Author Topic: Rush: Black Panther Mania Takes Racist Country by Storm?  (Read 505 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Black Panther Mania Takes Racist Country by Storm?
« on: February 14, 2018, 09:31:20 pm »

Black Panther Mania Takes Racist Country by Storm?

Feb 14, 2018

RUSH: Have I asked you all yet about the Black Panther, the movie? Did I ask you that? I asked you that privately, right? I have not asked this on the air. Folks, can I ask you a question? I need to ask you a question. Are you sick of living in a racist country that has twice elected a black president? And are you sick of living in a racist country where a movie featuring a black actor as a black superhero is poised to set box office records? Are you tired of that racist country? Are you tired of living in that racist country?

I know what you’re saying: “Rush, they’re not gonna get it. This is way too sophisticated a comment. They’re not gonna get the nuance here. And once again, you’re gonna get pilloried for something you didn’t say.”

No, I’m making a point that I’ve had made for I don’t know how long. How can this country be as racist and bigoted when its wealthiest and most popular TV personality is an overweight African-American female? How can that be? (interruption) What? What do you mean, who would that be? How many overweight African-American TV personalities that give away cars are there? I’ve often asked that question because, like all Republicans, I sit here and I get fed up with this never ending allegation, and not just personally, but that the country is this, and of course it isn’t.

more
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/02/14/black-panther-mania-takes-racist-country-by-storm/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: Black Panther Mania Takes Racist Country by Storm?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:39:58 pm »
Oh good grief. Rush, not everything is politics. This movie is going to be huge, because it is an Awesome Marvel movie following in a series that have blown up the box office (with a couple of exceptions).

People are going to go because they love Marvel superhero movies.

...and no, this isn't a character and story that was just created to be PC. The character goes back to The Fantastic Four comics, I believe the same time Iron Man came out and a few years before 'the Black Panther Party'. (The latter probably named after the former, not vice versa as many are saying).