Author Topic: Here Is The List Of Attackers The FBI Was Warned About But Still Failed To Stop  (Read 513 times)

Offline corbe

Here Is The List Of Attackers The FBI Was Warned About But Still Failed To Stop

By Becky Loggia
 February 17, 2018 at 9:14am

“I’m going to be a professional school shooter.” These were the words written by 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz months before he opened fire in a Parkland, Florida high school Wednesday.

Grieving family and friends are now reeling in the aftermath of the tragedy as reports state the FBI was aware of Cruz’s erratic and hostile behavior before it truly surfaced.

Last fall, YouTube vlogger Ben Bennight, 36, noticed the alarming declaration from Cruz had been left on one of his videos and sought out FBI officials, taking a screenshot of the comment before removing it from the video entirely.

<..snip..>

https://www.westernjournal.com/list-attackers-fbi-warned-still-failed-stop/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Thank you for posting this; it's a good review.  I'm sure all of these agents weren't just terrible at their jobs.  I'd like to hear what they would say they should have done differently or additionally.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Applewood

The FBI needs a complete overhaul.  The agency hasn't been the same since Hoover.  Yeah, I know Hoover was...well...unusual and he was not above using his agency against those he didn't like.  But he did run a tight ship.  If Hoover was around, the warnings about this punk would not have been ignored.

Offline LauraTXNM

The FBI needs a complete overhaul.  The agency hasn't been the same since Hoover.  Yeah, I know Hoover was...well...unusual and he was not above using his agency against those he didn't like.  But he did run a tight ship.  If Hoover was around, the warnings about this punk would not have been ignored.

Someone else just mentioned expanding the Federal Marshals instead.  I wonder if that would be better.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online mountaineer

It’s time to believe tipsters when they warn us about maniacs
By Michael Goodwin
February 17, 2018 | 10:09pm
The conversation eight years ago was with a man I didn’t know and haven’t seen since. Yet at times like these, I remember what he said as if it were yesterday.

The man is Avi Dichter, a member of the Israeli Knesset and former head of Shin Bet, Israel’s version of the FBI. We were seated beside each other at a dinner in Tel Aviv, and the talk turned to security, especially at airports.

“The problem with you Americans,” I recall Dichter saying, “is that you worry about what people are carrying in their luggage. In Israel, we worry about who the people are.”

Bingo. “Who the people are” is the essence of Israeli security — and what is missing from America’s.

The slaughter in a South Florida school last week is the latest example of how our approach is failing and leading to senseless deaths.  ...

Until America is ready to focus on “who the people are” and take preventive measures against a relative handful of individuals known to be dangerous, nothing will change except the carnage will continue to grow.

For example, President Trump should reverse himself and reinstate an executive order President Barack Obama signed late in his tenure. It added 75,000 people who receive disability benefits because of mental handicaps to the federal background check database, meaning they probably could not legally buy a gun.

Due process concerns are valid, but they should be resolved through an adjudication system on a case-by-case basis, not by a wholesale neglect of public safety.   ...
More at NY POST

Goodwin makes some good points, but what about crazy people who don't receive disability benefits because of mental handicaps or otherwise appear on any official list of the mentally ill? The notion of the federal government having some sort of list, let alone how it might decide to define mental illness, is troublesome enough to me. It smacks of the Soviets.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LauraTXNM

It’s time to believe tipsters when they warn us about maniacs
By Michael Goodwin
February 17, 2018 | 10:09pmMore at NY POST

Goodwin makes some good points, but what about crazy people who don't receive disability benefits because of mental handicaps or otherwise appear on any official list of the mentally ill? The notion of the federal government having some sort of list, let alone how it might decide to define mental illness, is troublesome enough to me. It smacks of the Soviets.

I think you're right, that THIS is where the devil is in the details.  We want to encourage people to get treatment for mental health problems.  Should certain types of medications trigger a warning?  Do we have to rely on contacts with police to trigger it? 

The mother of this latest shooter declined to press charges for "elder abuse" which would have put him in the system.  I've been there; I know it's hard to turn in your own family member. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You could chalk this up to just another big blog false-news nothingburger rumor, phishing, or it could be substance that is being ignored once again.

FBI Ignores Terror Attack Threat on Upcoming Florida Music Festival

When a mother found possible evidence on Twitter of a terror attack at the upcoming Strawberry Music Festival in Florida, she contacted the FBI to alert federal agents.

But the FBI — who has been excoriated for ignoring multiple public tips on the deadly Florida school shooter — dismissed her, saying they didn’t need her help or information. In fact, the FBI agent in the Tampa field office would not take any evidence from the woman or even her contact information.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:06:55 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775