Author Topic: SHOCKER: MANY NATIONS ARE BREAKING PARIS ACCORD PROMISES  (Read 209 times)

Offline endicom

SHOCKER: MANY NATIONS ARE BREAKING PARIS ACCORD PROMISES
« on: February 20, 2018, 04:00:09 pm »
Power line
Paul Mirengoff
Feb. 20, 2018

My views on climate change deviate somewhat from those of John and Steve who, to be fair, know more about the subject than I do. So I might have favored remaining in the Paris Accord if I thought the rest of the world would comply with the promises made therein.

However, I had no such confidence. It seemed to me that only a fool would.

Now we learn that in the years since the global agreement was reached, world-wide emissions of carbon dioxide are rising after several years of remaining flat, as many nations, including some very big ones, are failing to fulfill the promises they made. The problem hasn’t been the U.S., where emissions have declined since the Paris agreement, according to the Washington Post. The problem has been with much of the rest of the world. The Post explains:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/02/shocker-many-nations-are-breaking-paris-accord-promises.php

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: SHOCKER: MANY NATIONS ARE BREAKING PARIS ACCORD PROMISES
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:42:28 pm »
A shock to whom?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 04:43:08 pm »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 02:19:55 am »
One doesn't expect the bureaucrats who sign such ridiculous agreements to actually live up to them, does one...?