Author Topic: Trump’s Stormy Daniels problem gets worse  (Read 1252 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump’s Stormy Daniels problem gets worse
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:27 pm »
Right. Neither would his shooting someone on 5thAvenue dissuade his fan club.

Then I guess it can be said he told the truth about that... :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:44 pm »
@Concerned
My whole argument against Trump was his poor character.   Didn't work, he won.

Now what?   Sit and spin for 4 years?   Or try to get some good things done.

whats your suggestion?

I can only speak for myself, but I'm going to continue to strive for consistency and a lack of hypocrisy.  I criticize reckless spending whether it's done by my party or not.  I criticize a lack of character whether it's done by a member of my party or not.   Although I wish everyone else would be equally consistent and strive for an equal lack of hypocrisy, I'm afraid many aren't even aware of their hypocrisy (or if they are, they are so blinded by their partisanship, they just don't care).  JMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2018, 06:44:48 pm »
I think we've beaten this one to death.  You're gonna go with what you're gonna go with, and I'm still on the fence.  Which is a very unusual and uncomfortable spot for me to be in.

It seems you and I spend an awful lot of time together on that fence.  People are going to start to talk....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2018, 06:55:09 pm »
Right. Neither would his shooting someone on 5thAvenue dissuade his fan club.

Silly us – we did not realize that was a euphemism.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 06:56:04 pm »
@Concerned
My whole argument against Trump was his poor character.   Didn't work, he won.

Now what?   Sit and spin for 4 years?   Or try to get some good things done.

whats your suggestion?

Now you're talking!

Try to get good things done, but with the understanding of what we have to work with. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2018, 06:57:10 pm »
It seems you and I spend an awful lot of time together on that fence.  People are going to start to talk....

:silly:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2018, 06:57:32 pm »

Hopefully its not a sharp pointy fence.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 07:03:06 pm »
No @AbaraXas   The "other woman" is one who causes a marriage to break up.  Marla Maples was the "other woman" in Trump's first marriage.  She caused the marriage with Ivana to break apart.

The Donald was separated from Marla for more than a year --- and already dating --- before he first met Melania in the fall of 1998. 

Melania, who didn't even know the Donald at the time, had nothing to do with the Marla/Donald breakup.

And you know this.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yes. According to most accounts, he was legally separated from Marla when he and Melania started dating, though he started seeing, "dating" other women prior to their separation.  But I would point out that by his and Melania's own accounts, he was dating another woman when they met at some party and when his date went to use the ladies' room, he took the opportunity of her temporary absence to hit on Melania, asked for her phone number. Melania perhaps not knowing who he was, refused but he gave her his private phone number. That's not a crime, but is more than a bit seemly. 

But surprise, surprise, Melania called him a few days later.

Probably after realizing who he was and how wealthy and influential he was, how me might help her career and she moved in with him at Trump Tower as #1 girlfriend very shortly afterward.

(And yes, I'm just that cynical).

And not to mention Melania's rather raunchy British GQ pictorial that Trump lobbied for on her behalf but also arranged and even arranged to have the pictures taken on his private jet.

Neither Marla or Melania are likely to have truly believed that Trump was the paragon of faithfulness or marital fidelity given his history.

Both Ivana and Marla got a raw deal on their pre-numps. Perhaps Melania wasn't so stupid.

I've said this before and I will say it again, I don't doubt that this marriage will end before he leaves the WH or shortly thereafter. 
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2018, 07:26:16 pm »

Picket injuries are a pain in the ass. Jussayin.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 07:27:53 pm »
Picket injuries are a pain in the ass. Jussayin.

I'm not the picket fence type.  I've got barbwire.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 07:32:06 pm »
Then I guess it can be said he told the truth about that... :pondering:

Apparently he did.

But we are also to believe (according to his apologists) that he wasn’t telling the truth when he bragged about sexually assaulting women.

One must be into moral gymnastics in order to continue defending and supporting this dissolute fellow.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 07:40:59 pm »
Now you're talking!

Try to get good things done, but with the understanding of what we have to work with.

I’m not sure that maintaining a consistent moral position can be described as “sitting and spinning.”

It’s not as simple as some desire it to be.

For me the best choice to make if one loves this once great Republic is to continue to be discontented with the despicable choice Americans made in both candidates in 2016.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:42:05 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2018, 07:41:53 pm »
I'm not the picket fence type.  I've got barbwire.

It's little wonder we find it an uncomfortable place to be, even if we are there side-by-side.   :nometalk:
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2018, 07:45:08 pm »
I’m not sure that maintaining a consistent moral position can be described as “sitting and spinning.”

It’s not as simple as some desire it to be.

For me the best choice to make if one loves this once great Republic is to continue to be discontented with the despicable choice Americans made in both candidates in 2016.

I am very much discontented with the choices we faced.  We had this obviously amoral scalawag on the one hand, and a woman we have known for a fact is a cold-blooded murderer (complete with a trail of dead bodies) on the other.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2018, 08:05:08 pm »
I am very much discontented with the choices we faced.  We had this obviously amoral scalawag on the one hand, and a woman we have known for a fact is a cold-blooded murderer (complete with a trail of dead bodies) on the other.

That is how I felt about it .
We couldn't get a "mulligan" and try again, could we?
Seems we all agree that "at least it's not Hillary", but that's setting the bar pretty low.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2018, 08:07:09 pm »
This is why I didn't vote for the WWE Hall of Famer. I'd be happy if he resigned and we got Pence.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DB

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2018, 08:15:51 pm »
All the women in his life have been trophies. When the shine starts to tarnish he moves on to a newer shinier one.

He's never known real love. Real commitment. Real sacrifice. His money couldn't buy those.