Author Topic: Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’  (Read 7996 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Hey, @Mesaclone I think @Emjay just insulted you in a nice kinda way.   :silly:

PS:  I don't think his name is Ed.

I guess I did; I guess I did.  IN fact, I think I insulted everyone in one post.  It's a nice skill to have.

I know his name is not Ed but I only go past two letters.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   In before the Trumpers tell me the Authour is a commie, pinko, F*G.

S.A. Miller

Funny.  I just screamed at Alexa and called her a commie pinko because I asked her to play 'Just As I Am' in honor of Billy Graham and she said, 'I don't know that song.'

C'mon.  Actually it was my bad.  I confused her; she not only played it but she played it by Alan Jackson.  Good Alexa.

Offline Mesaclone

I guess I did; I guess I did.  IN fact, I think I insulted everyone in one post.  It's a nice skill to have.

I know his name is not Ed but I only go past two letters.

Emjay, I know how to take a compliment and I take your post as nothing less than sweet and supportive. Thank you.

Standing my ground is a given...especially when the only argument the NT side seems to bring to the table is to insult the President or fellow posters. That just raises my hackles and steels me to my support for the President! Good ol Tex loves to call everyone propagandists and orange supporters...and worse....apparently thinking that is persuasive or clever. Its not.

Its ironic that much of what the NT's condemn in President Trump, is the very behavior they display right here on the board...continuously. They are quick to proclaim each mote they see in his eye, ignoring the timber's that block their own. They blithely fail to realize that nobody is going to be persuaded by folks being so actively hypocritical.

So for my part, and I think I speak for most of us who support the President in most things, we'll continue to put facts and reason out on the table...and let the NT's respond with their usual insults, hyperbole and personalization.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline libertybele

Emjay, I know how to take a compliment and I take your post as nothing less than sweet and supportive. Thank you.

Standing my ground is a given...especially when the only argument the NT side seems to bring to the table is to insult the President or fellow posters. That just raises my hackles and steels me to my support for the President! Good ol Tex loves to call everyone propagandists and orange supporters...and worse....apparently thinking that is persuasive or clever. Its not.

Its ironic that much of what the NT's condemn in President Trump, is the very behavior they display right here on the board...continuously. They are quick to proclaim each mote they see in his eye, ignoring the timber's that block their own. They blithely fail to realize that nobody is going to be persuaded by folks being so actively hypocritical.

So for my part, and I think I speak for most of us who support the President in most things, we'll continue to put facts and reason out on the table...and let the NT's respond with their usual insults, hyperbole and personalization.

Interesting as you have 'rounded' us up and divided us in this forum as Trumpers are NT's though the election has long been over. Many of us prefer not to be pigeonholed into a specific category.  Personally, I still feel the guy is narcissistic, but he does show some leadership qualities, he's been strong on foreign policy and there is absolutely no doubt that the left and members of the GOPe have been out to destroy his administration.  He's made some poor choices in his cabinet pick with his biggest mistake being his AG. He appointed Gorsuh to SCOTUS which was a promise made to Cruz. Trump refused to stand with the Freedom Caucus on repeal of Bammycare which was a campaign promise. He has backpedaled on amnesty and publicly announced he would offer a pathway to citizenship; that's quite a backpedal as that was one campaign promise that led to his popularity and we have yet to see $$ allocated to building a wall, nor have we seen Mexico paying for it (though that could still happen in a round about way) which was yet another campaign promise.  To his credit he has shown patriotism and he absolutely blew me away with his pre-inauguration festivities and his inauguration. So, if you want to label me a NT'er because I didn't vote for him and am evaluating him on an ongoing basis, so be it.  Nope, not a Trump worshiper and rightfully so.  I find it absolutely amazing that his followers are willing to give him a pass on amnesty.  My concern right now is how far he's going to go on infringing on the 2A. He's order his corrupt AG/DOJ to propose changes to owning bump stocks and also wants to extend background checks and to deal with mental illness in relationship to guns.  Wrong and wrong in my books. Banning bump stocks I can understand perhaps to a degree, but anything to do with background checks is futile as well as mental health checks.  Someone who wants to perform a mass shooting will find a way to get a gun; certainly being able to obtain one illegally isn't going to change and you can do mental health checks all day long and again, those that want a gun are going to find a way to get one.  So excuse me if I don't glorify him as President.  I evaluate his actions as IMHO everyone should.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Interesting as you have 'rounded' us up and divided us in this forum as Trumpers are NT's though the election has long been over.

