Author Topic: The Solution To Preventing School Shootings Is Easy, And Many Are Not Going To Like It  (Read 682 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Brandon Morse
https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2018/02/15/solution-school-shootings-easy-many-not-going-like/

It’s tough having to write this article again. Not because it’s horrible having to cover a topic under the worst of circumstances, but because in order to suggest this one has to seemingly put his heart down as so many others are breaking in half in order to turn to cold logic. But in this case, cold logic is going to save lives, and keep hearts whole.

You probably already know what I’m going to write, but I’m going to write it anyway. If you want to stop school shootings from occurring, put guns in the school. Hire armed off-duty police or ex-military, and allow them to wander the halls of the school. Should a shooter be stupid enough to wander in and begin attempting to slaughter the innocent, then Darwin will have his day, and one less idiot set on doing evil will exist on this plane.

Or do what other schools have done, and begin training and arming teachers. Argyle ISD in Texas has begun arming its faculty, and there is a training school in Colorado that teaches the teachers how to use a gun and deal with school shooters with deadly force instead of just running and hiding . . .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been saying for years that one sure fire way to prevent school shootings is to let the teachers (and maybe the vice principals, since a lot of principals send the vice p's out into the main school to do the dirty work) pack. Taking a page from Archie Bunker's solution to aircraft hijackings in the early 1970s, I thought, well, pass out the pistols at the front office at the beginning of the day, and turn in the pistols when they go home for the evening. Looks like at least two school districts are getting the hint and going one better than passing out the pistols before the opening bell. And there may be more. ---EA.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:42:23 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

Not a bad idea. Liberals will be horrified of course. It's like when a number of states passed concealed carry laws, and the day after passing, thousands of people in those states were gunned down. Oh, wait...that didn't happen? There was no increase in homicides by the concealed carriers after passing the laws? Never mind.

Offline EasyAce

Not a bad idea. Liberals will be horrified of course. It's like when a number of states passed concealed carry laws, and the day after passing, thousands of people in those states were gunned down. Oh, wait...that didn't happen? There was no increase in homicides by the concealed carriers after passing the laws? Never mind.
@goatprairie
I'd be more in favour of letting the teachers be holstered visibly. They could keep the pistols in their handbags or attache cases, but sharp kids could figure
the right moment to snatch the pistols. Let the teachers be seen with their pieces.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@goatprairie
I'd be more in favour of letting the teachers be holstered visibly. They could keep the pistols in their handbags or attache cases, but sharp kids could figure
the right moment to snatch the pistols. Let the teachers be seen with their pieces.

In that setting, open carry might work.  In general public, I've always been a fan of concealed carry.  I love surprises.  Mrs. Liberty has this beauty of a 380, pretty pink.  My Dad said, "Hey, that's dangerous, people won't know it's a gun!"  to which I replied "Yeah, I know.  Won't they be surprised when it goes 'Bang!'"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

In that setting, open carry might work.  In general public, I've always been a fan of concealed carry.  I love surprises.  Mrs. Liberty has this beauty of a 380, pretty pink.  My Dad said, "Hey, that's dangerous, people won't know it's a gun!"  to which I replied "Yeah, I know.  Won't they be surprised when it goes 'Bang!'"
@Cyber Liberty
Makes you kind of nostalgic for the old James Bond gun-in-a-briefcase that triggered when you squeezed the handle, no? ;)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
Makes you kind of nostalgic for the old James Bond gun-in-a-briefcase that triggered when you squeezed the handle, no? ;)

I had the toy version of that when I was a kid.

! No longer available
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yeah, let's turn our schools into armed prisons. That'll stop'em. /sarc
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Israel Figured Out How to Prevent School Shootings 40 Years Ago-It's Time the US Followed Suit

In 1974, Israel endured the Ma’alot Massacre in which “Palestinian” terrorists took 115 people hostage at Netiv Meir Elementary School.  Twenty-two children and three others were killed and 68 injured.  Israel now requires schools with 100 or more students to have a guard posted. The civilian police force handles the entire security system of all schools from kindergarten through college.  The Ministry of Education funds shelters and fences, reinforces school buses, and hires and trains guards.

