Author Topic: Fla. shooting survivor pleads for gun control: ‘We are children, you guys are the adults’  (Read 12170 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You propose tyranny under the color of law. That is a different thing.
And I don't need no bunker, ya twit, Montana won't enforce this bullcrap, and even if they do, the Sheriff won't. Like I said. Send your revenuers. See what happens.

There are several states where I can forsee law enforcement and even the Governor refusing to enforce such silly laws.

Kentucky where I'm at now and Texas being two of them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

The "crisis of gun violence" you have your panties in a twist about isn't from legal gun owners...it's criminals...drug dealers...gang bangers using illegal guns...guns stolen during a burglary...smuggled in from other countries that is the problem.

Give me 500 bucks and put me anywhere you like in these fair states, Canada, or Mexico, and I will have a gun in my hand in two days.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Give me 500 bucks and put me anywhere you like in these fair states, Canada, or Mexico, and I will have a gun in my hand in two days.

@roamer_1
What are you gonna sleep for the first day and a half?

2-3 hours tops to have a gun and whatever drug you want.

Hell my son is an EMT and they are telling them that sex trafficking is so bad that kids disappear within 8 hours.   So you can also have whatever kinda company you want for that first day and a half.  All it takes is money.

They can't stop that so how are they gonna stop anything else?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

There are several states where I can forsee law enforcement and even the Governor refusing to enforce such silly laws.

Kentucky where I'm at now and Texas being two of them.

Yep. Probably much of the south and the west, and the desert southwest.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yep. Probably much of the south and the west, and the desert southwest.

If you want a good idea who would comply with the liberal stupidity of gun registration and who wouldn't...just pull up a reciprocity map.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yeah, shoot  'em dead, you damn fool.

That is exactly what will happen to agents working to impose your brand of tyranny.

It is the very reason we have the Second Amendment as an inalienable Right to begin with.

Go ahead and test that promise.  Your organs of wannabe tyranny will very quickly suffer a shortage of agents willing to carry it out, notwithstanding all your despotic thirst for a giant safe space, your cursed government tyranny machine will grind to a halt.

Yeah, to hell with the rule of law.   

Tyranny under the color of law is no law we will obey. 

You will have bought yourself a war - as I told you before.

Happiness is a warm gun, so go live in your bunker.  You'll be happier there, and so will the rest of us.   

You are a liar.   

There is one thing absolutely certain about liberals and Leftists like yourself; you are never content to leave anyone alone - even if they are in a bunker in the mountains.   People like you will empower agents of the state to eliminate such people or bring them to heel, because the very idea and notion of people being left alone is abhorrent to you and yours.

All you propose to do is make criminals out of good people.

That is the idea.

When everyone is a criminal in the eyes of the Statists like Jazzy - then rounding people up and getting rid of undesirables will be as easy as pie... or so they think.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1
What are you gonna sleep for the first day and a half?

@driftdiver

LOL! That's right... I figured to need a little time to get the lay of things is all.

Online roamer_1

If you want a good idea who would comply with the liberal stupidity of gun registration and who wouldn't...just pull up a reciprocity map.

That's right. Most are at least 'shall issue'... Other than the liberal bastions of course.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We're not talking "despotism" here, for Chrissake.   *****rollingeyes*****

There is a crisis of gun violence in this nation, and the citizens quite legitimately want to see something done about.   What's par for the course in a Constitutional republic isn't "despotism".   Stop being so damn self-centered and selfish.
WHen the citizens quit demanding that their living rooms, games, and music quit being saturated with violence, maybe we can talk. The problem is the culture, not of guns, but of violence. If that scares people, well, they can quit patronizing it and arm up to defend themselves against. Until we return to a society where killing people for no reason is simply unthinkable, the problem will continue, regardless of the tools used to perpetrate it. Or are you going to ban tire irons and rebar, kitchen knives, fists and feet, too?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Go ahead and test that promise.  Your organs of wannabe tyranny will very quickly suffer a shortage of agents willing to carry it out, notwithstanding all your despotic thirst for a giant safe space, your cursed government tyranny machine will grind to a halt.

@INVAR
A nice turn of phrase, that one...

:beer: :patriot:

Online Smokin Joe

Yep. There are a few 'drive around' and no-go states on there. Sadly, the one I was heading to was one of them last time I drove cross-country.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Or are you going to ban tire irons and rebar, kitchen knives, fists and feet, too?

At the end of the day those things you mentioned classify as "assault weapons" in the wrong hands. 

It's only the misguided types that think the only "assault weapon" every produced was the Armalite Rifle Model 15.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR
A nice turn of phrase, that one...

Thanks.  It was written for the benefit of those who know and understand the reference.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

But it sounds like you'll get a chance to make up for it with your grandkids.

That's right - Good Lord willin', I'll get it done. I'm a redneck boy - I've been getting back up all my life.  This is no different.

:beer:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
At the end of the day those things you mentioned classify as "assault weapons" in the wrong hands. 

It's only the misguided types that think the only "assault weapon" every produced was the Armalite Rifle Model 15.