Many of us prefer not to be pigeonholed into a specific category.  Personally, I still feel the guy is narcissistic, but he does show some leadership qualities, he's been strong on foreign policy and there is absolutely no doubt that the left and members of the GOPe have been out to destroy his administration.

He's made some poor choices in his cabinet pick with his biggest mistake being his AG. He appointed Gorsuh to SCOTUS which was a promise made to Cruz.

Trump refused to stand with the Freedom Caucus on repeal of Bammycare which was a campaign promise.

He has backpedaled on amnesty and publicly announced he would offer a pathway to citizenship; that's quite a backpedal as that was one campaign promise that led to his popularity and we have yet to see $$ allocated to building a wall, nor have we seen Mexico paying for it (though that could still happen in a round about way) which was yet another campaign promise.

To his credit he has shown patriotism and he absolutely blew me away with his pre-inauguration festivities and his inauguration.

So, if you want to label me a NT'er because I didn't vote for him and am evaluating him on an ongoing basis, so be it.

Nope, not a Trump worshiper and rightfully so.  I find it absolutely amazing that his followers are willing to give him a pass on amnesty.

My concern right now is how far he's going to go on infringing on the 2A. He's order his corrupt AG/DOJ to propose changes to owning bump stocks and also wants to extend background checks and to deal with mental illness in relationship to guns.  Wrong and wrong in my books. Banning bump stocks I can understand perhaps to a degree, but anything to do with background checks is futile as well as mental health checks.

Someone who wants to perform a mass shooting will find a way to get a gun; certainly being able to obtain one illegally isn't going to change and you can do mental health checks all day long and again, those that want a gun are going to find a way to get one.  So excuse me if I don't glorify him as President.  I evaluate his actions as IMHO everyone should.

I separated your post into paragraphs so that I could read and evaluate it.

I disagree with your criticism of the Trump DOJ as being corrupt and there has always been a background check before obtaining a gun permit.  Yes, that is not perfect and can be abused but carry permits should not be handed out like candy just because some people abuse the system.

Sorry, I don't know what bump stocks are.  When it was first mentioned here, I thought it had something to do with the stock market.  My husband was a lifelong NRA member and had guns.  The only problem with Trump's proposal about bump stocks is that it won't affect anything.

It's funny how people expect Trump to pass every legislation he promised in his campaign within a year and without a dependable majority in Congress.  It is pathetic.

I don't know about Trump refusing to stand with Freedom Caucus about Obamacare.  Trump did manage to get the very worst aspect of Obamacare removed and that is the individual mandate, which you didn't mention.

I've never called you a NTer.  I think you are mostly fair and I would put only a few BR members into categories.  We do have NTers and we do have 'Trump can do no wrong' people.

There is a large category here that I call The Whiners.  I won't say the names of the members of that group.  They know who they are.

Offline libertybele

I separated your post into paragraphs so that I could read and evaluate it.

I disagree with your criticism of the Trump DOJ as being corrupt and there has always been a background check before obtaining a gun permit.  Yes, that is not perfect and can be abused but carry permits should not be handed out like candy just because some people abuse the system.

Sorry, I don't know what bump stocks are.  When it was first mentioned here, I thought it had something to do with the stock market.  My husband was a lifelong NRA member and had guns.  The only problem with Trump's proposal about bump stocks is that it won't affect anything.

It's funny how people expect Trump to pass every legislation he promised in his campaign within a year and without a dependable majority in Congress.  It is pathetic.

I don't know about Trump refusing to stand with Freedom Caucus about Obamacare.  Trump did manage to get the very worst aspect of Obamacare removed and that is the individual mandate, which you didn't mention.

I've never called you a NTer.  I think you are mostly fair and I would put only a few BR members into categories.  We do have NTers and we do have 'Trump can do no wrong' people.