Guards don’t just stand around.  They check everyone entering, and engage threats.

And yeah, they’ve got guns.The lawful purposes for carrying guns are very clear: protect school personnel and students, create a sense of security, deter the ill-intentioned, and provide self-defense.

Common sense.   Except to the illogical dullards who claim that “adding guns to schools won’t fix anything” and are fixated on the NRA and the ridiculous notions that gun laws magically stop criminals and crazy people from obtaining one of the 300 million guns in our country.

https://townhall.com/columnists/lawrencemeyers/2018/02/15/president-trump-have-education-department-mandate-active-shooter-protocols-n2449726
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

Alright...

But around here, maybe even yet, such a thing could not occur - because more than one redneck boy is packing, and if not, most every one of them has a little somthin somthin out in the truck.

Right at the root of this thing is the denial of the basic American right to keep and bear arms.
Same with airplane hijacks too, btw.

Offline WingNot

I had the toy version of that when I was a kid.

! No longer available

That was a badass toy! Secret Sam Attache Case Weapons Set with a real silencer on the barrel extension!

Offline roamer_1

That was a badass toy! Secret Sam Attache Case Weapons Set with a real silencer on the barrel extension!

Hold on... I vaguely remember that... When properly stowed, there was a button on the attache case to shoot the pistol... right next to the handle...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I learned valuable lessons, useful later on in life.  The noise suppressor did horrible things to your aim and range.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hold on... I vaguely remember that... When properly stowed, there was a button on the attache case to shoot the pistol... right next to the handle...

Yeppers!
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Man! That's WAY back there...

Now hold on, son...I ain't that ancient.   888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

Topper Toys.  Company had a very interesting story.  They don't show it here but they made a Jet Pilot trainer I had.  When the light burnt out inside the drum that projected the land below the plane I replaced with a bulb laying around.  maybe a 200 watt'r.  As I was flying over Korea to make a bomb run My plane caught on fire and I had to eject. 

! No longer available

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Topper Toys.  Company had a very interesting story.  They don't show it here but they made a Jet Pilot trainer I had.  When the light burnt out inside the drum that projected the land below the plane I replaced with a bulb laying around.  maybe a 200 watt'r.  As I was flying over Korea to make a bomb run My plane caught on fire and I had to eject. 

! No longer available

I had a Gilbert chemestry set.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

I had a Gilbert chemestry set.

Didn't everyone?   I was a regular Poindexter.   Stink bombs were a specialty.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Two changes will stop the majority of school shootings.

1) require all teachers to pass a background check, just as if they were buying a gun and then require, mandatory, annual gun safety classes.  Specific instructions on how to render different firearms safe.

2) allow teachers who have their CW to carry at school.

Offline EasyAce

Two changes will stop the majority of school shootings.

1) require all teachers to pass a background check, just as if they were buying a gun and then require, mandatory, annual gun safety classes.  Specific instructions on how to render different firearms safe.

2) allow teachers who have their CW to carry at school.
Most school districts now require extensive background checks for hiring the teachers in the first place. And those districts in Texas and Colorado have already begun
gun and safety training for their teachers. The latter is far more necessary than the former. But don't have teachers who already own guns conceal them. Let
the kids see them holstered. Let the word get 'round that, yes, the faculty is armed, and maybe the vice principal, too. That just might get a potential school shooter
to think twice. And if he doesn't? Go ahead, make their day . . . ;)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@goatprairie
What's sad is that in some of those situations the teacher might be mobbed by some students for the gun. I happen to agree that arming teachers and staff is the best way to go. I have done construction at schools where there is always a police presence, one officer............somewhere on the campus or just in the office, that's just not enough on a school campus.................. today any way.

Offline EasyAce

What's sad is that in some of those situations the teacher might be mobbed by some students for the gun.
Not if they're trained properly. The teacher would be more likely to lose that gun to a student if it's kept in a handbag, purse, or briefcase.