Author Topic: Trump claims he 'never met' the woman who says he forcibly kissed her in Trump Tower  (Read 978 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Trump turned his Twitter attention Tuesday to previously disclosed claims by a woman who says he forced himself on her at Trump Tower in 2006.

Rachel Crooks, one of more than a dozen women who publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct weeks before the 2016 presidential election, was profiled in a Washington Post article that was published on Tuesday.

“A woman I don’t know and, to the best of my knowledge, never met, is on the FRONT PAGE of the Fake News Washington Post saying I kissed her (for two minutes yet) in the lobby of Trump Tower 12 years ago,” Trump tweeted. “Never happened! Who would do this in a public space with live security cameras running. Another False Accusation.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-claims-never-met-woman-says-forcibly-kissed-trump-tower-174624431.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

She’s like a younger angry Anna Wintour.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:32:09 pm by edpc »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Once again, a stupid unforced error.  Why respond in the first place?

Now he's responded, it should be simple to prove her wrong -- she was very specific as to date and location and it was on a floor with a security camera.  I wonder if she has recourse to subpeona the video if he chooses not to release it.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

Given the incident happened in 2006, I doubt any footage exists.

Offline corbe

"to the best of my knowledge" undeniably proves his Lawyers are perusing his tweets now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

He is tweeting this...why?

Millions who wouldn't know about now will be curious, so it is a political blunder.

(Then again, I've thought many tweets were, but here we are. Hadn't hurt yet)

To those that believe him, it won't matter, anyway.
To those that don't believe him, they'll just dig in more.
To those that haven't heard about it, why engage their curiosity?

Offline LauraTXNM

He is tweeting this...why?

Millions who wouldn't know about now will be curious, so it is a political blunder.

(Then again, I've thought many tweets were, but here we are. Hadn't hurt yet)

To those that believe him, it won't matter, anyway.
To those that don't believe him, they'll just dig in more.
To those that haven't heard about it, why engage their curiosity?

Exactly.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

"to the best of my knowledge" undeniably proves his Lawyers are perusing his tweets now.

Excellent point.

Offline musiclady

Well, since we knew he was a predator before we elected him, this doesn't matter, does it??  Even if it's true??

Boys will be boys, you know.......... dirty locker room talk, kissing girls in elevators, adultery......... all that stuff "boys" do.

And I mean, it happened so long ago.  Ancient history......

Nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:05:28 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LauraTXNM

Given the incident happened in 2006, I doubt any footage exists.

You might be right.  She also has contemporary "documentation", emails wherein she told the incident to family and friends.  Not even just vocal communication, but written.  Does he want her to start publishing those emails and subject them to cyberinspections?  He never should have opened this can of worms.

Offline musiclady

You might be right.  She also has contemporary "documentation", emails wherein she told the incident to family and friends.  Not even just vocal communication, but written.  Does he want her to start publishing those emails and subject them to cyberinspections?  He never should have opened this can of worms.

He doesn't have the self control to stop himself from doing stupid things because he's a child.

btw, I haven't welcomed you yet, Laura!  WELCOME!  (Your contributions so far have been great!)

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline edpc

They have been doing it for a while and not always to his benefit.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-lawyers-claim-he-wrote-flynn-tweet-stuns-legal-experts-729945

Offline LauraTXNM

He doesn't have the self control to stop himself from doing stupid things because he's a child.

btw, I haven't welcomed you yet, Laura!  WELCOME!  (Your contributions so far have been great!)

Thank you for the welcome, MusicLady!  I appreciate you all putting up with my questions and opinions ;).

Offline musiclady

Thank you for the welcome, MusicLady!  I appreciate you all putting up with my questions and opinions ;).

That's what distinguishes this forum from many others (most of the time, anyway!). "Putting up" with each other.  :beer:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
2006??? What about the stupid s**t he does now?!
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LauraTXNM

LOL.

Offline corbe

At this rate we will know the little girl he played Dr. with back in the 50's by the end of this year.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

“And when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

Offline LauraTXNM

Why does it so often seem that these guys are not super attractive?  Bill Clinton wasn't, either, though he was supposed to be incredibly charismatic in person.  But they develop their fame or charm or wealth to get women, and they assume they're just irresistible.  To the point where they don't even ask any more.

Separating the artist from his art:
Harvey Weinstein made some incredible films and is undeniably talented.  He's also utter scum.
Donald Trump can do good things as President.  But he's still skeevy and really needs to rise above.

Offline musiclady

Why does it so often seem that these guys are not super attractive?  Bill Clinton wasn't, either, though he was supposed to be incredibly charismatic in person.  But they develop their fame or charm or wealth to get women, and they assume they're just irresistible.  To the point where they don't even ask any more.

Separating the artist from his art:
Harvey Weinstein made some incredible films and is undeniably talented.  He's also utter scum.
Donald Trump can do good things as President.  But he's still skeevy and really needs to rise above.

:silly:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Technically, I'm sure he is telling the truth. He didn't formally meet her. He just walked right up to her and grabbed her by the.....

Offline Frank Cannon

Right. It was much better when that "Class Act" George Bush would just ignore all the attacks and let them fester until his approvals dropped through the floor and even his dog hated him. That was such a great strategy.

You Trump haters really have all the keys to success down pat. It is just beyond me how fellow travelers like McLame, Romney, Rubio and Jeb! lost their asses implementing these great lessons in decorum.

Offline musiclady

Right. It was much better when that "Class Act" George Bush would just ignore all the attacks and let them fester until his approvals dropped through the floor and even his dog hated him. That was such a great strategy.

You Trump haters really have all the keys to success down pat. It is just beyond me how fellow travelers like McLame, Romney, Rubio and Jeb! lost their asses implementing these great lessons in decorum.

Your reducing my (accurate) comment about Trump’s immaturity to my being a “hater” speaks volumes about you Frank. Such simple minded retorts are meaningless, as is your post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:44:35 pm by musiclady »

Offline LauraTXNM

:silly:

One can always hope, right?  I spend a lot of time praying to God that I'll be proven wrong ;(.

Offline LauraTXNM

Recognizing someone's flaws doesn't mean one hates him.  Treating mistakes with humor instead of anger is a healthy outlet.  Behavioral expectations for elected officials should be higher than those for middle school students.  I pray daily for our President to be successful.