There is a large category here that I call The Whiners.  I won't say the names of the members of that group.  They know who they are.

Fair enough, except your comment on the DOJ!  Mercy.  Trump's DOJ consists of Rod Rosenstein and special counsel Mueller; two corrupt individuals -- no dispute. AG Sessions hasn't done much in helping to drain that part of the swamp and IMHO he appears to be just as corrupt.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Funny.  I just screamed at Alexa and called her a commie pinko because I asked her to play 'Just As I Am' in honor of Billy Graham and she said, 'I don't know that song.'

C'mon.  Actually it was my bad.  I confused her; she not only played it but she played it by Alan Jackson.  Good Alexa.

I don't trust those things.  I think they are spies in your own home.  They also do not know who Jesus Christ is.

All those things.  The one on I phones too.  Recording conversations.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:23:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I don't trust those things.  I think they are spies in your own home.  They also do not know who Jesus Christ is.

All those things.  The one on I phones too.  Recording conversations.

My girlfriend asked me why I carried a gun around the house all the time. I told her it was to protect against the CIA. She laughed. I laughed. Alexa laughed. I shot Alexa. Good times.

(yes I stole this)
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Interesting as you have 'rounded' us up and divided us in this forum as Trumpers are NT's though the election has long been over. Many of us prefer not to be pigeonholed into a specific category.  Personally, I still feel the guy is narcissistic, but he does show some leadership qualities, he's been strong on foreign policy and there is absolutely no doubt that the left and members of the GOPe have been out to destroy his administration.  He's made some poor choices in his cabinet pick with his biggest mistake being his AG. He appointed Gorsuh to SCOTUS which was a promise made to Cruz. Trump refused to stand with the Freedom Caucus on repeal of Bammycare which was a campaign promise. He has backpedaled on amnesty and publicly announced he would offer a pathway to citizenship; that's quite a backpedal as that was one campaign promise that led to his popularity and we have yet to see $$ allocated to building a wall, nor have we seen Mexico paying for it (though that could still happen in a round about way) which was yet another campaign promise.  To his credit he has shown patriotism and he absolutely blew me away with his pre-inauguration festivities and his inauguration. So, if you want to label me a NT'er because I didn't vote for him and am evaluating him on an ongoing basis, so be it.  Nope, not a Trump worshiper and rightfully so.  I find it absolutely amazing that his followers are willing to give him a pass on amnesty.  My concern right now is how far he's going to go on infringing on the 2A. He's order his corrupt AG/DOJ to propose changes to owning bump stocks and also wants to extend background checks and to deal with mental illness in relationship to guns.  Wrong and wrong in my books. Banning bump stocks I can understand perhaps to a degree, but anything to do with background checks is futile as well as mental health checks.  Someone who wants to perform a mass shooting will find a way to get a gun; certainly being able to obtain one illegally isn't going to change and you can do mental health checks all day long and again, those that want a gun are going to find a way to get one.  So excuse me if I don't glorify him as President.  I evaluate his actions as IMHO everyone should. 

Paragraphs are your friends.

Offline al_c

This article will not go over well on "that other site."
al_c

Offline jpsb

You do realize the only one that believes your steaming pile of crap is you right?

@TomSea

Anyone that watched the gang of 8 process in the Senate, and is honest (that excludes you
@txradioguy ) believes that Cruz was for amnesty before he was against amnesty. As long
as the Dems can stop legislation in the Senate. Nothing will get done.

I think Trump supporters will accept a deal that builds the wall, ends chain immigration and
moves to a merit based system in exchange for some vetted Dreamers getting a limited amnesty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@TomSea

Anyone that watched the gang of 8 process in the Senate, and is honest (that excludes you
@txradioguy ) believes that Cruz was for amnesty before he was against amnesty. As long

I think Trump supporters will accept a deal that builds the wall, ends chain immigration and
moves to a merit based system in exchange for some vetted Dreamers getting a limited amnesty.

A bright orange propagandist calling me dishonest.

:silly:

You got a link to back up your BS claim?

I won't hold my breath waiting for you to actually come up with one.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:34:44 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@TomSea

Many have opined that both sides have plenty who prefer to not reach any agreement, since it gives them an issue to use for fundraising, campaigning. 

