Author Topic: Report: Mueller interested in Kushner’s attempts to secure foreign financing  (Read 593 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Mueller interested in Kushner’s attempts to secure foreign financing
By Melanie Zanona - 02/19/18 05:03 PM EST

Special counsel Robert Mueller is interested in Jared Kushner’s attempts to secure foreign financing for his real-estate company during the presidential transition, CNN reported on Monday.

Mueller, who is leading the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election and any possible connections with the Trump campaign, is reportedly asking about Kushner's discussions with potential foreign investors other than Russia. Kushner is President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser.

This is the first indication that Mueller is looking beyond Kushner’s contacts with Russia as part of the investigation, according to CNN.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374563-report-mueller-interested-in-kushners-attempts-to-secure-foreign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That subject seems too far afield from the original purpose of the investigation.

Am I the only person that thinks a delegation n center-right Republicans, go to Sessions, Rosenstein and Mueller, and pose the question....

...isn't this witch hunt getting ridiculous? When is it over, and what confines it to legitimate boundaries?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

CNN reported on Monday.

And we are posting Hill pieces vomiting what other proven liars are saying as real news for what purpose?

Maybe it is time to start an Onion type section for laugh pieces like this that have no reality whatsoever.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Where is today's "Trump is furious" story?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Right_in_Virginia

CNN reported on Monday.

And we are posting Hill pieces vomiting what other proven liars are saying as real news for what purpose?

Maybe it is time to start an Onion type section for laugh pieces like this that have no reality whatsoever.

:thumbsup:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kushner's lawyers need to very publicly let Mueller know that he's way outside of his investigatory parameters and they will take him to court if he tries.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:58:27 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Concerned

It seems to me that a key part of determining whether or not there was Russian collusion with the Trump campaign is an evaluation of campaign members’ financials to determine if there were any unusual financial transactions.  If something illegal, but unrelated to Russian meddling, is uncovered, it is obviously under Mueller’s purview to investigate it. 

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

CNN reported on Monday.

On another thread is an article about impeaching Clarence Thomas.

The progressive Left has officially left orbit and is headed for deep space.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Before everyone calls BS on the sources, remember that last October, CNN received leaked info about the indictments and the DOJ called for an oversight investigation.

http://www.newsweek.com/doj-calls-investigation-paul-manafort-indictment-leak-696962

If, in fact, Mueller is looking into Kushner’s businesses dealings and finances as part of the probe, he cannot do it on his own.  He’d need to provide reasons to Rosenstein and receive approval. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
It seems to me that a key part of determining whether or not there was Russian collusion with the Trump campaign is an evaluation of campaign members’ financials to determine if there were any unusual financial transactions.  If something illegal, but unrelated to Russian meddling, is uncovered, it is obviously under Mueller’s purview to investigate it. 

Excellent post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 12:36:35 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Before everyone calls BS on the sources, remember that last October, CNN received leaked info about the indictments and the DOJ called for an oversight investigation.

http://www.newsweek.com/doj-calls-investigation-paul-manafort-indictment-leak-696962

If, in fact, Mueller is looking into Kushner’s businesses dealings and finances as part of the probe, he cannot do it on his own.  He’d need to provide reasons to Rosenstein and receive approval.

Great points.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Concerned

Can't believe I see this shit here.    You don't like Trump so you're ok with fishing expeditions to manufacture a crime when after a year of investigations they have found nothing.

Just tear up the Constitution and be done with it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

@Concerned

Can't believe I see this shit here.    You don't like Trump so you're ok with fishing expeditions to manufacture a crime when after a year of investigations they have found nothing.

Just tear up the Constitution and be done with it.

@driftdiver

Look, this could indeed be a "vast left wing" conspiracy and an assault on the Constitution led by Trump’s own appointee (Rosenstein) and supported by an entirely corrupt FBI and judiciary or there could be a logical explanation for Mueller and his team to look at Trump campaign members’ finances.  I choose to side with Occam’s razor here because looking at campaign members’ financials to “follow the money” applies today just as much as it did in the 1970’s.  "Follow the money" is a standard investigative tool to track down crime and corruption, and it seemed absolutely inevitable to me in this particular case.  JMO

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:41:49 pm by Concerned »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

Look, this could indeed be a "vast left wing" conspiracy and an assault on the Constitution led by Trump’s own appointee (Rosenstein) and supported by an entirely corrupt FBI and judiciary or there could be a logical explanation for Mueller and his team to look at Trump campaign members’ finances.  I choose to side with Occam’s razor here because looking at campaign members’ financials to “follow the money” applies today just as much as it did in the 1970’s.  "Follow the money" is a standard investigative tool to track down crime and corruption, and it seemed absolutely inevitable to me in this particular case.  JMO

@Concerned

You contradict yourself.  Occams razor indeed.   You see blatant abuse of power and corrupt and ignore it to chase after a unicorn because you don't like Trump.   You are willing to surrender to known corruption of DC because Trump used a bad word, because he's not as snow white pure as you fantasize about every other President being.

My gosh to think that the Russians spent a couple million dollars and turned an election where a billion dollars was spent.  Man those Russians are GOOD. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

This is the first indication that Mueller is looking beyond Kushner’s contacts with Russia as part of the investigation, according to CNN.

This is more bullshit.  This recycled story was first spewed into the "news" last spring. 

Recycling this "report" serves three purposes:  1. It takes the spotlight off Clinton and the Obama administration  2. It's psyops against the sitting President aimed at distracting him from his agenda, and  3. It brings back the media's speculation that Trump is going to fire Mueller along with quotes from his own political party warning him not to do this ... or it will be the end of his presidency.

Liberals and rabid haters of the President are the only ones who don't understand this---and this is because they just don't want to.

The rest do understand and refuse to play their game.

Conflicting stories about Kushner's meeting with Russian banker
CNN, Jun 2, 2017

The political firestorm around President Donald Trump's top adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner is picking up momentum due to mounting confusion over why Kushner secretly met with the head of a Russian state-owned bank during the presidential transition in December.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/politics/jared-kushner-russian-banker-what-we-know/index.html

Special counsel is investigating Jared Kushner’s business dealings
Washington Post, June 15, 2017

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is investigating the finances and business dealings of Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, as part of the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-jared-kushners-business-dealings/2017/06/15/5d9a32c6-51f2-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html?utm_term=.bb26487a51b6

Offline Concerned

@Concerned

You contradict yourself.  Occams razor indeed.   You see blatant abuse of power and corrupt and ignore it to chase after a unicorn because you don't like Trump.   You are willing to surrender to known corruption of DC because Trump used a bad word, because he's not as snow white pure as you fantasize about every other President being.

My gosh to think that the Russians spent a couple million dollars and turned an election where a billion dollars was spent.  Man those Russians are GOOD.

@driftdiver

I THINK you're projecting what "you see" with what "I" see, and what someone else may believe with what "I" believe.  I think "you" see "blatant abuse of power and corrupt(ion)".  I just don’t think the Right is doing themselves any favors by seeing “vast left-wing” conspiracies behind every door.  I just don't believe that all 35K employees of the FBI are out to “get” the President.  The entire Justice Department, including Trump appointees, aren’t plotting against the President.  The judiciary similarly aren't "in on" the conspiracy.  At least IMO.

I've never said or implied that Russia "turned" the election.  I'm afraid this is simply more overblown hyperbole.  Trump won the election fair and square IMO.  He's the legitimate President.  IMO, he won because he ran against an incredibly bad and flawed candidate and because he was able to successfully tap into a level of discontent and feeling of disenfranchisement that other's didn't recognize or couldn't reach.