Author Topic: BREAKING>>Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 2967 times)

Offline anubias

Re: BREAKING>>Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 07:17:46 pm »
1. No American knowingly participated
2. Did not affect election

Could the Special Council exonerate the President and his staff?

Lots of articles out there calling for Mueller’s removal and his head.  Maybe he’s finally going to leave with the pretense that he actually did something other than harass the Trump campaign by indicting some Russians?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 07:18:26 pm »
Meanwhile he ignores documented payments from Hillary to Russians for the Dossier that started all this garbage.

Yes, that's the real issue, dammit.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 07:22:26 pm »
The Mueller special counsel investigation is the very definition of government fraud, waste and abuse of taxpayer money.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 07:26:10 pm »
The Mueller special counsel investigation is the very definition of government fraud, waste and abuse of taxpayer money.

Yep!  As is Rod Rosenstein's salary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 07:26:20 pm »
Indictment alleges Russians tried to suppress minority vote in 2016
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/374250-russians-allegedly-used-social-media-to-try-and-suppress-minority

This "finding" could have been written 18 months ago, by Clinton's campaign and by the DNC (same thing).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 07:29:57 pm »
I'm not clear what is illegal about this.  If I write on my FB page: "you democrats don't need to vote" is that illegal?  If I take out an ad saying the same thing, is that illegal?

Fine, I'll go read the article and see if it helps.

Ah, slightly more enlightening:  "The indictment alleges that the Russians created false U.S. personas and stole the identities of real U.S. people in order to interfere with the 2016 presidential election."

It will be interesting to see what crimes they are actually charged with.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:32:14 pm by Sanguine »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2018, 07:31:35 pm »
@Bigun
@INVAR

Looks like a “witch hunt” has actually found some “witches”.  Good.

:thumbsup:

Uh, this could be a big problem for Trump. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 07:33:56 pm »
@Bigun
@INVAR

Yeah! Right!  Now hes going to have to find something else to occupy his time!   :rolling: :rolling:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2018, 07:35:31 pm »
@Bigun
@INVAR

I don't see how.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2018, 07:39:18 pm »
In other news, 1/2 of the Twitter and TOS memberships dropped by half, due to the Russian indictments....

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2018, 07:40:33 pm »
In other news, 1/2 of the Twitter and TOS memberships dropped by half, due to the Russian indictments....

LOL!   888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2018, 07:40:38 pm »
The indictment says that the defendants allegedly, by early to mid 2016, were "supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ... and disparaging Hillary Clinton."
I wasn't a Trump supporter in early or mid-2016, but I certainly was disparaging Hillary Clinton. May as well pack my toothbrush, I'm headed for the Graybar Hotel!  :jail:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2018, 07:41:51 pm »
I wasn't a Trump supporter in early or mid-2016, but I certainly was disparaging Hillary Clinton. May as well pack my toothbrush, I'm headed for the Graybar Hotel!  :jail:

If that's a crime, you will have LOTS of company!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2018, 07:46:22 pm »

The real obvious one over at TOS were those saying how Putin would be the savior of Europe, driving out the Muslim influence.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »
I don't see how.

I’ll tell you how. At the very moment this interference was happening, Donald Trump had Russian dressing while reading Dostoevsky. Clearly you can see how Trump’s guilty of collusion and planning the death of Western civilization, can’t you?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 07:49:55 pm »
Some tweets on the subject:
Funkytown   @hotfunkytown
10m10 minutes ago

THIS Is the conspiracy? 13 guys buying advertisements?  No connection to ANY American. They held a paid rally for and against Trump in New York on the same day. AND the kicker. There is NO evidence that it had any effect on the election.

I think this is what's called ....................CYA..........................after a 1+ year investigation, spending millions of dollars and ZERO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION (which isn't a crime in the first place!)

From #Mueller indictment, 2 of the Russians were able to enter U.S. on travel visas which they received after applying for them through the State Dept in 2014. From June 4, 2014 - June 26, 2014 they traveled around the US. Who was head of the FBI & State Dept at this time again?

Andrew Marcus  @ImAndrewMarcus
13m13 minutes ago

Does this paragraph in today’s #mueller indictment mean Black Lives Matter colluded with the Russians to interfere with our elections? #BLM

First Words  @unscriptedmike
16m16 minutes ago

So let me get this straight.  #Mueller and Rosenstein had the FBI chasing down 13 Russians, who had zero impact on the election.  Meanwhile, the FBI was ignoring tips, one from last month, on a man named Nikolas Cruz, who was threatening a school shooting.  Do I have it right?

MARK SIMONE  Verified account @MarkSimoneNY
37m37 minutes ago

Robert Mueller has finally justified the millions he's spent. He's arrested 13 people for having fake Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts and being partisan. Who knew that this type of horrific crime was going on in America!  #MuellerTime #mueller
:pondering:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:50:18 pm by mountaineer »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
Here's someone who caught on last year to what the Russkies were doing:
Who the hell is @RVAwonk and how is she cracking the Kremlin's code?
By Sandy Garossino in Opinion, US News, Politics
December 28th 2017

... It was also the year that turned the scholar Caroline Orr into a social media sensation and must-follow for anyone hooked on U.S. Special Counsel Bob Mueller investigation into Russia and the Trump campaign. Better known to her hundreds of thousands of followers as @RVAwonk, Orr has emerged as one of the most incisive and compelling observers on Trump, Russia, and the propaganda wars now consuming world attention.

