Author Topic: Quick thinking Junior ROTC bravely covered almost 70 students with bulletproof Kevlar sheets during  (Read 206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Quick thinking Junior ROTC bravely covered almost 70 students with bulletproof Kevlar sheets during the deadly Florida school shooting

After hearing seven shots Colton Haab, 17, ushered pupils into a training room
    He covered his fellow pupils with Kevlar sheet to hide them from the gunman
    Haab was ready to attack the gunman should he enter the room, but he never did

By Charlie Bayliss For Mailonline

Published: 06:38 EST, 16 February 2018 | Updated: 10:19 EST, 16 February 2018

A 17-year-old Florida high school student has retold his heroic actions after covering as many as 70 fellow pupils with Kevlar sheets during Wednesday's shooting.

After hearing seven shots, Colton Haab used his Reserve Officers' Training Corps skills, a program to train college students to become officers in the U.S. armed forces, to ensure the loss of life stayed at a minimum.

When he had managed to get the students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School into a Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps  (JROTC) room, he realized the Kevlar sheets used in the marksmanship program could be put to good use.

Recalling the fateful event, Haab said his first thoughts were: 'Where is my brother? What's going on and how do I get as many people as safe as possible as quickly as possible?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5399439/Student-covered-pupils-Kevlar-Florida-attack.html#ixzz57JEXtnyh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Even though a lot of kids in the ROTC program (in my experience) were very narcissistic, all high and mighty, we can't deny the program has a lot of merit!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw