Author Topic: WATCH: Ted Cruz drops amnesty TRUTH BOMBS all over dissenting Fox and Friends host!  (Read 1100 times)

Offline corbe

WATCH: Ted Cruz drops amnesty TRUTH BOMBS all over dissenting Fox and Friends host!

The Right Scoop    Feb. 15, 2018 10:18 am by The Right Scoop

Ted Cruz was on Fox and Friends this morning where he was challenged on his opposition to two immigration bills currently before the Senate that will be voted on later today.

While the Fox and Friends hosts – mainly Brian Kilmeade – suggested that Trump’s immigration pillars which includes a path to citizenship are what’s needed to get something done in the Senate, Cruz was adamant that if Republicans in Congress manage to pass amnesty for people who are here illegally, it will mean very bad things for Republicans in November.

Watch:

VIDEO AT LINK

Ted Cruz argues that the plans before the Senate don’t make any sense because, for whatever reason, Republicans are eager to give citizenship to 1.8 million illegals. Cruz makes clear that this is to the left of even Obama’s radical executive amnesty because it only covered 690k people and didn’t actually provide citizenship. And now Republicans want to nearly triple that number to 1.8 million.

<..snip..>

http://therightscoop.com/watch-ted-cruz-drops-amnesty-truth-bombs-all-over-dissenting-fox-and-friends-host-this-morning/#disqus_thread
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's about time someone explained this to the so called conservatives pushing to have amnesty to the left of what barry did.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's about time someone explained this to the so called conservatives pushing to have amnesty to the left of what barry did.

Preach it, Ted.

And disappointed in Brian because that little worm kept looking so troubled at being confronted by common sense.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
He looks like he's campaigning, let's see, 1,000,000 with a path to citizenship continue to come in per Cruz's view because of chain migration, any dreamer won't be able to vote for 12 years per the bill being offered in congress.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I whole heartily agree.  Amnesty is NOT what Trump promised nor the majority of our GOP congressmen.  Not only will the GOP lose in 2018 but they will lose any chance of regaining the majority in either House in the future.

Ted Cruz predicts Republicans will lose Congress if DACA deal includes amnesty

U.S Sen. Ted Cruz said Republicans will lose the majorities in both the U.S. House and Senate if they support an immigration deal that provides a path to citizenship for so-called Dreamers.

"Mark my words, if Republican majorities in Congress pass citizenship for millions of people -- an amnesty -- I think it is quite likely we will lose both houses of Congress and Speaker Nancy Pelosi will impeach President Trump," Cruz said during an interview on Fox News Channel Thursday morning.

If the immigration plans pass, he said conservative voters will be so upset that they will stay at home and not come out to vote for Republicans while Democratic voters turnout out in big numbers.

Cruz said the immigration reform plans before the Senate now "just don't make any sense."............

https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-predicts-Republicans-will-lose-Congress-12616447.php
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:51:41 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
...Mods please merge with Cruz video...
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
He looks like he's campaigning, let's see, 1,000,000 with a path to citizenship continue to come in per Cruz's view because of chain migration, any dreamer won't be able to vote for 12 years per the bill being offered in congress.

Don't be a moron.  Ted Cruz is speaking truth.  We all know it.

Ted has kept a relatively low profile this year because he is trying not to interfere with Trump. 

This issue is so important, he felt he had to speak out.  If we've even got F&F hosts thinking America want to award so-called Dreamers with citizenship, then somebody is looking at the wrong polls.  I don't think anybody but liberals wants that and liberals do not want it out of any sort of humanitarian  instinct.  It's strictly politics with them.

The worst thing Trump can do now is move to the left of Obama, as Cruz so eloquently pointed out.  He will lose his supporters and possibly even his base if he does this.

I pray that Trump listens to Ted Cruz on this matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Sure they won't.  In CA alone, 13% admitted they vote.  You know it's much more.  Many of these 'kids' are already old enough to vote and have been willing to violate federal law for years. 

