Author Topic: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns  (Read 11450 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2018, 05:48:34 pm »
@Jazzhead still waiting for you to explain how registration would prevent mass shootings?

IIRC the gov keeps who bought what weapon for something like 6 months, so the gov knew Cruz
had an AR.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:50:23 pm by jpsb »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2018, 05:56:12 pm »
Roamer brags about buying guns off the back of a truck.   How do you trace ownership of such guns?

How about a courtesy ping for @roamer_1, you little popcorn fart?  If you're going to badmouth my friend, have the guts to do it to his face.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2018, 05:59:04 pm »
Selfish:  Gun fetishists obsessed with protecting their "right" to amass whatever arsenal they want in total secrecy, and to hell with the worries of the community over a nation awash in a half a billion guns, most unregistered and untraceable.   

I'll proudly wear the @Jazzhead label, "selfish."  My wife and I got selfish again yesterday, and we tipped a couple of glasses your way when we did.  We stoppered the AR-15 shaped hole in our collection, and said "Thanks Jazz, for reminding us!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2018, 06:02:25 pm »
How about a courtesy ping for @roamer_1, you little popcorn fart?  If you're going to badmouth my friend, have the guts to do it to his face.

LOL.  Roam will be on him like vaseline on Heath Ledger's chaps.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2018, 06:13:51 pm »

How am I bad-mouthing Roamer?   I didn't say he was doing something unlawful, nor was I requesting an explanation from him.  If there's a loophole in the law, go ahead and exploit it.  My point is that this IS a loophole, and guns bought off the back of trucks are essentially untraceable.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:14:47 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2018, 06:15:54 pm »
I'll proudly wear the @Jazzhead label, "selfish."  My wife and I got selfish again yesterday, and we tipped a couple of glasses your way when we did.  We stoppered the AR-15 shaped hole in our collection, and said "Thanks Jazz, for reminding us!"

Glad I contributed in a small way to the happiness of your birthday celebration.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2018, 06:19:43 pm »
Roamer brags about buying guns off the back of a truck.   How do you trace ownership of such guns?
Mr. M bought a .38 revolver from a coworker a few years ago. OMG!! Ownership can't be traced!!! Of course, that gun never, ever will be used in the commission of a crime, but OMG!!!! Not traceable!!!!!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2018, 06:20:16 pm »
How am I bad-mouthing Roamer?   I didn't say he was doing something unlawful, nor was I requesting an explanation from him.  If there's a loophole in the law, go ahead and exploit it.  My point is that this IS a loophole, and guns bought off the back of trucks are essentially untraceable.

Then you shouldn't have had any trouble giving him a courtesy ping.  I detected a great deal of scoff in your comments about him, so maybe I'm all wet about it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2018, 06:20:33 pm »

I believe the sale of such guns are already illegal (I'm in CA so perhaps I'm wrong about this). Are you proposing we pass a law to register illegal guns?

The vast majority of firearms are purchased legally. Gun shops selling them are required to keep physical records of serial numbers and purchasers for years. In the case of crimes committed the ATF traces serials number to the original buyer.

Mandatory registration will put all legal firearm data where it can be easily accessed en mass. The only reason the government would want to do this is if they planned mass confiscation.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:23:36 pm by skeeter »

Oceander

« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2018, 06:22:31 pm »
Mr. M bought a .38 revolver from a coworker a few years ago. OMG!! Ownership can't be traced!!! Of course, that gun never, ever will be used in the commission of a crime, but OMG!!!! Not traceable!!!!!!

Really?  So you can guarantee 100% that the gun will never be stolen from you, and used in a crime.  If you have the ability to predict the future with 100% accuracy, perhaps you should be trading stocks instead of wasting time here. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2018, 06:26:24 pm »
Such guns are already illegal. Are you proposing we pass a law to register illegal guns?

The vast majority of firearms are purchased legally. Gun shops selling them are required to keep physical records of serial numbers and purchasers for years. In the case of crimes committed the ATF traces serials number to the original buyer.

Mandatory registration will put all legal firearm data where it can be easily accessed en mass. The only reason the government would want to do this is if they planned mass confiscation.

@skeeter

Yup, plus registration would do nothing to stop mass shootings which is why @Jazzhead refuses
to answer my question in an earlier post and at the top of this page.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2018, 06:28:07 pm »
Such guns are already illegal. Are you proposing we pass a law to register illegal guns?

Guns "sold off the back of a truck" are not illegal, unless they are shipped across state lines.

Gun shops selling them are required to keep physical records of serial numbers and purchasers for years.