Dems: "All of my time in office, I have fought for the rights of the poor, liddle immigrants. The Statue of Liberty.....blah, blah."

Reps: "Every day we are overrun by illegal immigrant invaders, with their diseases and their crime, who we must pay to educate, then keep in prison.....blah, blah."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
First, Cruz votes for that budget funding Planned Parenthood, now, helps assure that chain migration remains with about 1,000,000 coming through every year. What's next?  9999hair out0000

Rand Paul is a long shot for president, but I do admire his principles.  Even Bernie Sanders voted against that budget.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Many have opined that both sides have plenty who prefer to not reach any agreement, since it gives them an issue to use for fundraising, campaigning. 

Dems: "All of my time in office, I have fought for the rights of the poor, liddle immigrants. The Statue of Liberty.....blah, blah."

Reps: "Every day we are overrun by illegal immigrant invaders, with their diseases and their crime, who we must pay to educate, then keep in prison.....blah, blah."

That's a good point, the proposal did make it out of committee. That's a first step; but it seems doubtful it could even pass given that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
First, Cruz votes for that budget funding Planned Parenthood, now, helps assure that chain migration remains with about 1,000,000 coming through every year. What's next?  9999hair out0000

Rand Paul is a long shot for president, but I do admire his principles.  Even Bernie Sanders voted against that budget.

Your Orange idol continues to approve spending bills that funds Planned Parenthood.

Your claim about Cruz supporting chain migration has already been shown to be demonstrably false.

Why do you continue to so blatantly lie?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

Trump’s base warms to Ted Cruz after president’s amnesty ‘betrayal’

What amnesty betrayal?  Trump said during the campaign that he supported amnesty.  And his son reiterated that support.  Not sure why his supporters now would now decide to support the guy who was anti-amnesty all along.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Your intellectual dishonesty is reflective of your irrational desire to believe anything that is anti-Trump. I refuted the facts, or lack there’d, within the article, and made no silly, hyperbolic ad hominem attacks on the author...so not sure why you felt it necessary to make up a juvenile lie as to the nature of my response.

Your comment is definitive of why the Never Trump movement is such a failure...the lack of substance inherent in your criticisms of Trump voters and our arguments.
You're an Uber partisan fraud who continues to show that you have nothing substantial or critical to add to the discussion.

Your only purpose here is spin control and propaganda promulgation for team Orange.

I'm pretty sure you are both RussiaBots, but bravo on your performances.

Offline libertybele

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You forgot how THEY steal American jobs and collect welfare from US.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

@libertybele
Just listened to Trump.

Trump: Deport illegals, but expedite the return of “the good ones” for legal status

Touchback amnesty.

Exactly. Amnesty is amnesty.  The 'good ones'?  Seriously?  They broke the law by coming into our country ILLEGALLY! 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
My girlfriend asked me why I carried a gun around the house all the time. I told her it was to protect against the CIA. She laughed. I laughed. Alexa laughed. I shot Alexa. Good times.

(yes I stole this)

...as will I.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Ted Cruz has said no amnesty.  As it stands now the only thing that impresses me about Trump is his apparent support for Israel and Nikki Haley.  We will see if he continues to support Israel and what his motives and purposes are.  It is interesting times, End Times.  Any time that major things are happening in Israel it has my attention.  Beyond that very unimpressed.  He is going backwards on his immigration promises.  He is showing signs that he is anti 2nd amendment.  Nothing surprising because he has opened his mouth about these things before.

One thing about Ted Cruz is that he is passionate about getting illegals out and keeping them out.

However, much as I love Ted Cruz, I don't think he could have accomplished any more than Trump has so far, maybe not as much, given the current sad state of Congress.

I am sick, sick, sick of the unfair criticism of Trump everywhere I look.  Yahoo is calling Michelle Obama a princess. My gosh.

Trump has the best enemies on earth.  So, I'm sticking with him right now for a couple of reasons.

One, he's the only President we have or will have for the next three years, and,
Two.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

BassWrangler

"Insultin' is our name, and lyin' in wait is our game."

Actually laughed out loud at this.