Author Topic: A Gun Control Measure Conservatives Should Consider  (Read 1856 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: A Gun Control Measure Conservatives Should Consider
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 10:15:37 pm »
You NEVER hear of anybody from a rural area going nuts and killing 17 of his classmates...

Not exactly true.  There was a student who shot 14 people and killed two in a rural KY county just a month ago.

You can't hide crazy from rural people in a rural area,and people in rural areas tend to be a mite direct in their methods when it comes to making themselves and their neighbors safe.

This is not the same society it was 20, 30 or 40 years ago.  You didn't have yearly, monthly and weekly mass shootings in schools back then.  With the internet and the pervasiveness of liberal indoctrination in schools and entertainment - rural is not exactly rural anymore.  Hell, I get to hear f-bomb rap blasting out of massive speakers in the beds of F-150 Dually's driving by the rural main road from the kids of good-'ol boys who aspire to be ghetto blacks.

All of this stuff we are seeing are consequences of a society that allowed itself to be fundamentally transformed to great applause.  And as Franklin noted, as societies grow more corrupt and vicious - the people will have more need of masters to control them.   

We are a corrupt and vicious society - and the consequences of which we are just now beginning to experience.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2018, 10:59:50 pm »
@LauraTXNM

It’s worse than that.   I work with a guy whose 15yo daughter has run away multiple times, she's broken the law, tried to kill herself...when she does get sent to institutional treatment (at least 4 Times so far), she's assaulted other patients and the staff, she's pulled a knife on my coworker and told him she’s going to kill him in his sleep...she's been officially diagnosed as having some mental illness (don't recall which).   

And there's NOTHING he can do and NOWHERE to put her.   When she has an episode, she gets committed for a few days maybe even for a few weeks at most, but then they can't keep her and the whole cycle starts again. 

He's admitted as much that this will end up with her dead or in jail...the only question is if she takes anyone else with her

This is so sad.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to be her father.  I can't believe there is nothing we can do to help families in this kind of situation. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 11:18:53 pm »
This is so sad.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to be her father.  I can't believe there is nothing we can do to help families in this kind of situation.

Sadly, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help', never really works out that way.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:57 pm »
Sadly, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help', never really works out that way.

Maybe a charity to help families deal with the medical costs or legal counsel?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2018, 11:55:07 pm »
Maybe a charity to help families deal with the medical costs or legal counsel?

Charities already do.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2018, 12:11:11 am »
Charities already do.

Charities do it without being under control of the government, and that will never do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2018, 12:15:46 am »
Charities do it without being under control of the government, and that will never do.

So it seems... Even though the biggest source of charity on the planet is an entity wholly distributed and congregational, with no real heads and no real direction besides its original aegis... I will leave you to ponder who that could possibly be.  :pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2018, 12:19:13 am »
So it seems... Even though the biggest source of charity on the planet is an entity wholly distributed and congregational, with no real heads and no real direction besides its original aegis... I will leave you to ponder who that could possibly be.  :pondering:

Well....I write checks to where they are needed....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2018, 12:25:54 am »
Well....I write checks to where they are needed....

An amazingly simple approach, ain't it?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2018, 12:29:42 am »
An amazingly simple approach, ain't it?

And decentralized as all get-out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 12:31:11 am »
Charities already do.

In these instances, apparently not very effectively.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 12:33:54 am »
That answer is obvious. There is no solution.

@roamer_1

Of course there is. TB is contagious. NOBODY has a Constitutional right to spread a fatal disease. Lock them away in a medical institution where you can force them to take their meds every day,and when/if they get well,let them out then.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 12:34:10 am »

How do you know?  The governmental units, who want to be in charge of the distribution, aren't going to tell you. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 12:37:54 am »
Yes, I see that difference. But the liberal bunny-huggers trying to take control do not.

@roamer_1

Only one of many problems those goobers have. Life is not a Disney movie. Sometimes it's ugly,and sometimes it's unfair. You cry about this when you are a child,but you don't become an adult until you can face the reality that it's not always going the way you want it to be.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2018, 12:40:56 am »

More effectively than anything else.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 12:42:15 am »
@roamer_1

Of course there is. TB is contagious. NOBODY has a Constitutional right to spread a fatal disease. Lock them away in a medical institution where you can force them to take their meds every day,and when/if they get well,let them out then.

Right... if you can catch them and keep them. Judging by the homeless numbers, that's not a practical solution.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 12:46:13 am »
@roamer_1

Only one of many problems those goobers have. Life is not a Disney movie. Sometimes it's ugly,and sometimes it's unfair. You cry about this when you are a child,but you don't become an adult until you can face the reality that it's not always going the way you want it to be.

