as "I can't type" not working as a spoken claim?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 02:14:51 pm »
You must have loved RUSH  the band  "If you choose not to decide. You still have made a choice."

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 04:42:16 am »
@The_Reader_David

I'd love to see your collection sometime.  Do you include those where the medium matters, such as "I can't type" not working as a spoken claim?

Yes.  My favorites are assertions that one cannot pronounce (or say) a word, made verbally with the word correctly pronounced.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:13:08 am »
Yes.  My favorites are assertions that one cannot pronounce (or say) a word, made verbally with the word correctly pronounced.

I've developed a bad habit of intentionally mispronouncing common words, mostly via incorrect stressing of syllables.  Innocently putting the accent on the first syllable of "Potomac" (say it aloud!) drives people mad.  Now I just need the assertion that I always pronounce things correctly!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 12:42:55 pm »
You must have loved RUSH  the band  "If you choose not to decide. You still have made a choice."

One likes to believe in the freedom of music.  But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusions of integrity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 12:59:32 pm »
Where is Jesse and Al crying 'Racism' here as Thomas is attacked solely because he is black?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 01:20:43 pm »
One likes to believe in the freedom of music.  But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusions of integrity.

It's really just a question of your honesty.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 01:41:27 pm »
Where is Jesse and Al crying 'Racism' here as Thomas is attacked solely because he is black?
We all know he's not a real black person. Real African-Americans are more than happy to stay on the Democrat plantation forever and ever.
/sarcasm
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org