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/capoliticalnewsandviews/poll-13-of-illegal-aliens-admit-they-vote/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Good grief...I forgot you are really that naive.   :silly:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is a 'tweet' from Trump back in 2013 - a far cry from his comments about a pathway to citizenship!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Amnesty is suicide for Republicans.Not one of those 12 million who broke our laws will vote Republican.Obama is laughing at @GOP.
12:19 PM - 19 Mar 2013

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is a 'tweet' from Trump back in 2013 - a far cry from his comments about a pathway to citizenship!

Amnesty is suicide for Republicans.Not one of those 12 million who broke our laws will vote Republican.Obama is laughing at @GOP.

Good find.  Hang on to that one.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline endicom

I pray that Trump listens to Ted Cruz on this matter.

Trump can veto but will eventually have to sign something. It's good to see Cruz taking a lead on this because it's up to the Pubs in congress to do the right thing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Trump had the right idea then and I hope he holds onto it.  The fact is that nothing can be done right now because of the slim majorities in the Senate.  But what can be done is put the right ideas forward and stick to them until we're able to get a bigger majority.

Offline edpc

The fact is that nothing can be done right now because of the slim majorities in the Senate.

Something could have been done, but they gave away too much Congressional power in the last budget deal.  Forget reconciliation, now.  With it, you could increase discretionary defense spending, declare the wall national security, and have the Army Corps of Engineers build it.  DACA expires in March.  Fight it out to the Supreme Court and hope Gorsuch was the right pick.  Chain migration would still be in place, but there's no obligation for every applicant to be accepted.  The Executive Branch has authority over Homeland Security and the State Department.  There's your solution until Congress gets the right people in to get legislation passed.  You've got two election cycles to make your case.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump had the right idea then and I hope he holds onto it.  The fact is that nothing can be done right now because of the slim majorities in the Senate.  But what can be done is put the right ideas forward and stick to them until we're able to get a bigger majority.

Unfortunately Trump made public his offer for a pathway to citizenship; thus handing the DEMS a monumental number of new voters. Regardless of what some Trump supporters refuse to remember or acknowledge is that he campaigned on NO amnesty and in fact he accused Ted of wanting amnesty (which was bogus). Those ideas have been put forward long ago. Regardless of a slim majority; IF the GOP stuck to the very principles upon which most campaigned; no amnesty, building a wall, repeal of Bammycare, etc., we wouldn't be seeing the ping-pong game being played. For too long the party has allowed  the likes of McConnell, McCain (though not able to vote now), Collins and Murkowski, etc., to destroy the foundation of the party.   Also, ultimately the signing of any bill is up to Trump. However, he announced a pathway to citizenship ... I fully expect we'll see amnesty granted from the President who proclaimed he was anti-amnesty.

I've been a long time supporter of Ted's and he is absolutely correct; this issue will sink the GOP.  IF indeed the GOP and Trump go along with amnesty, I think we can say good-bye to Ted maintaining his seat and we'll lose TX.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Unfortunately Trump made public his offer for a pathway to citizenship; thus handing the DEMS a monumental number of new voters. Regardless of what some Trump supporters refuse to remember or acknowledge is that he campaigned on NO amnesty and in fact he accused Ted of wanting amnesty (which was bogus). Those ideas have been put forward long ago. Regardless of a slim majority; IF the GOP stuck to the very principles upon which most campaigned; no amnesty, building a wall, repeal of Bammycare, etc., we wouldn't be seeing the ping-pong game being played. For too long the party has allowed  the likes of McConnell, McCain (though not able to vote now), Collins and Murkowski, etc., to destroy the foundation of the party.   Also, ultimately the signing of any bill is up to Trump. However, he announced a pathway to citizenship ... I fully expect we'll see amnesty granted from the President who proclaimed he was anti-amnesty.

I've been a long time supporter of Ted's and he is absolutely correct; this issue will sink the GOP.  IF indeed the GOP and Trump go along with amnesty, I think we can say good-bye to Ted maintaining his seat and we'll lose TX.

Ted will not lose his seat.  Trump needs to listen to him and listen hard.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I think Trump is succumbing to just trying to get something done.   If the GOP supported border security we would have it.   If the GOP supported taking care of illegal immigration, it would be done.

