Author Topic: Russian Investigation Offers a Ludicrous Indictment  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

Russian Investigation Offers a Ludicrous Indictment
« on: February 17, 2018, 02:01:13 pm »
February 17, 2018
Russian Investigation Offers a Ludicrous Indictment
By E. Jeffrey Ludwig

The malicious but ludicrous Russian collusion investigation is now winding down. The Democrats and the Justice Department are trying to exit with face-saving grace despite colossal failure to prove their assertion against Trump and his team, which assertion was in fact bogus from the beginning.  Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced with tepid fanfare that thirteen Russians are being indicted for attempting to interfere with the U.S. presidential election. It was a ho-hum moment intended to suggest that the magnificent obsession of the left with election meddling has somehow born fruit.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/russian_investigation_offers_a_ludicrous_indictment.html#ixzz57NFIvb5d

Offline Concerned

Re: Russian Investigation Offers a Ludicrous Indictment
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 02:40:08 pm »
Russian illegally meddled in our election.  Anyone who’s actually read this indictment knows there’s ample evidence of that.  I’m sure most patriotic Americans, but especially those who claim to value law and order, are happy about these indictments because they’d want to hold accountable anybody who broke the law in trying to interfere with US elections and conspiring to defraud the United States of America. 

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 02:43:54 pm »
Russian illegally meddled in our election.  Anyone who’s actually read this indictment knows there’s ample evidence of that.  I’m sure most patriotic Americans, but especially those who claim to value law and order, are happy about these indictments because they’d want to hold accountable anybody who broke the law in trying to interfere with US elections and conspiring to defraud the United States of America. 

Indeed!  I look forward to the indictments of George Soros and the Iranian Mullahs as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 02:47:55 pm »

Isn't this what Obama was doing in elections across the middle east?

I still don't understand what law these Russians broke.  They blogged?   blogging while Russian?  Blogging for Trump (and against him)?   blogging while sober (rare for russians)?

Of course Russians are messing with our elections.   Of course we are messing with theirs.    This makes us look pathetic.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 02:47:58 pm »
Indeed!  I look forward to the indictments of George Soros and the Iranian Mullahs as well!

Can we throw in BJ Clinton's indictment for the interference in the Israeli election in 1999 and Obama's interference in the Brexit vote?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:48:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 02:49:04 pm »
Can we throw in BJ Clinton's indictment for the interference in the Israeli election in 1999 and Obama's interference in the Brexit vote?

What happened to the good old days, when the US simply overthrew elected leaders they didn't like, like Mossadeq in Iran?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 02:57:05 pm »
Isn't this what Obama was doing in elections across the middle east?

I still don't understand what law these Russians broke.  They blogged?   blogging while Russian?  Blogging for Trump (and against him)?   blogging while sober (rare for russians)?

Of course Russians are messing with our elections.   Of course we are messing with theirs.    This makes us look pathetic.

Lots and lots of details are included in the indictment including:

U.S. law bans foreign nationals from making certain expenditures or financial disbursements for the purpose of influencing federal elections. U.S. law also bars agents of any foreign entity from engaging in political activities within the United States without first registering with the Attorney General. And U.S. law requires certain foreign nationals seeking entry to the United States to obtain a visa by providing truthful and accurate information to the government.

In addition the indictment notes that these 13 are charged with conspiracy to defraud the US, destruction of evidence, Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud and Bank Fraud, and Aggravated Identity Theft.  Lots of detailed info is in this relatively short (37 page) indictment.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »
What happened to the good old days, when the US simply overthrew elected leaders they didn't like, like Mossadeq in Iran?

The US did no such thing!  However we might have lent some aid to the Iranians who did.  And we should do the exact same for those Iranians seeking to overthrow the damned Mullah regime in place there now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 03:09:56 pm »
Whatever these Russians did, did not impact ONE SINGLE VOTE in the election.