The Stg-44 is generally credited as being the first true assault rifle. I suppose, if you wanted to go on volume of fire, perhaps the Girandoni or an earlier model would be the pioneer.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DB

WHen the citizens quit demanding that their living rooms, games, and music quit being saturated with violence, maybe we can talk. The problem is the culture, not of guns, but of violence. If that scares people, well, they can quit patronizing it and arm up to defend themselves against. Until we return to a society where killing people for no reason is simply unthinkable, the problem will continue, regardless of the tools used to perpetrate it. Or are you going to ban tire irons and rebar, kitchen knives, fists and feet, too?

Triggered spoiled little brat spawn of liberals is the source of the problem. Where reality is whatever they say it is and can't be challenged. They don't even know if they're male or female. If they can't figure that out, how can they figure much of anything out with any accuracy? When reality strikes, which it always does, they can't deal with it and come unhinged lashing out destroying whatever is around them.

I think we've become too "civilized". The perpetrators of these sort of crimes need to have an horrific end that no one would accept willingly. Rotting on a pike naked in the center of town isn't too extreme. Until people actually fear the results of these sort of actions they'll continue to do it.

Online roamer_1

Happiness is being in public next to a snowflake gun grabber like you...with my Sig Sauer P320 tucked into a holster on my hip and you never know I'm carrying.

LOL! So my truck broke down uptown a while back, see... My buddy was busy, and it would have to be trailered home... Well, it don't lock, other than the sawbox, so I grabbed my belt and slung it on (Bowie, axe, .45 Colt at the time) shrugged into my go-bag, laid my carbine over a shoulder, put on my Bailey,  and started hoofing for home.

About a quarter of the way through the west side, a cop rolls up. Seems some dingbat called up and said there was an armed criminal making trouble... He sized me up, and I told him what.. So he offered a ride, but I was alright, so he gave me a grin and shook my hand (had to shift the carbine for that)...

He must have got on the horn and told everyone I was just out for a walk, because no more troubles...

But the funny part was the chick who called it in... i know who it was, because she come out and was peerin down the block... When he shook my hand and I went off, here she come to give that poor Deputy a piece of her mind.  :silly:

I almost turned back around to watch the show, but I thought better of it rather than stir up troubles.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
These kids who want the adults to do something need to encourage their parents to call their congressman and tell them to encourage them to support the ‘Safe Students Act,’ legislation introduced by Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY), to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act.

Online roamer_1

These kids who want the adults to do something need to encourage their parents to call their congressman and tell them to encourage them to support the ‘Safe Students Act,’ legislation introduced by Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY), to repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act.

Right... and put hunter's safety and firearm management back into the curriculum.

Online Smokin Joe

Triggered spoiled little brat spawn of liberals is the source of the problem. Where reality is whatever they say it is and can't be challenged. They don't even know if they're male or female. If they can't figure that out, how can they figure much of anything out with any accuracy? When reality strikes, which it always does, they can't deal with it and come unhinged lashing out destroying whatever is around them.

I think we've become too "civilized". The perpetrators of these sort of crimes need to have an horrific end that no one would accept willingly. Rotting on a pike naked in the center of town isn't too extreme. Until people actually fear the results of these sort of actions they'll continue to do it.
I am for getting back to letting kids sort it out, with one caveat: the society we live in today is ripe with images not of the sort of conflict we dealt with as kids (fist fights on the playground), but with group assaults and stomping people to death. The idea of 'he's had enough' and 'one on one' is lost in the cultural miasma in all forms of media, available on a daily basis from a multitude of sources. It's funny the same people who found some cartoons "too violent" watch stuff commonly on TV today that would have been X rated in the 60s for ruthless violent content.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 Eggy Retweeted

Nicholas J. Fuentes
‏
Verified account

@NickJFuentes
 2h2 hours ago
More
Remember that while the FBI dug around for a full year to indict Paul Manafort on financial crimes from 5 years ago, they completely ignored a tip which would have prevented the tragic deaths of 17 innocent people this week.

Online roamer_1

I am for getting back to letting kids sort it out, with one caveat: the society we live in today is ripe with images not of the sort of conflict we dealt with as kids (fist fights on the playground), but with group assaults and stomping people to death. The idea of 'he's had enough' and 'one on one' is lost in the cultural miasma in all forms of media, available on a daily basis from a multitude of sources. It's funny the same people who found some cartoons "too violent" watch stuff commonly on TV today that would have been X rated in the 60s for ruthless violent content.

That's right, and returns right back to men teaching boys about honor.
A strong sense of honor promotes fair play.
It isn't any wonder that societies that omit it have young men who blow a gasket.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We're not talking "despotism" here, for Chrissake.   *****rollingeyes*****

There is a crisis of gun violence in this nation, and the citizens quite legitimately want to see something done about.   What's par for the course in a Constitutional republic isn't "despotism".   Stop being so damn self-centered and selfish.

When citizens learn, as they have today, that the "government" was on a witch hunt and frame-up against Trump, and missed numerous warnings over this Florida deadly threat, they have every right to be fully prepared to deal with serious matters on their own. (FBI in both instances)

As in "can't trust the government."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

But asking for support for the Safe Students Act would require those who believe that absence of guns equals safety from violence to admit their ideas are DEAD wrong. Limousine Liberals will never admit their mistake in requiring all schools be gun free zones (making students easy targets) nor will they ever learn from their failed experiments in social engineering. They refuse to live in the real world, except of course when it comes to their own body guards and own security needs.

Online roamer_1

As a rule, all cops are for is bringing the body bags.

If you can't defend yourself, chances are, you'll be in one.