Author Topic: Eleven lawmakers have used campaign funds to pay NRA dues: report  (Read 521 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eleven lawmakers have used campaign funds to pay NRA dues: report
By Brandon Carter - 02/16/18 11:44 AM EST

Eleven sitting lawmakers have used campaign funds to pay membership dues to the National Rifle Association (NRA).

McClatchy reports two current senators and nine current House members have used campaign funds to pay dues to the NRA and associated entities since 2004. The amounts range from $25 to $1,500, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) data.

Campaigns for Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) have both spent at least $1,000 on NRA dues. Gohmert’s campaign paid the organization $1,500 in 2016, while Blunt’s campaign spent $1,000 on dues in 2010.

A spokesman for Blunt told McClatchy that the senator was a lifetime member of the NRA, but didn’t say if the 2010 payment was related to his membership.

One Democratic lawmaker, Rep. Gene Green (Texas) has also used campaign funds on NRA dues, paying the group $300 in 2011.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/374214-eleven-lawmakers-have-used-campaign-funds-to-pay-nra-dues-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Eleven lawmakers have used campaign funds to pay NRA dues: report
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:41:42 pm »
So?  is this illegal?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:53 pm »
So?  is this illegal?

Not if they're only NRA members because they're in office ;).  According to the article, the "irrespective test" pays for memberships in job-related organizations (?).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:10:00 am »
If this is legal, the only beef I have with it is they didn't send the money to real 2nd Amendment groups like GOA, JPOFA, and RKBA instead of the NRA.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com