Author Topic: Trump says he is 'working with Congress' in response to Florida school shooting  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Suppressed

The most recent issue he's backpedaled on is amnesty.  Look, enough of the generalizations of people.  For the record I personally want to see Trump succeed as it's in this country's best interest.  Granting amnesty/pathway to citizenship is NOT in the best interest of this country, nor the American people!

@libertybele

That's the problem with electing someone who has no ideological foundation.  Anchoring to shifting sands isn't a sound way to build.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@libertybele

That's the problem with electing someone who has no ideological foundation.  Anchoring to shifting sands isn't a sound way to build.

That sounds almost Biblical, @Suppressed!   :laugh:

Offline Suppressed

That sounds almost Biblical, @Suppressed!   :laugh:

@Sanguine

Ha!
Didn't mean to pinch a line!

And I don't mean to offend any geotechnical engineers who would tell me it's perfectly fine, as long as you design it properly!   ^-^
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@libertybele

You do not know that.  I used to say that also but I grew up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The most recent issue he's backpedaled on is amnesty.  Look, enough of the generalizations of people.  For the record I personally want to see Trump succeed as it's in this country's best interest.  Granting amnesty/pathway to citizenship is NOT in the best interest of this country, nor the American people!

I can't pretend to know what he had in mind with that bill.  Obviously, he knew it wouldn't pass.  I think he was catfishing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

I can't pretend to know what he had in mind with that bill.  Obviously, he knew it wouldn't pass.  I think he was catfishing.

??? Regardless if he was 'catfishing' or not, he publicly made the offer to grant DACA recipients a pathway to citizenship/amnesty.  He campaigned on NO amnesty.  It doesn't matter what he had in mind; the statements were made.  He backpedaled.  No excuses.  No assumptions.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

Is there any way you can keep your nasty thoughts to yourself?

You don't.  Why should she?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@Sanguine implement "sensible gun laws" of course.  **nononono*

Trump was a lot of things in this young 21st Century.  He was a registered Democrat and mostly identified as such, now he's a Republican.  He used to be very pro-choice, now he's pro-life.  He was going to make all DACA kids leave, now they don't have to worry.  He was once for longer waiting periods and the assault weapons ban, now he's not.  He's a regular box of chocolates.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Trump was a lot of things in this young 21st Century.  He was a registered Democrat and mostly identified as such, now he's a Republican.  He used to be very pro-choice, now he's pro-life.  He was going to make all DACA kids leave, now they don't have to worry.  He was once for longer waiting periods and the assault weapons ban, now he's not.  He's a regular box of chocolates.

...yeppers ... you never know what you're going to get!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Nothing where any kind of new regulations regarding guns is concerned that's for sure.  The guns aren't the problem.  It has to do more with society and the culture and some of the violence that gets glorified and glamorized today.

Bingo.  Violence is entertainment.  In the movies.  In the video games.  Glorified shoot em ups.

No gun law is going to stop a shooting.  If a demented demonic person wants to kill they will figure it out.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.