Author Topic: Meet The Incompetent White House Staffer Behind The Proposed Obamacare Bailout  (Read 289 times)

Offline corbe

Meet The Incompetent White House Staffer Behind The Proposed Obamacare Bailout

For several reasons, the proposed bailout appears to trace back to one individual—Andrew Bremberg, head of the White House’s Domestic Policy Council.

By Christopher Jacobs   
February 15, 2018

My Monday article outlining how the Trump administration’s budget proposed bailing out Obamacare caught some by surprise, on several levels. First, the proposal to shovel $11.5 billion to insurers via risk corridors touched on an obscure issue barely discussed since the 2016 election, with no proposals pending before Congress. Second, when I asked administration officials on Monday whether the budget included any Obamacare bailouts, even staff at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) did not know of these provisions’ inclusion.

For several reasons, the proposed bailout appears to trace back to one individual—Andrew Bremberg, head of the White House’s Domestic Policy Council. First, a Washington Post story in October on the Senate proposal to fund cost-sharing reduction payments that the Trump administration cancelled made clear that Bremberg, unlike many of his White House colleagues, supports bailing out Obamacare:

During the negotiations, Democrats had proposed delaying the open enrollment period for [Obamacare] plans, which is set to begin Nov. 1, for a month after the bill’s enactment to ensure that firms could lower their 2018 premium rates to reflect the fact that the government would keep funding the subsidies. White House Domestic Policy Council Director Andrew Bremberg opposed that provision, Schumer said, but he added that Democrats are willing to insert stronger language to guarantee that insurers pass on the payments to their customers. [Emphasis mine.]

<..snip..>

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/15/meet-incompetent-white-house-staffer-behind-proposed-obamacare-bailout/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

A lot of people seem to think Obamacare is dead. All the Rats have to do is keep the rules in place and subsidize the insurance companies until 2025. Once they get the presidency back it won't be long before the mandate returns.

The Pubs promised Obamacare would be dead as soon as Trump was elected. It's not. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline corbe

GOP negotiators meet on ObamaCare market fix

By Peter Sullivan - 02/15/18 06:35 PM EST

Top Republican negotiators on a bill to stabilize ObamaCare markets met on Thursday to discuss a way to bridge the gap between House and Senate measures.

GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) and Susan Collins (Maine) met with House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Greg Walden (R-Ore.) to discuss an effort to get ObamaCare stability measures included in a coming long-term government funding bill due in March, known as an omnibus.

“We actually think we're very close,” Alexander told reporters. “We hope it will be part of the omnibus.” 

“We're comparing notes on the bills,” he added.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/374147-gop-negotiators-meet-on-obamacare-market-fix
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) and Susan Collins (Maine) met with House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Greg Walden (R-Ore.) to discuss an effort to get ObamaCare stability measures included in a coming long-term government funding bill due in March, known as an omnibus.

Thanks for the info.

It is so infuriating to be played for the fool and whats worse to go along with it for so many years.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Pubs promised Obamacare would be dead as soon as Trump was elected. It's not.

No, it's not.  One of the items put into the tax cut, along with the mandate repeal, was an extension on 'Cadillac plan' exemptions.  This would have hit unions really hard.  Why they didn't let them take effect and show what a steaming pile this legislation really is was baffling.  The other terrible part of the law still in place is the horrible standards of coverage that give you options you'll never use.  They always talk about portability.  Who wants something that sucks carried around?  It's a joke.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bilo

No, it's not.  One of the items put into the tax cut, along with the mandate repeal, was an extension on 'Cadillac plan' exemptions.  This would have hit unions really hard.  Why they didn't let them take effect and show what a steaming pile this legislation really is was baffling.  The other terrible part of the law still in place is the horrible standards of coverage that give you options you'll never use.  They always talk about portability.  Who wants something that sucks carried around?  It's a joke.

I don't think they will have the opportunity to repeal this destruction of our individual liberty for much longer.

The underlying threat to our freedom gets ignored, but Obamacare gives the govt the power to demand we buy a specific product whether we want to or not. In addition to this Obamacare gives the govt the power to determine what our health care will be and where we can get it. The Rats were insidiously clever in that they only attacked the individual market to start, which is only about 10-15% of the market, so most people don't care because it doesn't affect them.