Author Topic: 3 billboards near Miami are trolling Sen. Marco Rubio after the Florida school massacre  (Read 612 times)

Offline libertybele

As far as I know, Rubio has not responded.  Students are walking out and making demands to do something.  I know that in the past we've seen a push for control after mass shootings at schools before, but I get the feeling that this isn't going to go away anytime soon. I know that Governor Scott has been very steadfast on being pro-gun, but not so sure how Rubio will hold up with this kind of pressure. 

3 billboards near Miami are trolling Sen. Marco Rubio after the Florida school massacre

(CNN)"Slaughtered in school"
"And still no gun control?"
"How come, Marco Rubio?"
That's the message scrawled across three mobile billboards seen Friday near Sen. Marco Rubio's office in Doral, Florida. ............

............Rubio, a Republican who ran for president in 2016, said Thursday that gun restrictions would not have prevented the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The senator had received $3.3 million from the National Rifle Association as of October, according to The New York Times.
A person who answered the phone Friday at Rubio's Miami-area office declined to comment on the billboards.
Added Ruby-Sachs: "Today citizens are asking: How come Rubio refuses to protect our children? The senator has taken fire across the country for his toothless response to the shooting, calling it 'inexplicable'. We called (that) 'inexcusable.'"............

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/three-billboards-rubio-trnd/index.html

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:28:39 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Place another billboard next to these three with a list of all of the federal and state gun control laws currently in effect.

Put the Gun-Free Schools Zone Act of 1990 in bold.

Offline libertybele

Place another billboard next to these three with a list of all of the federal and state gun control laws currently in effect.

888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Pathetic combination of coattailing on a national tragedy and an Oscar nominated film.  It's more sadder than the hysteria over Three Mile Island after The China Syndrome.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:49:54 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Well, this well be telling.  As long as he's been my senator, I've never heard him speak on the 2nd Amendment. The 'debate' will be moderated by Jack Tapper (what could possibly go wrong).  So far his response has been:

Thanks for invitation.Look forward to participating in this important forum.I want action too. Action that will make a difference. #Sayfie https://t.co/M7sZdZFpo7

— Marco Rubio (@marcorubio) February 18, 2018

Marco Rubio to Face Florida School Shooting Victims Calling For Gun Control at CNN Town Hall

https://www.mediaite.com/online/marco-rubio-to-face-florida-school-shooting-victims-calling-for-gun-control-at-cnn-town-hall/

Offline Frank Cannon

AVAAZ is a Communist front group that is run by Ricken Patel, a foreigner. Isn't this billboard stunt outside interference in the US political system? Why isn't Mueller looking into this?

Offline Meldrew

It will need to be a big sign. Last I heard, there were over 22,000 gun laws on the books.  I would very much enjoy asking a gun control pol how his proposed bill is better than the other 22,000 laws we already have. 

Offline dfwgator

AVAAZ is a Communist front group that is run by Ricken Patel, a foreigner. Isn't this billboard stunt outside interference in the US political system? Why isn't Mueller looking into this?

Patel?