@sneakypete
That's right. I would recommend three weeks alone in the bush as part of educational curricula to straighten their silly asses out.  Or at least, a comparable length of time on a farm.

Nothing says !FOOD! like an empty belly. When they find out meat don't come on a styrofoam tray, enlightenment quickly occurs.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 12:48:39 am »
How do you know?  The governmental units, who want to be in charge of the distribution, aren't going to tell you.

I was referring to the poor man with the troubled daughter mentioned above.  And/or the FL shooter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 12:59:56 am »
Not exactly true.  There was a student who shot 14 people and killed two in a rural KY county just a month ago.

@INVAR

I don't remember hearing about that one,but I'm guessing he and his family were more suburbanites than genuine rural people who were born,grew,and died there.
People like that know they need their neighbors and their neighbors need them,and they understand you can't have a "kid" running around loose anymore than you can have a rabid dog running around. It ain't pleasant,but you have a duty to your family and your neighbors.

I live in a rural area that is now mostly populated by denizens of various cities that retired and moved here.
This is not the same society it was 20, 30 or 40 years ago.  You didn't have yearly, monthly and weekly mass shootings in schools back then.  With the internet and the pervasiveness of liberal indoctrination in schools and entertainment - rural is not exactly rural anymore.  Hell, I get to hear f-bomb rap blasting out of massive speakers in the beds of F-150 Dually's driving by the rural main road from the kids of good-'ol boys who aspire to be ghetto blacks.

All of this stuff we are seeing are consequences of a society that allowed itself to be fundamentally transformed to great applause.  And as Franklin noted, as societies grow more corrupt and vicious - the people will have more need of masters to control them.   

We are a corrupt and vicious society - and the consequences of which we are just now beginning to experience. Some brought their children and grandchildren with them,and said children and grandchildren oftentimes need and never get discipline. One happened to like setting fires. It was rumored that he had behavioral problems when living with his parents in the city,so they sent him here to live with his grandparents,who also had no interest in making him responsible. If he got caught stealing something or destroying private property,his grandparents would pay off the complainants to get them to drop the charges so their perfect little prince wouldn't get an arrest record.

One day he made the mistake of setting the marsh on fire near my house,and had the bad luck to have me coming back home and driving up that dirt road to get to my house. There was no question about it,either. As I turned the curve,there he was with the door of his car open,throwing a bundle of burning newspapers into the grass.

I didn't say or do anything with or to him then because I was more concerned with getting to my house and getting the water hose running,but the next day I went to his grandparents house and they refused to admit he was there or to let me in,and they also refused to believe I had caught him setting fires. There had also been a rash of dumpster fires for several previous weeks. Anyhow,I told them to tell "Precious" that if I ever came home to discover my house was burnt down that I wasn't even going to investigate if iit was bad wiring,a lightening strike,or the work of someone else. I was just going to to to their house,shoot him in both kneecaps,and then nail the doors shut and set the house on fire with him in it.

Guess what? He moved away a few days later,and AFAIK,no one around here has seen or heard of him since.

I have no doubt that somebody somewhere has either killed him, he has gone to prison somewhere for being a firebug/thief/psycho,or maybe he has somehow killed himself. I don't care which it was. He's gone and not coming back,and that's good enough for me.

Had a similar city refugee booger come into the area a couple of years ago. Not a firebug,but pretty much everything else. He finally got arrested and convicted for a felony of some sort,and his grandparents that he was living with put their home that was paid off up for collateral on his bond. Guess what "Precious" did. That's right,he skipped bail and disappeared,and his grandmother and grandfather lost their house. He wasn't really a kid by this time,either. Early 20's.

IMNSHO,his parents are at least partially responsible for this because they just couldn't be bothered to jerk a knot in his ass when he first started acting up. Instead,they just covered for him and made excuses. Which of course taught him that anything he did was ok because rules didn't apply to him.

As far as I am concerned,he is sub-human scum.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 01:55:12 am »
@INVAR

I don't remember hearing about that one,but I'm guessing he and his family were more suburbanites than genuine rural people who were born,grew,and died there.

Nope.  Wrong.  The perp was born and raised there in the rural area.

You did not hear about it likely because no one in the area supported gun control, the governor of KY said the problem is people, not guns - and a massive Christian response came from the community - including asking for prayers for the shooter and his family.  The locals would not talk to the media and give them what they wanted.

No one, including the victims blamed the gun, and therefore it went against the media narrative - and they ignored the story almost wholesale.  Plus it was a student with a handgun, not a scary black rifle.

Marshall County School Shooting
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 03:05:25 am »
Nope.  Wrong.  The perp was born and raised there in the rural area.

@INVAR

Well,I have been wrong before,and chances are I will be wrong again in the future. There are exceptions to pretty much every rule.