Author Topic: BREAKING>>Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 2969 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: BREAKING>>Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2018, 09:31:48 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/16/13-russian-nationals-indicted-for-interfering-in-us-elections.html

Further, the DOJ made clear that the indictment does not allege that any of the interference changed the outcome of the presidential race.

“There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 09:38:11 pm »
Let Mueller close up shop.

Then appoint another SC to investigate the extent of the FBI's political collusion with the Clinton and Obama camps. Including Mueller.

Given what we already know, it would probably take only about 48 hours to indict all of the principals whom you mentioned.  (In fact, I'll bet someone in the Trump Administration has already put together the prosecutorial packages for upcoming grand jury proceedings.)   

Online Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2018, 09:51:17 pm »
1. No American knowingly participated

Sidney Blumenthal isn't an American?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »
Sidney Blumenthal isn't an American?

Exactly. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2018, 09:56:26 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/16/13-russian-nationals-indicted-for-interfering-in-us-elections.html

Further, the DOJ made clear that the indictment does not allege that any of the interference changed the outcome of the presidential race.

“There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity.

None of that is clear in CNN's reportage:

(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller has indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for allegedly meddling in the 2016 presidential election, charging them with conspiracy to defraud the United States, the Department of Justice announced Friday.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2018, 09:59:07 pm »
None of that is clear in CNN's reportage:

(CNN)Special counsel Robert Mueller has indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for allegedly meddling in the 2016 presidential election, charging them with conspiracy to defraud the United States, the Department of Justice announced Friday.

Rosenstein said Friday that the indictment does not contain any allegations that any Americans knowingly participated in the activity.
"There is no allegation in this indictment that any American was a knowing participant in this illegal activity," he said. "There is no allegation in the indictment that the charge conduct altered the outcome of the 2016 election."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/mueller-russia-indictments-election-interference/index.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2018, 10:03:12 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/mueller-russia-indictments-election-interference/index.html

Right, twelve or fourteen paragraphs down.

Since the entire investigation as reported these past 16 months was 'was Trump colluding with the Russians' wouldn't it make sense to include that bit of info up towards the top, if not in the headline?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2018, 10:05:32 pm »
Fox news says this proves there was Russian interference.    Seems scripted
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2018, 10:07:48 pm »
Right, twelve or fourteen paragraphs down.

Since the entire investigation as reported these past 16 months was 'was Trump colluding with the Russians' wouldn't it make sense to include that bit of info up towards the top, if not in the headline?

If you want to argue it should have been located in a different portion of the story, you're obviously entitled to your opinion on that subject, but you claimed it was not "clear in CNN's reportage".  That was obviously false.  It was quite clear including providing Rosenstein's quote on the subject:  quite clear. 

Online DB

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2018, 10:09:25 pm »
The irony is Obama strongly interfered with the Israeli elections among others...

Yet that is just fine...

The goals always justify the means with lefties. The pursuit of Utopia eventually ends up with people in ovens for the "greater good"...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2018, 10:12:09 pm »
If you want to argue it should have been located in a different portion of the story, you're obviously entitled to your opinion on that subject, but you claimed it was not "clear in CNN's reportage".  That was obviously false.  It was quite clear including providing Rosenstein's quote on the subject:  quite clear.

Where the editor locates highly relevant facts has bearing on how clear a report is. IMO.

Of course you can disagree but that doesn't make it 'false'.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2018, 10:18:12 pm »
Where the editor locates highly relevant facts has bearing on how clear a report is. IMO.

Of course you can disagree but that doesn't make it 'false'.

I do disagree because the "reportage" (as you put it) was indeed quite clear.........assuming, of course, the reader has the attention span to read the entire "reportage".  There's no shame in simply admitting you made a mistake.  Have a good night.   :seeya:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2018, 10:22:09 pm »
I do disagree because the "reportage" (as you put it) was indeed quite clear.........assuming, of course, the reader has the attention span to read the entire "reportage".  There's no shame in simply admitting you made a mistake.  Have a good night.   :seeya:

Buzz off.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2018, 04:51:11 am »
Dowd added that he believed Trump was pleased with the developments in Mueller's investigation, which has also launched indictments against four people connected to the president's campaign in previous months.

“I’m sure [Trump] is happy,” Dowd said. “We’ve had a lot of faith in Bob Mueller and his team and it makes you feel good when they do a good job. They got these bastards who tried to hurt the country.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374327-trumps-personal-lawyer-mueller-did-a-hell-of-a-job-with-indictments

Right.  I’m sure they’re ready to have tea and a chat with Mueller now.

*****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2018, 05:44:28 pm »
Moose and Squirrel

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline the_doc

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2018, 08:43:40 pm »
@The Ghost
@Bigun
@INVAR

It could turn out to be like when an innocent man (Trump) gets convicted by the false testimony of a jailhouse snitch (a Russian meddler, in this case) who is led to believe he will get favorable treatment for helping to convict the prosecutor's bigger target (Trump).

These witch hunts by corrupt prosecutors sometimes turn out to be frame jobs, I think.

I'm pleased to be able to say I was wrong.  When I wrote this post, I didn't realize that none of the Russkies who were indicted could ever be brought to trial.  I assumed they were residing in the U.S.  Indicting the non-resident "conspirators" gives Mueller no leverage against them to get them to frame Trump.  (The possibility that prosecutorial crooks would wind up framing Trump is what I have been concerned about since Day One of the witch hunt.  No one should ever trust a hostile lawyer.)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2018, 09:07:37 pm »
I'm pleased to be able to say I was wrong.  When I wrote this post, I didn't realize that none of the Russkies who were indicted could ever be brought to trial.  I assumed they were residing in the U.S.  Indicting the non-resident "conspirators" gives Mueller no leverage against them to get them to frame Trump.  (The possibility that prosecutorial crooks would wind up framing Trump is what I have been concerned about since Day One of the witch hunt.  No one should ever trust a hostile lawyer.)

It gives him the 'aura' of "evidence" that his fruitless "investigation" has merit so he can continue the witch-hunt until he has something that can be used to blackmail, coerce or impeach Trump.

The 'Deep-State Oligarchy in D.C. does not just consist of rabid Marxist Democrats you know.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775