Author Topic: Sheriff didn't pursue sex case against Texas church gunman  (Read 371 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sheriff didn't pursue sex case against Texas church gunman
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:57:53 pm »
Sheriff didn't pursue sex case against Texas church gunman
HOUSTON –

Sheriff's deputies didn't pursue a sexual assault investigation against the gunman in a mass shooting at a Texas church, even though the woman reporting it signed a complaint detailing the alleged attack, according to records released Friday.

The records also contradict the reason previously given by authorities for why the case stalled against Devin Patrick Kelley, four years before the November 2017 massacre at a tiny church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

Had Kelley been prosecuted for sexual assault, a conviction could have stopped a trail of violent allegations that culminated in the shooting.

Continued at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/sheriff-didnt-pursue-sex-case-against-texas-church-gunman.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Sheriff didn't pursue sex case against Texas church gunman
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:58:50 pm »
This fellow, coincidentally is in the news again. And my observation, is that perhaps we are going to find out that both Kelley and Cruz, should not have been in possession of the firepower they had to carry out these dubious acts.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 01:40:40 am »
This fellow, coincidentally is in the news again. And my observation, is that perhaps we are going to find out that both Kelley and Cruz, should not have been in possession of the firepower they had to carry out these dubious acts.

It was well known a few days after the Sutherland Springs shooting that Kelley should not have been able to buy firearms but the military dropped the ball and didn't get him in the database.

If the police who were called to Cruz's house 39 times would have investigated him, he could have been charged and prosecuted. If the FBI were competent, he would have been stopped.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 02:14:57 am »
It was well known a few days after the Sutherland Springs shooting that Kelley should not have been able to buy firearms but the military dropped the ball and didn't get him in the database.

If the police who were called to Cruz's house 39 times would have investigated him, he could have been charged and prosecuted. If the FBI were competent, he would have been stopped.

It should jump out at us, that our LE and Judiciary entities, are letting the taxpayers down.

We want to be safe, but the judiciary often releases bad guys, early. Things fail to show up on records, or flat get overlooked/missed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 02:16:52 am »
@corbe, did you see this one?

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 03:12:33 am »
   Yea I read that earlier @Sanguine The new Sheriff appears to be protecting the old Sheriff who screwed up.  They have their hands full with all the meth out that way but it's no excuse to have let this MF slip through their fingers, sheer incompetence on their part and now the cover-up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 03:19:56 am »
   Yea I read that earlier @Sanguine The new Sheriff appears to be protecting the old Sheriff who screwed up.  They have their hands full with all the meth out that way but it's no excuse to have let this MF slip through their fingers, sheer incompetence on their part and now the cover-up.

That's what it looked like to me.  I grew up in Hayes, so I understand how this can work.