Author Topic: Congressional Democrats tell Holder "No" on the Assault Weapons Ban  (Read 382 times)

Offline mrclose

Just a refresher. :shrug:

Led by Arkansas Congressman, Mike Ross, sixty-five pro-gun Democrats--including Oregon's inestimable Pete DeFazio--signed an open letter to Attorney General Eric Holder opposing any effort to renew the so-called Assault Weapons Ban. 65 Congressmen represents a significant portion of Democratic house majority; enough to show clearly the assault weapons ban (AWB) is dead in the current Congress.

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, respectively the Democratic leaders of the House and Senate, have already gone on record publicly opposing any new AWB. It is my sincere hope that the perennial anti-gun legislators will recognize the futility of bringing forward any new legislation to ban any currently legal class of firearm, thus avoiding political theater that could only damage Democrats despite the hard work by so many Democratic Congressmen.

http://bluesteeldemocrats.blogspot.com/2009/03/65-congressional-democrats-tell-holder.html

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline dfwgator

Re: Congressional Democrats tell Holder "No" on the Assault Weapons Ban
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 11:03:04 pm »
This needs to get out, and expose the Rats as nothing more than cynical opportunists.

Offline libertybele

Re: Congressional Democrats tell Holder "No" on the Assault Weapons Ban
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 12:54:31 am »
That was 9 years ago; lots of politicians and people in general change their minds especially when tragedy hits.  I hope I'm wrong, but this tragedy isn't going to go away anytime soon and I think we're going to have a fight on our hands trying to protect our 2nd amendment rights.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.