Author Topic: Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying on Americans?  (Read 288 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying on Americans?
« on: February 17, 2018, 04:13:13 pm »

Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying on Americans?
Thomas J. Farnan
2/17/2018 12:01:00 AM - Thomas J. Farnan

Under the Constitution, there are three branches of government.  The FBI is not one of them.  Instead, the FBI was created to assist the president in his job to enforce laws.  Members of the FBI are called “agents” because of their agency relationship with the president.

During World War II and then the Red Scare, the FBI's mission expanded to gather intelligence against spies.  Here, too, the FBI was assisting the Commander in Chief.  Even the word “intelligence” connotes this fact.  The purpose was to help the president act intelligently against domestic threats.

The FBI’s domestic intelligence gathering function caused understandable discomfort on the left.  In 1970s apocrypha, President Nixon couldn’t wait to get the goods on undesirables like the Smothers Brothers.  Or so we were told by the Smothers Brothers, back when the FBI's mission creep cast it as the Gestapo.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/thomasjfarnan/2018/02/17/where-is-the-democratic-outrage-over-spying-on-americans-n2450480
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Where Is the Democratic Outrage Over Spying on Americans?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 04:51:41 pm »
Apparently, too many Democrats and enough Republicans think spying on Americans is no big deal.

And too many Americans still fall back upon such fatuous nonsense as, "Well, if you haven't done anything wrong, blah-blah, woof-woof . . . "

I'm never entirely certain which is the more grave condition---the political class who think it's no big deal for the State to spy on her subjects,
or the subjects who think it's no big deal that the State can and does compromise their freedom.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 04:58:16 pm »
Apparently, too many Democrats and enough Republicans think spying on Americans is no big deal.

And too many Americans still fall back upon such fatuous nonsense as, "Well, if you haven't done anything wrong, blah-blah, woof-woof . . . "

I'm never entirely certain which is the more grave condition---the political class who think it's no big deal for the State to spy on her subjects,
or the subjects who think it's no big deal that the State can and does compromise their freedom.

@EasyAce

Would you consider saying something about anything other than baseball with which I can argue?  This is getting boring.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 05:07:40 pm »
@EasyAce

Would you consider saying something about anything other than baseball with which I can argue?  This is getting boring.
@Bigun
I have to keep reminding myself that near-constant agreement isn't always exciting or sexy.  :amen:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.