A social sciences scholar studying human interactions on the Internet, Orr watched the cyber-war continue unabated in real time. Her Twitter feed plays an invaluable role in decoding the cyber-mysteries of Trump and Russia for the amateur sleuth and average reader alike.  ...

Orr: I stayed up oftentimes into the early morning hours, and started to notice at 2, 3 and 4 a.m., patterns of Twitter activity that were just weird.

I had a baseline understanding of what normal activity looked like, what automated or bot activity looks like, and what heavy traffic looks like. Hashtags appearing out of nowhere at three in the morning are not normal unless there’s breaking news.

One of the first ones that I really dug into was the hashtag #MediaLiesAgain, which just popped up out of nowhere and all of a sudden had thousands of tweets associated with it. I ran some basic analytics just to see what the activity looked like over time, and who were the top people tweeting about it.

The activity pattern was very abnormal. Beyond the time factor of being 3 a.m., these tweets were being pushed in waves. You’d see these big spikes in activity where a bunch of tweets will come out all at once and then it drops back off.  ...

Many of these accounts had just been created and had 10 or 15 followers. They were not American accounts — most of their networks and most of their own tweets were in Cyrillic. This was not just a random occurrence, this was something happening.

The same thing would happen when a large news story dropped about the Trump administration or the Russia investigation. That pattern has continued for the better part of a year now.   ...
FULL STORY at National Observer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2018, 07:58:43 pm »
I’ll tell you how. At the very moment this interference was happening, Donald Trump had Russian dressing while reading Dostoevsky. Clearly you can see how Trump’s guilty of collusion and planning the death of Western civilization, can’t you?

D'oh.  How could I have been so blind?   I need to step up my game. :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2018, 07:59:15 pm »
They are going to call a Press Conference to announce that people were posting stuff on the Internet.

"There were posts on Facebook that weren't true and tweets that ridiculed Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz" .

The funny thing is that Americans were getting paid to go after Trump online and at events. This is crazy.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 08:00:34 pm »

LOL  :rolling:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 08:02:54 pm »

This twitter thread by Chris Sampson offers some explanation of the indictment. Here's part of what it says:
Chris Sampson
‏ @TAPSTRIMEDIA
2h2 hours ago

According to the indictment, the IRA were funded by Yevgeniy Prigozhin (aka Putin's chef) through his companies, Concord Management and Consulting and Concord Catering to pay the defendants for operation. Defendants created false U.S. personas, operated social media pages and groups designed to attract U.S. audiences along divisive U.S. political and social issues. Defendants used "stolen identities of real U.S. persons."

Some of the defendants traveled to the US "under false pretenses for the purpose of collecting intelligence", "used computer infrastructure, based partly in the" US "to hide the Russian origin of their activities" to avoid detection by U.S. regulators and law enforcement. ...

The intelligence gathering began in 2014 with KRYLOVA and BOGACHEVA planning travel, equip purchases (cameras, SIM cards, drop phones) and 'evacuation scenarios', for defendants who traveled to the US. KRYLOVA/BOGACHEVA/R.BOVDA sought visas. R. Bovda was denied.

KRYLOVA/BOGACHEVA traveled to US in June 2014 - Nevada, California, N Mexico, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana, Texas and New York to gather intel. They submitted intel report on trip. POLOZOV traveled US Atlanta in Nov 2014.

Appearing as US persons, defendants contacted US groups including grassroots groups.*** Ex: June 2016 contact with Texas org, real US person told RU defendants to focus on "purple states like Colorado, Virginia and Florida". Defendants updated their directives   ...
As I quoted in a post above, who the heck was president/Secretary of State in 2014?
***My question - "grassroots groups" as in those funded by Soros, e.g., BLM, Occupy Wall St., etc.?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »
Sometime ago, I read the grandtotal of Facebook ads was around $200,000.

Maybe this long, detailed FBI/DOJ "investigation" would state the money amounts involved, as a metric for HOW BIG IT WAS, OR WAS NOT

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2018, 08:09:26 pm »
1. No American knowingly participated
2. Did not affect election

What a waste of time, money and agita.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2018, 08:18:13 pm »

NOW ask yourself, "Why do people hate lawyers?"

Rosenstein is Mueller's boss. Who decides this is finished?

I can assure you that all across America there are thousands of lawyers, with far more on the ball, than these government hack types.

I think my own City Attorney is head and shoulders better than Rosey Rosenstein, or Crooked Comey.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2018, 08:24:58 pm »
I don't see how.

It could turn out to be like when an innocent man (Trump) gets convicted by the false testimony of a jailhouse snitch (a Russian meddler, in this case) who is led to believe he will get favorable treatment for helping to convict the prosecutor's bigger target (Trump).

These witch hunts by corrupt prosecutors sometimes turn out to be frame jobs, I think.