Author Topic: Florida school shooting suspect linked to white supremacist group: ADL  (Read 488 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The Anti-Defamation League, a civil rights watchdog, told ABC News they have information they believe to be credible linking Nikolas Cruz, the Florida school shooting suspect, to a white supremacist group called Republic of Florida.

The ADL said ROF leader Jordan Jereb told them Cruz was associated with his group. Jereb, who is based in Tallahassee, said Cruz was brought into the group by another member and had participated in one or more ROF training exercises in the Tallahassee area, the ADL said. Law enforcement officials have not confirmed the link.

ROF has mostly young members in north and south Florida and describes itself as a “white civil rights organization fighting for white identitarian politics” and seeks to create a “white ethnostate” in Florida.

Three former schoolmates of Cruz told ABC News that Cruz was part of the group. They claimed he marched with the group frequently and was often seen with Jereb, who also confirmed to ABC News that Cruz was, at least at one point, part of that group.

[excerpted]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-school-shooting-suspect/story?id=53092753

I fail to see a connection here because the ahole murdered people of all backgrounds...but "LOOK!  Squirrel"
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Florida school shooting suspect linked to white supremacist group: ADL
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:20:55 pm »
This from the article too:

In an interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, an attorney for the family that had taken Cruz in for the past few months said Cruz was “depressed” following his mother’s death but he had been going to therapy.

Okay, very sad for any child to lose one of their parents or both but it makes me wonder about the "therapy", could the counselor have identified problems?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:23:51 pm »
WTH, this is all bad news:

1. The Republic of Florida’s Leader Says Nikolas Cruz ‘Used Our Training to Do What He Did Yesterday’

Republic of Florida: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - heavy.com

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:38:32 pm »

Okay, very sad for any child to lose one of their parents or both but it makes me wonder about the "therapy", could the counselor have identified problems?

Florida has a permissive duty to warn law for mental health therapists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 08:40:48 pm »
WTH, this is all bad news:

1. The Republic of Florida’s Leader Says Nikolas Cruz ‘Used Our Training to Do What He Did Yesterday’

Republic of Florida: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - heavy.com

How did the law not know about this?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »
The desperate, breathless, grasping media, reaching and clawing for anything to fit their white supremacist narrative, like the kneejerk Marxists they are.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:47:03 pm »
Then why were most of his victims white?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 10:32:46 pm »
Hmmm...curiouser and curiouser...is someone trolling the media with false information?

A law enforcement official says he knows of “no known ties” between the suspect who confessed to a deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school and a white supremacist group.

Lt. Grady Jordan is a spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff’s Office in Tallahassee, where the white nationalist militia known as the Republic of Florida is based. Jordan said Thursday that his office has arrested militia leader Jordan Jereb at least four times since January 2014 and has been monitoring the group’s membership.

He says his office has “very solid” information on the group and “there’s no known ties that we have that we can connect” 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz with the group.

https://www.apnews.com/892a28db92924e2faa15e7b90a5b843f/The-Latest:-Police-report:-Suspect-confessed-to-shooting
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 10:48:06 pm »

Which drugs were prescribed,  I wonder.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 10:50:18 pm »
Gateway Pundit is reporting NO link to white supremacy group. I can't link from this device.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 10:52:49 pm »
No worry.. If warned, the FBI would have been engaged framing Trump. No time for youthful threats.

This blood belongs on Comey's hands.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 03:14:26 am »
Gateway Pundit is reporting NO link to white supremacy group. I can't link from this device.

@mountaineer
I think "Flopping Aces" is as well reporting what you say.
http://www.floppingaces.net/2018/02/15/nikolas-cruz-was-a-member-of-a-white-supremacist-group-and-other-liberal-lies/

So, will read up; apparently we got some "slanted reporting" but Heavy.com seemed to show him with some of the people of ROF, Republic of Florida.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 03:23:09 am »
https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/republic-of-florida-nikolas-cruz/

Is that Nikolas Cruz in the picture with the flag? It doesn't look like it to me. Maybe the media was pranked about this but if it is a prank, the prankster thought it out pretty well. I won't be tasteless and post the photo but if one can follow links, one can see that picture. This Nikolas Cruz I see, looks like a skinny guy, not a heavyset type as in the picture.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 04:07:00 am »
@Oceander

All mental health therapists are required to inform law enforcement if their patient speaks seriously of harming others or speaks of committing child abuse.  I told every patient about this law before the patient talked to me.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 04:31:52 am »
@Oceander

All mental health therapists are required to inform law enforcement if their patient speaks seriously of harming others or speaks of committing child abuse.  I told every patient about this law before the patient talked to me.

I am guessing you can't prescribe meds?  But do you know if there are rules for reporting meds usage?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.