I really hope Trump is trying some kinda bait and switch.   This is not a good plan.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Since 2010 all we've heard from Republicans is "if only".  "We can't stop Obama because we're only 1/2 of 1/3 of the Government...if only we had the senate."

"We can't stop Obama even though we have both houses of Congress...if only we had the Presidency."

Now it's morphed into "Trump can't do anything because we have such slim majorities in Congress...if only we had bigger majorities".

It's time for the lame excuse making as a substitute for action to stop.  No one believes "if only" anymore because the Republican leaders and those that make excuses for them have told us that lie for almost a decade.

It's time for the GOP to stop hiding behind a fig leaf and do what the people sent them there to do.

So what if the first effort fauls...at least those that oppose helping to restore America to the great nation it is wil lbe on record with their opposition instead of having the GOP provide them cover with excuses and inaction.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Since 2010 all we've heard from Republicans is "if only".  "We can't stop Obama because we're only 1/2 of 1/3 of the Government...if only we had the senate."

"We can't stop Obama even though we have both houses of Congress...if only we had the Presidency."

Now it's morphed into "Trump can't do anything because we have such slim majorities in Congress...if only we had bigger majorities".

It's time for the lame excuse making as a substitute for action to stop.  No one believes "if only" anymore because the Republican leaders and those that make excuses for them have told us that lie for almost a decade.

It's time for the GOP to stop hiding behind a fig leaf and do what the people sent them there to do.

So what if the first effort fauls...at least those that oppose helping to restore America to the great nation it is wil lbe on record with their opposition instead of having the GOP provide them cover with excuses and inaction.

If only you didn't know it all and yet know nothing.

Facts are facts.   We both know we cannot count on this slim and weak majority we have.  Our best option is place keeping until we can get more conservatives elected.

Offline edpc

Within a generation, we'll probably see all the border states go blue.  California is way gone. New Mexico is pretty blue, despite the current governor and narrow win by Bush 43 in 2004.  Arizona isn't far behind with people like Flake and McCain considered Republicans.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:43:02 pm by edpc »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ted will not lose his seat.  Trump needs to listen to him and listen hard.

The demographics of TX have been changing because TX is a border state. Once amnesty is granted and we have millions of new DEM voters, I don't see how Ted are any other GOP is going to hold onto their seat.  This notion that the 'new amnesty bill' will end chain migration and won't occur for 12 years is IMHO a smokescreen that will be very short lived and consequently there will be nothing stopping the DEMS once they have their overwhelming number of new voters and recapture the majority.  Nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If only you didn't know it all and yet know nothing.

Facts are facts.   We both know we cannot count on this slim and weak majority we have.  Our best option is place keeping until we can get more conservatives elected.

And you seem to be excessively challenged in the facts department on this.

And excuses for inaction are like @ssholes....you know how the rest of that goes.  And what you are giving is an excuse for inaction.

What you need to come to reality about is that unless we the people push and cajole and do whatever we can do to get these Congress critters off their collective backsides nothing will get done.

All of your pie in the sky hopes for a Conservative majority won't amount to crap unless those we voted for are properly motivated.  As long as they can keep kicking the can down the road...as long as people like you continue with your mamby pamby "if only" BS they aren't going to do a thing and laugh at all of us while they do it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The demographics of TX have been changing because TX is a border state. Once amnesty is granted and we have millions of new DEM voters, I don't see how Ted are any other GOP is going to hold onto their seat.  This notion that the 'new amnesty bill' will end chain migration and won't occur for 12 years is IMHO a smokescreen that will be very short lived and consequently there will be nothing stopping the DEMS once they have their overwhelming number of new voters and recapture the majority.  Nothing.

QFT

Offline edpc

I think you'd agree the weak majority is based less on the number and more on the lack of real conservatives among the 51 Senate members.  The leadership in both houses is particularly an issue.  That only changes if you're willing to stand up and challenge some of these long time troublemakers.  When you leave the Camp David meeting saying, "I'm backing the incumbents," you've ceded the battlefield.