Author Topic: Senate Dems block crackdown on sanctuary cities  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Dems block crackdown on sanctuary cities
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:43:49 pm »
Senate Dems block crackdown on sanctuary cities

Senate Democrats blocked a proposal on Thursday that would crack down on cities that don't comply with federal immigration law. 

Senators voted 54-45 on the amendment from GOP Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) that would limit the flow of federal grants to the jurisdictions, commonly referred to as sanctuary cities.

Sixty votes were needed to overcome the procedural hurdle.

Democratic Sens. Joe Donnelly (Ind.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.) and Debbie Stabenow (Mich.) — who are each up for reelection in states won by Trump — supported the measure.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/374078-senate-dems-block-crackdown-on-sanctuary-cities
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Senate Dems block crackdown on sanctuary cities
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:59 pm »

I truly hope that in Nov. 2018 the GOP has an effective LOUD simple, easy to follow statement for how dems put illegal immigrants, before citizen-taxpayers.

Maybe a Twitter size styled phrase. Any thoughts on who does that effectively?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Senate Dems block crackdown on sanctuary cities
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »
I truly hope that in Nov. 2018 the GOP has an effective LOUD simple, easy to follow statement for how dems put illegal immigrants, before citizen-taxpayers.

Maybe a Twitter size styled phrase. Any thoughts on who does that effectively?
I don't know about twitter but maybe an ad stating Democrats for America with all the dems, especially nancynutjob sitting, and then one saying dems for illegals with nutso giving her eight hour diaper ad and all the dems standing.