Author Topic: YouTuber who claimed veganism cured her cancer dies of cancer  (Read 338 times)

Offline Suppressed

YouTuber who claimed veganism cured her cancer dies of cancer
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:04:29 pm »
YouTuber who claimed veganism cured her cancer dies of cancer
Mari Lopez Lopez credited veganism and a faith in God as the cure for her breast cancer last year, just months before her breast cancer returned.
Author: Joel Hulsey
Published: 4:06 AM CST February 22, 2018
http://www.ksdk.com/article/news/youtuber-who-claimed-veganism-cured-her-cancer-dies-of-cancer/63-521925311

A YouTuber who once claimed her vegan lifestyle cured her breast cancer has died of cancer, according to her niece.

Mari Lopez, who ran the YouTube channel 'Mari & Liz' alongside her niece Liz Johnson, died from the disease in December. Johnson, in a video posted to YouTube on Sunday, announced the passing of her aunt, saying her cancer spread to her blood, liver, and lungs towards the end of the year.

In a video posted to YouTube last January titled 'Cancer Transformation FAQ - SEE IMPORTANT UPDATE,' Lopez credited veganism and a faith in God as the cure for her breast cancer, adding, "The lemon-ginger blast helped me remove inflammation from my body." Additionally, Lopez went on a 90-day juice cleanse, which lead to "food withdrawals."

Lopez, at the time, also said she had skipped cancer treatment despite the recommendation of her doctors. "It's my choice, I've been okay, I haven't died, I haven't gotten to the hospital... I am going to continue on this path of going natural," said Lopez. "It's over, it is done with, I am healed."

Speaking to Babe, Johnson said Lopez remained a vegan until her passing, but that she was "wasn't completely consistent with what she had said" in previous videos. She alleged her aunt's demise came not from the cancer itself, but rather her consumption of meat and her use of a microwave.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: YouTuber who claimed veganism cured her cancer dies of cancer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:06:12 pm »
So, was it veganism, God, meat, or microwave that killed her? dun, dun, DUN!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:11:44 pm »
I don't think there is enough tin foil for Liz.   

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:15:26 pm »
No matter how cancer goes into remission, it almost invariably comes back, more resistant to treatment than before. It's just the nature of the disease.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:16:07 pm »
Obviously she didn't pray enough and was lazy about eating her broccoli near the end.