Author Topic: Jennifer Lawrence says she will take break from acting to ‘fix our democracy’  (Read 2162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jennifer Lawrence says she will take break from acting to ‘fix our democracy’
Posted on February 18, 2018 by True Pundit Staff

Jennifer Lawrence is set to take a break from acting.

“Hunger Games” star Lawrence revealed her plans while promoting her latest movie “Red Sparrow,” sharing with Entertainment Tonight her ambitions to “fix” democracy in America while she takes a Hollywood hiatus.

“I’m going to take the next year off,” Lawrence outlined. “I’m going to be working with this organization as a part of (anti-corruption organization) Represent.US… trying to get young people engaged politically on a local level.

“It doesn’t have anything to do with partisan (politics). It’s just anti-corruption and stuff trying to pass state by state laws that can help prevent corruption, fix our democracy.”

Her decision isn’t out of the ordinary for the Oscar winner, who has taken more of a political standpoint in recent years. –

READ MORE
https://truepundit.com/jennifer-lawrence-says-will-take-break-acting-fix-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

It’s just anti-corruption and stuff

And stuff? This woman is about a stupid as a rock.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

That woman's body has gone to her head.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

Which democracy would that be?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

That woman's body has gone to her head.
Body of a Ferrari. Brain of a Yugo. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

Which democracy would that be?

Good question. Someone should ask her down the road. It's a new low for actresses when you have to wonder what's between her ears instead of her legs.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
She lives in a protected bubble.  She used to be down to earth but that bubble has taken over.

How anyone can complain about corruption now compared to Obama or Clinton is amazing.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, I know a lot of people use to speak well of her.

Offline WingNot

Yes, I know a lot of people use to speak well of her.

You must run in a different class of peoples.   I prefer my friends to be Low class but not white trash.

Offline dfwgator

Translation:  "I'm box-office poison."

Offline Frank Cannon

Translation:  "I'm box-office poison."

That can't be. She only pumps out hits.....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Well isn't she full of herself.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
We should urge her to run for president.

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Jennifer Lawrence says she will take break from acting to ‘fix our democracy’
Posted on February 18, 2018 by True Pundit Staff

Jennifer Lawrence is set to take a break from acting.

“Hunger Games” star Lawrence revealed her plans while promoting her latest movie “Red Sparrow,” sharing with Entertainment Tonight her ambitions to “fix” democracy in America while she takes a Hollywood hiatus.

“I’m going to take the next year off,” Lawrence outlined. “I’m going to be working with this organization as a part of (anti-corruption organization) Represent.US… trying to get young people engaged politically on a local level.

“It doesn’t have anything to do with partisan (politics). It’s just anti-corruption and stuff trying to pass state by state laws that can help prevent corruption, fix our democracy.”

Her decision isn’t out of the ordinary for the Oscar winner, who has taken more of a political standpoint in recent years. –

READ MORE
https://truepundit.com/jennifer-lawrence-says-will-take-break-acting-fix-democracy/

That's awful white of her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

I resent that...I have some pet rocks who are smarter than Lawrence.  22222frying pan

Offline mountaineer

Jennifer Lawrence wears leopard print coat and jeans in New York after revealing she dropped out of middle school and 'never felt very smart'
By Tracy Wright For Dailymail.com
Published: 14:33 EST, 23 February 2018 | Updated: 15:54 EST, 23 February 2018

She's a skilled actress with a host of awards under her belt.

But Jennifer Lawrence admitted she dropped out of middle school and 'never felt very smart' during an interview with 60 Minutes set to air on Sunday evening through the CBS network.  ...

"I dropped out of middle school," Jennifer told Bill Whitaker. "I don't technically have a GED or a diploma. I am self-educated."   ...
More moron news at Daily Mail

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:36:47 pm by mountaineer »

Offline WingNot

I think it was safe to assume she didn't ket to hollywood because of what was between her ears.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I resent that...I have some pet rocks who are smarter than Lawrence.  22222frying pan

@goatprairie

No,she is actually pretty smart. The problem is she has been living in the Hollywood/NYC "bubble" ever since her first starring role when she was around 13,and only associates with airheads.

You and I would be seem to be idiots if we had lived the life she has lived the last 10 years or so.

I hate to use the word "unfortunately" here about a woman in her early 20's that has been THE star of a series of major movies and probably worth 100 million or so by now,but it still fits. If everyone you know is an idiot,you tend to sound like an idiot too because idiocy is what you think is the normal for everyone.

And of course there is also the factor that almost nobody ever tries to tell somebody with upteen millions that they are wrong because that ain't no way to scam money out of them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:36:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think it was safe to assume she didn't ket to hollywood because of what was between her ears.

@Wingnut

You implications are she used her body and sex appeal.

I guess this means YOU think pre-teen girls are sexy?

Offline WingNot

@Wingnut

You implications are she used her body and sex appeal.

I guess this means YOU think pre-teen girls are sexy?

I'm pretty sure I'm saying that If they offered her the part of Anne Frank she would have to turn it down because she couldn't learn her lines.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm pretty sure I'm saying that If they offered her the part of Anne Frank she would have to turn it down because she couldn't learn her lines.

@Wingnut

Ok,so you are just "regular wrong" and not "creepy wrong".

She is one of the best actresses working today. The first time I saw here in anything I had no idea who she was,but she flat stole the movie from everyone else. Go on the web and find and watch "Winter's Bone" if you want to see some good acting by a 20  year old.

She got the star role in the "Hunger Games"  franchises a year later,and is making stoopid money now,and it seems like everyone in Hollywood is eaten up with jealousy because she is now the highest paid actress in the world. Guess  what? If her acting didn't pull in ticket sales and making money for the producers,she wouldn't be getting that money.

Offline mountaineer

She admits she's a middle school dropout. That means she never made it past 7th grade. Yikes.

Offline jpsb

For some reason I always thought she was an intelegent girl, guess not

One rule from the other sit  I do like :)

Offline jpsb

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jennifer Lawrence: I don't regret dropping out of middle school
MSN, Feb 23, 2018, Entertainment Weekly

Jennifer Lawrence is a lot of things — Oscar winner, advocate, and Emma Stone’s biggest fan, among others — but one thing she’s not? A high school graduate.

It’s hard to explain. It’s just an overwhelming feeling of, ‘I get this. This is what I was meant to do,'” Lawrence says of acting. “And to get people to try to understand that when you’re 14 years old, wanting to drop out of school and do this, and your parents are just like, ‘You’re out of your mind.'”

But her parents listened to Lawrence’s instincts. “I dropped out of middle school. I don’t technically have a GED or a diploma,” she says with a smile. “I am self-educated.”

Whitaker asks if she regrets the decision. “No,” says Lawrence. “I really don’t. I wanted to forge my own path. I found what I wanted to do, and I didn’t want anything getting in the way of it. Even friends, for many years, were not as important to me as my career, I mean, from the age of 14.”

More:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/jennifer-lawrence-i-dont-regret-dropping-out-of-middle-school/ar-BBJv3ZX?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp