Author Topic: From rival to wingman, Ted Cruz boasts of chumminess with Trump as he stumps for re-election  (Read 2123 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz Trump, Trump Cruz basically campaigned together or were allies at times during the primary season, they were chummy 3 years ago:

I can't get the animosity from the Cruz supporters really, the primaries end, the nominee is made and then, as for me, that is whom I support. Cruz supporters claim that Trump merely saying Rafael (who does have a background with a number of blanks on it and who has made false statements) was with Oswald before JFK was shot was beyond the pale, well, excuse me,  we know, there is a litany of things the Cruz campaign did as well, pretty tiring.

Now, Cruz is being chummy with Pence on the border tour.  As often it seems, Cruz-supporters disagree with what Cruz says, Reagan's 11th commandment was not to criticize other Republicans.

Also, lastly, a UT poll, and these might be done every month but one of their polls showed Trump's approval was actually higher in Texas than Cruz.  That is empirical data I'm sure I can find again, not just shooting from the mouth or posting editorials by some clown calling Zionism, Globalism but these are the responses we get.

It's almost nonsensical to have these arguments, obviously, I'd like to be able to photoshop Pence, Trump and Cruz altogether as the 3 amigos, it'd be great.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:26:56 am by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you know what Spinal Tap is/was?

@Wingnut   I'm laughing out loud (and so is Steve) ... apparently your reference has nothing to do with either the lumbar or a puncture.   :laugh:

Offline TomSea

I'm not quite sure about jealousy, but Trump needs to get over himself and allow Ted (if he'd be willing) to help him clean up the DOJ and drain the swamp.  However, I'm not confident that Trump really wants to do that.

Knock us over with a feather on the great accomplishments of Senator Rand Paul or any other Senator you favor.

Offline corbe

It's almost nonsensical to have these arguments, obviously, I'd like to be able to photoshop Pence, Trump and Cruz altogether as the 3 amigos, it'd be great.

@TomSea I agree it is nonsensical to continue to have these agruments, but it sure is FUN!

Thanks for posting this. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I'm not a mind reader @libertybele .. but I think the good senator has made it pretty darn clear that his sights are on the oval office --- not a temporary gubmint job.

Again, you must be privy to insider information; and to think he hasn't even announced he has any intention of running in 2020.  Do tell us, did you use your magical crystal ball or your secret decoder ring?   888bravo

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

@TomSea the absence of a comment indicates clickbait for your "Lyin Ted" buddies here. I saw the same thread over at TOS, and it was nothing but "Lyin Ted" crap.

@Night Hides Not

Does something hold you back from posting a link? I just went and looked and did not see this article.  *****rollingeyes***** That's looking like, you know, what they call a "mentira" or at the least, you didn't check your data too much.

You saw it, you better get your eyes checked, anyone can see it's not there at all.  So much for your nasty rash statements.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:43:53 am by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm not a mind reader @libertybele .. but I think the good senator has made it pretty darn clear that his sights are on the oval office --- not a temporary gubmint job.

Interesting.  I didn't know if Ted would run again but if he did he would have my vote. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Again, you must be privy to insider information; and to think he hasn't even announced he has any intention of running in 2020.  Do tell us, did you use your magical crystal ball or your secret decoder ring?   888bravo 

My bad ... I keep forgetting how wound up you can sometimes get.

You're right @libertybele Cruz would rather quit the Senate and replace Jeff Sessions.  And ... Cruz never, ever, ever wants to be President. 

Got it!  Thanks. :thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

My bad ... I keep forgetting how wound up you can sometimes get.

You're right @libertybele Cruz would rather quit the Senate and replace Jeff Sessions.  And ... Cruz never, ever, ever wants to be President. 

Got it!  Thanks. :thumbsup:

:sword:  The queen of 'snark' strikes again!  RIV, please don't put words in my mouth nor twist my words out of context. You obviously missed the point several posts ago.   :rolling:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

Hopefully, I will vote for whomever is the nominee again, not aiding the left and their agenda by figuring out, I'm too special to vote for some nominees.

Victories over ISIS, better economy, low unemployment, lowest unemployment for African-Americans ever recorded, yes, I will take that, most pro-life admin. ever.

888high58888
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:00:46 am by TomSea »

Offline corbe

Hypothetical @TomSea but if you lived in a state like California, Illinois or New York where your Trump Vote wouldn't mean squat would you use the opportunity as a protest vote against the GOP, like I did in Texas?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Interesting.  I didn't know if Ted would run again but if he did he would have my vote.

He will not run in 2020 if Trump runs.  However, I can see him running in 2024.

Remember, Ted is just a kid politically speaking and will still be quite young in 8 years.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Seems to me the wimmins are about ready to start a daily "A Day in the Life of Terrific Ted/Cuddly Cruz" thread,if ONLY that dim-witted Donald would be gracious enough to accept the fact that Cuddly Cruz is "smarter,stronger,and dammit,people just like him!"

If Boy Jorge sees this,he is likely to have a stroke from stomping his little feets in anger./

Are you stomping your little feet in anger or just rambling?

The queen of 'snark' strikes again!  RIV, please don't put words in my mouth nor twist my words out of context.

I'm not going to fight with you ... although heaven knows you want me to.  I have acquiesced to your opinion that Cruz would be happy to be the Attorney General and has expressed no interest in being POTUS.

You've won @libertybele ... move on and enjoy the moment.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:26:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

I'm not going to fight with you ... although heaven knows you want me to.  I have acquiesced to your opinion that Cruz would be happy to be the Attorney General and has expressed no interest in being POTUS.

You've won @libertybele ... move on and savor the moment.

:facepalm:  I NEVER stated that Cruz would be happy to be the AG.  Never.  Yeppers RIV, time to move on!

Offline TomSea

Hypothetical @TomSea but if you lived in a state like California, Illinois or New York where your Trump Vote wouldn't mean squat would you use the opportunity as a protest vote against the GOP, like I did in Texas?

It's a hypothetical.

I could answer with another hypothetical.

:facepalm:  I NEVER stated that Cruz would be happy to be the AG.  Never.  Yeppers RIV, time to move on!

Okay ....  I see your problem.

Good luck with it dear.   :whistle:

Offline corbe

He will not run in 2020 if Trump runs.  However, I can see him running in 2024.

Remember, Ted is just a kid politically speaking and will still be quite young in 8 years.

Excuse me Ms. @Emjay, I take precedence in 2024 not some punk azz Jr. Senator from TX, of all places.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Excuse me Ms. @Emjay, I take precedence in 2024 not some punk azz Jr. Senator from TX, of all places.

I actually like Pence but if he has presidential dreams ... let's just say, he's a good Vice President.

Offline TomSea

If I lived in a state where I knew my vote wouldn't affect the general outcome in the election, I doubt if then, I would taunt and torment others about their vote on a message board. That's my hypothetical.

Offline corbe

If I lived in a state where I knew my vote wouldn't affect the general outcome in the election, I doubt if then, I would taunt and torment others about their vote on a message board. That's my hypothetical.

@TomSea To many of US here, it's the GOP that is the problem and has been long before Trump took it over and exasperated it.  Also, quite a few of you Trumpers are pretty damn good at the 'taunt and torment' thing also, but it's a political discussion forum not an episode of Sesame Street, so it's all GOOD!

Offline libertybele

@TomSea To many of US here, it's the GOP that is the problem and has been long before Trump took it over and exasperated it.  Also, quite a few of you Trumpers are pretty damn good at the 'taunt and torment' thing also, but it's a political discussion forum not an episode of Sesame Street, so it's all GOOD!

888high58888

Offline TomSea

So by your logic, I'm a Bushie too because I support the nominee? Please correct @libertybele  on this point if you are going to define people this way. We know Libertybele plugged for the Constitution Party and their less than 1% of the national vote total. But she gives you a big hands up on this.

Please refer to me, as a Bushie, a Romneyite or any of these candidates, since I supported the party.

Offline TomSea

Governor Walker, Governor Perry, Governor Kasich, Planned Parenthood shuts down clinics because of these people and I'm sure, I can find more accomplishments. I'll take that. It's the Governors who have done things, oh, but look who these people are bitterly holding out for? Where are the great accomplishments of Senators Rubio and Paul and any other applicable Senator? But it's the GOP that let's them down. Funny.

Offline TomSea

Oh, boy the GOP doesn't do anything but their idols are the Senators and they are the ones that haven't done anything. It's a funny ol' game.