Truedat.  I asked my friend at the gun shop that very thing, and he says "20 years."  In the first month after 20 years, the shop gives them to a document destruction company.

The eventual confiscation has happened almost, if not every the time it's been tried.  Pro banners ignore this fact and dismiss us as "paranoid" (and my new favorite, "selfish") because we don't believe them when they say "Nobody wants to confiscate your weapons."

Yes, they do, and I assume as much whenever anybody says they don't.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2018, 06:28:19 pm »
I believe the sale of such guns are already illegal (I'm in CA so perhaps I'm wrong about this). Are you proposing we pass a law to register illegal guns?

I don't think a person to person sale is illegal here in Texas. I know they happen all the time and
no one ever gets in trouble.

Oceander

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2018, 06:29:05 pm »
@skeeter

Yup, plus registration would do nothing to stop mass shootings which is why @Jazzhead refuses
to answer my question in an earlier post and at the top of this page.

How do you know that registration, along with an insurance requirement, would not deter irresponsible whackos who are intent on doing something wrong from buying guns?

You can’t.  Mandatory auto insurance deters the most irresponsible and destitute from owning cars, so the same would hold for firearms. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2018, 06:29:27 pm »
Really?  So you can guarantee 100% that the gun will never be stolen from you, and used in a crime.  If you have the ability to predict the future with 100% accuracy, perhaps you should be trading stocks instead of wasting time here.

@Oceander
What other crimes do  you propose the victims be responsible for?

Rape?  Child molestation?   Murder?   Theft?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:03 pm »

If a gun is stolen from me, it's already been used in a crime:  Larceny.  And I immediately hand over the serial number and description of the weapon to the Police.  I've already been there.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »
Stop being selfish.     

You are going to have to empower the state to hire a shit-ton more agents to put guns to our heads to force us not to be 'selfish' there bub.

Which is what your real intent is in all your advocacies.

Which is why I call you the tyranny-advocate you are.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »
@Oceander
What other crimes do  you propose the victims be responsible for?

Rape?  Child molestation?   Murder?   Theft?

Why don’t you try asking a question that bears some semblance to the topic being discussed?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2018, 06:35:40 pm »
How do you know that registration, along with an insurance requirement, would not deter irresponsible whackos who are intent on doing something wrong from buying guns?

You are asking people to prove a negative.
You can’t.  Mandatory auto insurance deters the most irresponsible and destitute from owning cars, so the same would hold for firearms.

So you admit a secondary purpose of Insurance is to deny poor people the privilege of owning a car?  And that would be a good thing to apply to the right to self defense?  "Insurance as punishment" sort of takes "The process is the punishment" to a new level.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »
You are going to have to empower the state to hire a shit-ton more agents to put guns to our heads to force us not to be 'selfish' there bub.

Which is what your real intent is in all your advocacies.

Which is why I call you the tyranny-advocate you are.

IIRC, Paul Revere was sent to warn people the British Army was coming to stop people from being selfish.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2018, 06:37:30 pm »

Right back at ya buddy. How do you know it would? You can't.

Lot's of people drive without insurance or even a license so your argument holds no water.
Only the law biding obey the laws. Wackos could not care less about the law.

I will note that once again you are siding with the progressive Marxists. Seems to be a habit
with you.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2018, 06:37:37 pm »

Why would you need to trace ownership?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2018, 06:43:36 pm »
There you go again with the strawman argument. I never said anything about the gun being stolen from him and then being used in a crime. I am confident in saying my husband will never commit a crime with that gun. How about you? Can you predict you'll never commit a crime?

As for the rest of the future, the only thing I'll guarantee with 100% accuracy at this moment is that in a few minutes I will go downstairs and bake a coffee cake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2018, 06:46:20 pm »
IIRC, Paul Revere was sent to warn people the British Army was coming to stop people from being selfish.

Yes.  Yes they were.

And it should be pointed out to all, that when the agents of the Crown were sent to stop the Colonists from being selfish fetishists, the Crown bought themselves a war.'

Likewise we warn the advocates of tyranny, that the same fate awaits them should they be so stupid to repeat similar mistakes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2018, 07:00:06 pm »
Yes.  Yes they were.

And it should be pointed out to all, that when the agents of the Crown were sent to stop the Colonists from being selfish fetishists, the Crown bought themselves a war.'

Likewise we warn the advocates of tyranny, that the same fate awaits them should they be so stupid to repeat similar mistakes.

But sadly.... the stuckonstupid leftists aren't heeding our warnings.   They're mad (that they lost) and they're not gonna take it any more, gosh darnit!  As usual, we will have to 'show' them.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.