Author Topic: From rival to wingman, Ted Cruz boasts of chumminess with Trump as he stumps for re-election  (Read 2124 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
From rival to wingman, Ted Cruz boasts of chumminess with Trump as he stumps for re-election

SUGAR LAND  — One thing Sen. Ted Cruz isn’t doing as he seeks a second term is running away from the president. Despite a checkered history, the Texan boasts about his access and influence on matters ranging from taxes to the Paris Climate Accord.

“I spent a lot of time urging President Trump to pull out of that deal,” he recounted. “I spent 45 minutes on Air Force One saying, `Mr. President, this is killing jobs and it’s bad for our economy.'”

The day after Trump announced his decision, Cruz continued, “he calls me on my cellphone. He says, 'Well, Ted, I did it, what do you think?’ ... I told him, `Mr. President, everyone who hates you is ticked off and everyone who loves you is thrilled.’”

Read more at: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/02/18/rival-wingman-ted-cruz-boasts-chumminess-trump-stumps-reelection

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If Trump could get over his jealousy and allow Ted Cruz to be his number one adviser, we'd all be better off.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

@TomSea the absence of a comment indicates clickbait for your "Lyin Ted" buddies here. I saw the same thread over at TOS, and it was nothing but "Lyin Ted" crap.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline GrouchoTex

I wonder where he was in Sugar Land?
That's where I live, and I hadn't seen or heard anything about it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If Trump could get over his jealousy and allow Ted Cruz to be his number one adviser, we'd all be better off.

Do tell @Emjay ... exactly what is the President jealous of?

I told him, `Mr. President, everyone who hates you is ticked off and everyone who loves you is thrilled.’”

Formidable insight .....   

Offline dfwgator

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Do tell @Emjay ... exactly what is the President jealous of?

I think President Trump is smart enough to realize that Ted Cruz is smarter than him and has a vast amount of more political depth and experience.

I'm not saying Trump is not a good President for our present time, I think he is.

But I still think he would benefit by listening to and taking advice from Ted Cruz.

Offline libertybele

I'm not quite sure about jealousy, but Trump needs to get over himself and allow Ted (if he'd be willing) to help him clean up the DOJ and drain the swamp.  However, I'm not confident that Trump really wants to do that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I think President Trump is smart enough to realize that Ted Cruz is smarter than him and has a vast amount of more political depth and experience.

This makes me wonder how it is Cruz has had zero legislative wins in the Senate.   :pondering:

I'm not saying Trump is not a good President for our present time, I think he is.

Rather irrelevant to the question I asked you.   :shrug:

But I still think he would benefit by listening to and taking advice from Ted Cruz.

According to Cruz, the President does so.   So, I'll ask again @ Emjay ... what, exactly, is the President "jealous" of?

Thanks.

I'm not quite sure about jealousy, but Trump needs to get over himself and allow Ted (if he'd be willing) to help him clean up the DOJ and drain the swamp.  However, I'm not confident that Trump really wants to do that.

And how do you envision (Senator) Cruz doing this @libertybele

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Just curious. Are you waiting or expecting, the media to inform you that Cruz has easy access to Trump?

For that matter,  who is to say accurately, that Cruz does not have such access?

I find this to be like most "news," namely mostly made up, and made up to make Cruz and Trump look bad.

In real life any President has several vying to be "number one advisor;" namely his Chief of Staff, the legislative chamber party leaders, (some) in his cabinet, etc.

I think Cruz should be in that top tier.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This makes me wonder how it is Cruz has had zero legislative wins in the Senate.   :pondering:

According to Cruz, the President does so.   So, I'll ask again @ Emjay ... what, exactly, is the President "jealous" of?

Thanks.
Oh, lighten up, RIV.

You should know by now that I am one of the most dependable supporters of Donald Trump on this forum.

Maybe Trump isn't jealous of Ted Cruz, but I think he may be.

That isn't an insult ... it just makes him smart.

Oh, lighten up, RIV.

You should know by now that I am one of the most dependable supporters of Donald Trump on this forum.

Maybe Trump isn't jealous of Ted Cruz, but I think he may be.

That isn't an insult ... it just makes him smart.

Alrighty then ... thanks for the thoughtful reply and clearing this up @Emjay

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Thanks.

Wow, really, RIV?  Turned the snark up to eleven for today?

As for your "zero legislative wins in the Senate" question, first, it's wrong, and second - would you expect someone NOT of the swamp to have passes a lot of bills through the swamp?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 07:44:31 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Night Hides Not

As for your "zero legislative wins in the Senate" question, first, it's wrong, and second - would you expect someone NOT of the swamp to have passes a lot of bills through the swamp?

That was the exact purpose of this thread and it's pair on TOS: to rev up the snark on a holiday, to take limitless shots at "Lyin Ted".

Got news for you stalwarts in the Orange Brigade: if you think this is going to rev up support for Trump in the future, you are sadly mistaken.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

She is the Spinal Tap of TBR
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

And how do you envision (Senator) Cruz doing this @libertybele ?

Quite simple.  Trump needs to FIRE Sessions and Rosenstein and then appoint Ted as AG.  If there is anyone that has the integrity, knowledge and experience needed for that position it's Ted. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seems to me the wimmins are about ready to start a daily "A Day in the Life of Terrific Ted/Cuddly Cruz" thread,if ONLY that dim-witted Donald would be gracious enough to accept the fact that Cuddly Cruz is "smarter,stronger,and dammit,people just like him!"

If Boy Jorge sees this,he is likely to have a stroke from stomping his little feets in anger./
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:26:37 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Quite simple.  Trump needs to FIRE Sessions and Rosenstein and then appoint Ted as AG.  If there is anyone that has the integrity, knowledge and experience needed for that position it's Ted.

ROFL.... yeah, I'm sure THIS will fit into the good Senator's plans.   :silly:

She is the Spinal Tap of TBR

Why thank you @Wingnut .... I'm sure you know how much this means to me. 

Offline libertybele

ROFL.... yeah, I'm sure THIS will fit into the good Senator's plans.   :silly:

I didn't know that you were privy to his agenda, RIV.  Wow.  I'm impressed!   :silly:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Why thank you @Wingnut .... I'm sure you know how much this means to me.

Do you know what Spinal Tap is/was?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

I didn't know that you were privy to his agenda, RIV.  Wow.  I'm impressed! 

I'm not a mind reader @libertybele .. but I think the good senator has made it pretty darn clear that his sights are on the oval office --- not a temporary gubmint job.