Author Topic: Students plan 3 big gun reform protests this spring. Trump and Congress may act before then  (Read 463 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Students plan 3 big gun reform protests this spring. Trump and Congress may act before then
by Anna Giaritelli | Feb 19, 2018, 4:54 PM

Students from 200 cities across the country are planning walk-outs and protests on three dates this spring to demand Congress tighten gun control laws in the wake of the Valentine's Day massacre in Parkland, Fla.

Teen responses are unlike others that have followed similar school shootings in recent years because students, not just lawmakers, are the ones who are calling for change.

Survivors of the shooting spree at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland have appeared daily on television networks to call for their lives, not gun rights, to be protected.

Many of these teen activists are minors and unable to vote in elections, prompting others to step in and help them organize and plot their next moves.

The Women's March Youth EMPOWER organization plans the first event, referred to as #Enough, on the one-month mark after the shooting.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/students-plan-3-big-gun-reform-protests-this-spring-trump-and-congress-may-act-before-then/article/2649477
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Many of these teen activists are minors and unable to vote in elections, prompting others to step in and help them organize and plot their next moves.

Oh yes. Back in my day we used to call this manipulating the stupid.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Poor pittiful manipulated minds full of mush. Just Useful tools of the gungrabber leftists..
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Poor pittiful manipulated minds full of mush. Just Useful tools of the gungrabber leftists..

I think it is funny that no one is mentioning that this is the district in FL that had the hanging chad issue a number of years back. It's a left wing kook district. Of course the kids are all into gun grabbing and other fables of the Left. Their parents are into it too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I am sick, sick, sick of people using this horrible school shooting for political purposes.

Make it stop.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

Emotional outbursts like this are similar to the other national hysterias that grip us occasionally after a killing or devastating event. This one given a little nudge with the help of willing democrat activists and with a gleeful media. Oh the photo ops.

It’s notable that after the country music concert in Las Vegas where scores died, we didn’t get the same kind of response as we’re seeing here.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Emotional outbursts like this are similar to the other national hysterias that grip us occasionally after a killing or devastating event. This one given a little nudge with the help of willing democrat activists and with a gleeful media. Oh the photo ops.

It’s notable that after the country music concert in Las Vegas where scores died, we didn’t get the same kind of response as we’re seeing here.

Couldn't get the video to work.  A woman was talking about how she was from Sweden and she was mad because Sweden has zero tolerance.  I looked it up and Sweden has a problem with gun violence.  They may be strict on giving gun permits but they have lots of shootings.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:27:04 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.