Author Topic: Trump, Ryan to meet at Mar-a-Lago to discuss 2018 agenda  (Read 533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, Ryan to meet at Mar-a-Lago to discuss 2018 agenda
« on: February 17, 2018, 10:47:09 pm »
Trump, Ryan to meet at Mar-a-Lago to discuss 2018 agenda
By Jordan Fabian - 02/17/18 04:29 PM EST

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Trump will meet with Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Sunday at the president's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida to discuss their legislative agenda, according to the White House.

The meeting comes days after a gunman killed 17 people and wounded more than a dozen others at a South Florida high school, reigniting the contentious debate over the nation’s gun laws.

Trump has said he is “working with Congress on many fronts” to prevent future shootings, including on mental health issues and strengthening school security.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374398-trump-ryan-to-meet-at-mar-a-lago-to-discuss-2018-agenda
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump, Ryan to meet at Mar-a-Lago to discuss 2018 agenda
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:44:56 pm »
Does anyone think Trump is pressuring Ryan to push gun control?  I don't but what the hell do I know?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 12:01:08 am »
Does anyone think Trump is pressuring Ryan to push gun control?  I don't but what the hell do I know?

No, if anything else it would be the opposite. Trump has been strong in his Second amendment position. I expect him to keep that position like he has kept most of his campaign promises.

No, I think we are done legislatively till after midterms. Then we see what happens. Hold the House near the same numbers, add 5-8 Senate... then we can talk turkey about a real agenda. Lose biggly... well.... what of Trump?

Sure, there is going to be some infrastructure bill.... midterms..gotta' reel in some pork. But from the House I expect bills to expose the regressive left/democrats. Sent to the Senate to die via a lack of 60 votes.

On the Senate side... judiciary , judiciary, judiciary..

Then we see what 2019 brings.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 12:24:35 am »
I expect him to keep that position like he has kept most of his campaign promises.
Thank you for your reply.  I agree with much of what you wrote.  However I would say that President Trump has failed on most of his campaign promises.  I heard President Trump say he would lock up Crooked Hillary.  He would drain the swamp and build a wall.  Repeal Obamacare and unify America.  I heard him say he would reform Washington and restore trust.  I will need to see much more to give Trump a passing grade on these issues

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 12:30:47 am »
Thank you for your reply.  I agree with much of what you wrote.  However I would say that President Trump has failed on most of his campaign promises.  I heard President Trump say he would lock up Crooked Hillary.  He would drain the swamp and build a wall.  Repeal Obamacare and unify America.  I heard him say he would reform Washington and restore trust.  I will need to see much more to give Trump a passing grade on these issues

Works in progress are not a trust/promise broken.

Surely you are not saying Trump should be declared a Caesar? Upon who's word is the decree.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 12:52:02 am »
From what I can tell, the agenda consists of political posturing for elective purposes. More of the same will follow in 2019/20.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 01:42:18 am »
Works in progress are not a trust/promise broken.

Surely you are not saying Trump should be declared a Caesar? Upon who's word is the decree.

Of course not.  This is the first year.  President Trump has a lot of time to convince his detractors.  On the other hand the GOP House and Senate does not have much time at all.  Most likely voters have probably already made up their mind.  That leaves motivating those who don't already care, and persuading those who can be persuaded.  Recent special elections indicate the GOP could be in trouble, but I believe some special elections are about the flawed candidates running and may say little about President Trump.  The vulnerable GOP candidate is facing an extremely difficult choice before Nov.  Do they accept the support and endorsement of the leader of their party, and the President of the United States?  If I was facing re-election, I would not want to be in front of those cameras with President Trump.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 03:31:04 am »
Of course not.  This is the first year.  President Trump has a lot of time to convince his detractors.  On the other hand the GOP House and Senate does not have much time at all.  Most likely voters have probably already made up their mind.  That leaves motivating those who don't already care, and persuading those who can be persuaded.  Recent special elections indicate the GOP could be in trouble, but I believe some special elections are about the flawed candidates running and may say little about President Trump.  The vulnerable GOP candidate is facing an extremely difficult choice before Nov.  Do they accept the support and endorsement of the leader of their party, and the President of the United States?  If I was facing re-election, I would not want to be in front of those cameras with President Trump.

Thanks for the reply.

You certainly are honorable in holding your consideration. However, I think Americans are far more in tune with Trump..... or mahap Trump is far more in tune with Americans than you properly consider.

P.S. A Simple Bricklayer.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:31:53 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass