Author Topic: Chants of 'no more guns' break out at Florida school shooting vigil  (Read 573 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chants of 'no more guns' break out at Florida school shooting vigil
By Brandon Carter - 02/15/18 07:41 PM EST

A chant of “no more guns” broke out at a vigil Thursday night honoring the victims of the deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The vigil, held in Parkland, Fla., was attended by thousands of people, according to reports, including politicians and local officials.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/374154-chants-of-no-more-guns-break-out-at-florida-school-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Chants of 'no more guns' break out at Florida school shooting vigil
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 02:20:17 am »
And the vultures have landed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:25:35 am »
 :facepalm2:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 02:31:00 am »
This is the problem -- my Canadian husband doesn't get this.  We are AMERICANS.  We have rights other countries don't, and we have problems others don't, too.  We need an AMERICAN solution to this.  That doesn't mean taking guns away; it means being SMART about them.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:33:30 am »
A chant of “no more guns” broke out at a vigil Thursday night honoring the victims of the deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.

You often find subliminal messages when you play things backwards. What they're actually asking for is Snuggie Ramen - just a quiet night with Netflix and noodles.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:34:01 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 03:05:17 am »
It doesn't surprise me and most or a lot of kids are idealistic. They are in that phase in life; it might not be correct to us but that's the way it is. Now, if they grew up on the plains? I think you are always going to have a lot of kids thinking this way.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 03:44:36 am »
To me this is reminiscent of how the county has changed in its acceptance of military casualties. We went from about 800k for the CW to 450k for WW2 to about 50k in Vietnam and now to about 7k for the ME since the Gulf war. The public's acceptance of military casualties clearly changed during the Vietnam era lead by the kids at the time and we are seeing the same cultural change happen today.

Like the baby boomers of the 60's growing up with the Vietnam war on the evening news today's kids are growing up with mass shooting spread all over  social and news media outlets and it is going to forever change how they view guns and gun rights just as Vietnam forever changed the generation's perception of the military and military service.

The old farts will continue to believe these mass shooting will not change the public's perception of guns, gun rights  and the 2nd but they are dead wrong. Much sooner than most of us realize it will be simply unacceptable by the majority of America to support the 2nd.... :shrug:

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 03:51:01 am »
To me this is reminiscent of how the county has changed in its acceptance of military casualties. We went from about 800k for the CW to 450k for WW2 to about 50k in Vietnam and now to about 7k for the ME since the Gulf war. The public's acceptance of military casualties clearly changed during the Vietnam era lead by the kids at the time and we are seeing the same cultural change happen today.

Like the baby boomers of the 60's growing up with the Vietnam war on the evening news today's kids are growing up with mass shooting spread all over  social and news media outlets and it is going to forever change how they view guns and gun rights just as Vietnam forever changed the generation's perception of the military and military service.

The old farts will continue to believe these mass shooting will not change the public's perception of guns, gun rights  and the 2nd but they are dead wrong. Much sooner than most of us realize it will be simply unacceptable by the majority of America to support the 2nd.... :shrug:

This is such an interesting post!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 03:55:05 am »

I think the changes in acceptance of military casualties is two-fold.  First, we have televisions bringing it right into our homes, beginning with Vietnam.  Second, we have unclear purposes and goals, beginning with Korea.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 04:07:48 am »

I think the changes in acceptance of military casualties is two-fold.  First, we have televisions bringing it right into our homes, beginning with Vietnam.  Second, we have unclear purposes and goals, beginning with Korea.

I agree with you.  I also remember during the 1st Gulf War the video emphasis on "smart bombs" that would help prevent "unnecessary" deaths/damage.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:09:56 am by LauraTXNM »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 04:43:21 am »

I disagree. A lot of people I ran into today didn't even know this event happened in FL yesterday. People are tuned the hell out of anything that doesn't personally effect them. If you add up all the viewers of the cable news outlets you can barely get to a whole number percentage wise of the US population. Add to that the difficulty in getting anything done in DC much less eliminating an amendment. By this time next month there will be no talk of this event just like the Las Vegas shooting is totally off the radar.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 04:46:21 am »
I disagree. A lot of people I ran into today didn't even know this event happened in FL yesterday. People are tuned the hell out of anything that doesn't personally effect them. If you add up all the viewers of the cable news outlets you can barely get to a whole number percentage wise of the US population. Add to that the difficulty in getting anything done in DC much less eliminating an amendment. By this time next month there will be no talk of this event just like the Las Vegas shooting is totally off the radar.

Ok, in some ways that's the most depressing thing I've heard today.  People are in such a bubble they don't know about national events ;(. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 04:57:29 am »
Ok, in some ways that's the most depressing thing I've heard today.  People are in such a bubble they don't know about national events ;(.

I have a business that forces me to deal directly with the dopes on the street everyday in person. I'm in their homes and involved intimately with a lot of details in their lives. If you came around with me for a day shaking down tenants for rent and dealing with their bullshit you would either kill yourself or develop a drinking problem at what the state of humanity is with a broad swath of our citizenry. These people have no idea what is going on anywhere but their neighbors Fakebook page. Hell, I had to spend 20 minutes telling some Millennial what property taxes were the other day because she just figured all her rent money went into my pocket to spend on Rolls Royces and hookers. All her taxes are hidden in withholding, rent amounts, price of a gallon of gas payed with a credit card swipe. She never sees any of them in person.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 05:11:38 am »
Never let a crisis go to waste.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 05:55:19 am »
Never let a crisis go to waste.

Liberals ... it's what they do.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 07:47:50 am »
Chants of "no more guns" by many people who support the killing of pre-born children.
How about chanting "no more gun free zone schools"