Author Topic: CNN invites Trump to town hall with parents, students of Florida high school  (Read 861 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN invites Trump to town hall with parents, students of Florida high school
By Josh Delk - 02/17/18 03:46 PM EST

CNN is slated to hold a live town hall event next week featuring a discussion with parents and students from the Florida high school where a gunman killed 17 students and staff members.

The network announced Saturday it will air "Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action" on Wednesday, Feb. 21, following calls from students demanding that lawmakers take legislative action to prevent future mass shootings.

CNN said it has invited President Trump, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R), Florida Sens. Marco Rubio (R) and Bill Nelson (D) as well as Rep. Ted Deutch (D) to the discussion to hear from the community members affected by the tragedy.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/374394-cnn-to-hold-town-hall-with-parents-students-of-florida-hs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

How about CNN invites the President to participate in a three part roundtable discussion:   The first to discuss with mental health professionals ways to identify and refer risky, unstable students; the second to discuss with Israeli security professionals ways to protect the nation's schools; and the third to discuss with the FBI agents involved how two warnings about Nikolas Cruz could be ignored.

No more teddy bear and stronger gun control crap. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How about CNN invites the President to participate in a three part roundtable discussion:   The first to discuss with mental health professionals ways to identify and refer risky, unstable students; the second to discuss with Israeli security professionals ways to protect the nation's schools; and the third to discuss with the FBI agents involved how two warnings about Nikolas Cruz could be ignored.

This is CNN.  You know it will be a gun/people control round-robin, just look at the title:  "Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action."  I wouldn't attend if I were Trump, I don't know if I'd even send somebody.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

Nice idea; I think the third one should be FBI AND local law enforcement, to get their background on the situation. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

This is CNN.  You know it will be a gun/people control round-robin, just look at the title:  "Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action."  I wouldn't attend if I were Trump, I don't know if I'd even send somebody.

If CNN won’t, could Fox do it?  It would be amazing!  Or even an internet feed live from the White House.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Meldrew

So this is CNN's new thing - yelling "scaredy-cat!!" at pols who can't or choose not to show up (or like in Cruz's case did show up but didn't get aired)?  Like a bunch of 6 year olds - embarassing. 

Offline bolobaby

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If CNN won’t, could Fox do it?  It would be amazing!  Or even an internet feed live from the White House.

I don't know that Fox would be any better.  They'd put Chris Wallace or Shepard Smith in charge. 9999hair out0000

I like RiV's suggestion for a format, but they'd never do it.  They want something engineered to put pressure on Congress to further violate our rights.  That's what it's all about.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

I don't know that Fox would be any better.  They'd put Chris Wallace or Shepard Smith in charge. 9999hair out0000

I like RiV's suggestion for a format, but they'd never do it.  They want something engineered to put pressure on Congress to further violate our rights.  That's what it's all about.

The WH should seriously do this themselves!   One benefit of the Internet, is that the media no longer has a monopoly.   I find Twitter annoying, but there’s no reason the President couldn’t set up a live-streamed “summit”.

Offline Frank Cannon

What exactly would be amazing about it? It sounds like a snoozefest with a bunch of activist parents being used by the MSM to push an agenda. There is no mention in this article about the FBI being brought in to explain why they ONCE AGAIN were alerted about a killer and decided it wasn't worth their time to follow up.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The WH should seriously do this themselves!   One benefit of the Internet, is that the media no longer has a monopoly.   I find Twitter annoying, but there’s no reason the President couldn’t set up a live-streamed “summit”.

No, it would not be "amazing."  It would be a pointless traipse into meaningless anti-gun propaganda that would defocus the attention from where it should be:  The FBI's continuing to drop the ball on spotting and acting against these lunatics.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

No, it would not be "amazing."  It would be a pointless traipse into meaningless anti-gun propaganda that would defocus the attention from where it should be:  The FBI's continuing to drop the ball on spotting and acting against these lunatics.

The FBI's "See Something, Say Something" filing cabinet.....

Offline LauraTXNM

What exactly would be amazing about it? It sounds like a snoozefest with a bunch of activist parents being used by the MSM to push an agenda. There is no mention in this article about the FBI being brought in to explain why they ONCE AGAIN were alerted about a killer and decided it wasn't worth their time to follow up.

I was talking about RiV’s suggested 3-parter.  which I think would be useful.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The FBI's "See Something, Say Something" filing cabinet.....

Too small.  One of these:

I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

I was talking about RiV’s suggested 3-parter.  Which would including asking hard questions of the FBI and local law enforcement.  So there ;).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was talking about RiV’s suggested 3-parter.  which I think would be useful.

Not if it's done by the White House.  It will be knocked as "controlling the media," and if any of the enemedia to it it will be a round-robin "knock the President, the NRA and Republicans in general."  If the White House were to do a Town Hall, after knocking it the Press will excerpt the parts they like and nobody will ever see the rest of it.

It's best to not give them any scraps from the table.  It remains to be seen if my humble advice will be taken.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

Not if it's done by the White House.  It will be knocked as "controlling the media," and if any of the enemedia to it it will be a round-robin "knock the President, the NRA and Republicans in general."  If the White House were to do a Town Hall, after knocking it the Press will excerpt the parts they like and nobody will ever see the rest of it.

It's best to not give them any scraps from the table.  It remains to be seen if my humble advice will be taken.

Unlikely it will happen, anyway.  But I think it’s an opportunity missed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was talking about RiV’s suggested 3-parter.  Which would including asking hard questions of the FBI and local law enforcement.  So there ;).

That won't happen at a Town Hall, only emotional midgets will be allowed to speak, wail and rend clothing about the poor, innocent people.  Those hard questions need to be asked, and the place for it is in Congressional hearings (public) and in the Courts when the lawsuits against the FBI hit.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Unlikely it will happen, anyway.  But I think it’s an opportunity missed.

The opportunity will be missed because of the nature of the bleeding-heart press that wants to do away with the Second Amendment.  They salivate like Pavlov's Dog every time one of these things happen because they were successful in convincing Australia to grab up all the guns after a school shooting.  This is nothing but a tool for them, talk about heartless ghouls.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
BTW the WH Security Clearance issue very likely involves our beloved, FBI dragging them out needlessly.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:12:14 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

BTW the SWH Security Clearance issue very likely involves our beloved, FBI dragging them out needlessly.

I thought they finished Porter’s original check in June.  That wasn’t very long. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!