Author Topic: Trump: Dems could have passed gun control under Obama  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Dems could have passed gun control under Obama
« on: February 18, 2018, 03:22:34 pm »
Trump: Dems could have passed gun control under Obama
By Max Greenwood - 02/17/18 07:21 PM EST

President Trump on Saturday blamed Democrats for failing to act to strengthen gun restrictions under the Obama administration, accusing them of using the issue as a political talking point.

"Just like they don’t want to solve the DACA problem, why didn’t the Democrats pass gun control legislation when they had both the House & Senate during the Obama Administration. Because they didn’t want to, and now they just talk!" Trump tweeted.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374411-trump-dems-could-have-passed-gun-control-under-obama
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump: Dems could have passed gun control under Obama
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 03:31:03 pm »
 :facepalm:  Nothing like stirring the pot and asking for DEMS to come up with a plan for gun control!  This is definitely one time when he should have kept his mouth shut!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 03:34:37 pm »
Sounds like he is setting himself up to champion some measure.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 03:43:09 pm »
Well, they passed Obamacare.  Look how wonderfully that turned out.  As one of the left’s heroes, Dorothy Parker might say, what kind of fresh hell do you think gun legislation from them would be?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 03:47:29 pm »
Well, they passed Obamacare.  Look how wonderfully that turned out.  As one of the left’s heroes, Dorothy Parker might say, what kind of fresh hell do you think gun legislation from them would be?

The difference is there's no money in gun control.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:00:45 pm »
I don't believe either party really wants gun control.  Unlike many other countries, firearms are an integral part of life for many Americans -- Republicans, Democrats or neither.  Both parties covet the votes of gun owners and neither party wants to lose those votes.  They will do like they did with "tax reform" -- make a few tweaks, a few cosmetic changes -- then say, look we have gun control.    It will be all about the optics -- making it look like they are doing something when they really aren't.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 04:10:42 pm »
Both parties covet the votes of gun owners and neither party wants to lose those votes.

Both parties are heavily invested in doing as little as possible, forming committees and blue ribbon panels for study, expressing endless concern, and keeping the issue alive for campaign purposes.  It's a farce.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.