Author Topic: Jennifer Lawrence says she will take break from acting to ‘fix our democracy’  (Read 2161 times)

Offline dfwgator

Online mountaineer

But her parents listened to Lawrence’s instincts.
In that case, they may have been even stupider than she.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She admits she's a middle school dropout. That means she never made it past 7th grade. Yikes.

@mountaineer

She was working as an actress in Hollywood movies. Would YOU have hung around to be a uber rarefied high school diploma when you were already working and earning 50 k a year or so,and have a future?

Granted,she did miss out on some of the "neat to be a kid" things and has a warped sense of reality when it comes to the lives on regular people because of her career,but it beats the hell out of pouring coffee at a donut shop when you're 30 and can't remember which box you stored the HS diploma in/
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In that case, they may have been even stupider than she.

@mountaineer

Yeah,who wants to be world famous multi-millionaire when you can be a HS graduate instead?

I quit high school so I could learn something.

Offline bolobaby

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@mountaineer

Yeah,who wants to be world famous multi-millionaire when you can be a HS graduate instead?

I quit high school so I could learn something.

@sneakypete

High school drop outs who become millionaires are rare.    Most have too many anti social behaviors and can't get any job let alone an acting job paying millions.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

High school drop outs who become millionaires are rare.    Most have too many anti social behaviors and can't get any job let alone an acting job paying millions.

@driftdiver

Yes,but in THIS particular case that we are talking about,Jennifer Lawrence became a major movie star BECAUSE she had enough faith in her dream to quit high school and accept a part in a movie. Now she is probably worth in the neighborhood of 100 million bucks. Somehow,I don't think we are ever going to see her standing in a welfare line.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:17:59 am by sneakypete »

Online mountaineer

We get it, she has made a lot of money for one so uneducated.  But I stll think she's in no position to lecture us on issues about which she knows nothing. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We get it, she has made a lot of money for one so uneducated.  But I stll think she's in no position to lecture us on issues about which she knows nothing.

@mountaineer

Different issues.  I have no idea why you are defending a high school diploma like it is some sort of accomplishment. All you have to do to obtain one is maintain a pulse and show up at school for 12 years. There are people graduating from high school every year that can't read or write. They don't know squat,and at least half of that they have been taught is wrong. Damn near 100 percent wrong if you are talking about history. Public schools have gone from teaching to indoctrination.

BTW,you still aren't getting it. Although they are related,it's more about being successful in your chosen career field than it is money. It just so  happens that the field she chose pays an insane amount of money to  those who are successful and a pittance to those who aren't. Has nothing to do with education and everything to do with talent.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:39:12 pm by sneakypete »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Totally agree with you. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think it was safe to assume she didn't ket to hollywood because of what was between her ears.

JLaw?  Cute but stupid.  Pretty  much par for the course for Hollywood.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

@mountaineer
  It just so  happens that the field she chose pays an insane amount of money to  those who are successful and a pittance to those who aren't. Has nothing to do with education and everything to do with talent.

More like it has to do with who you sleep with.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
More like it has to do with who you sleep with.

@dfwgator

Really? Who did a 14 year old Lawrence sleep with to get  her first movie job?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good question. Someone should ask her down the road. It's a new low for actresses when you have to wonder what's between her ears instead of her legs.
She showed up at the DAPL Protests where the people who were there to hold up the pipeline to get money for the tribe Save the Water! left behind over 720 semi loads of trash and debris, a half dozen puppies, and a dead human (in the river, of course), among other things...

Tells me all I need to know.

Besides, if one person is 'fixing' a democracy, doesn't that kinda negate everyone else's votes?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis