Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24741 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Shooter probably knew exactly where he was and planed to avoid him.  One is not enough and some need to be generally unknown.

3,000 students were protected by one pistol--probably across campus.   **nononono*

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:09:11 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline anubias

@anubias  I think this sums it up well:
! No longer available

It's a Sorry World
by Tim Wilson

You can go to war when you're 18
But you can't buy a beer
You can launch missiles from a submarine
But you can't buy a pistol here
You can breathe chemical weapon fumes
But they don't want you to smoke
So when you're shootin' up a bar in Baghdad, don't order a rum and coke

You can have sex when you're 17
You just can't have the cigarette
You ain't old enough for a slot machine
Or to lay down a football bet
But they'll take you at the clinic if you're 15
And your folks don't have to know
Or you can take penicillin,
Just don't watch people gettin' naked on video

You can be a governor at 21
Or a president at 35
You can be the senator from South Carolina
If you can just stay alive
They'll throw you in with sharks when you're 12 years old
Teach you to scuba dive
But when you're 94 and can't see anymore
they'll still let you drive

Just don't get caught with no beer in your hand if you just turned 18
They don't mind you ownin' acetylene torch
and a gallon of gasoline
You just can't buy smokes at the liquor store or y'all will both go to jail
But they'll sell you a rope
so you can hang yourself while you're listening to Nine Inch Nails

It's a sorry world
It's a sooo-rry world
It's a sorry world when you can raise younguns but you can't smoke a Marlboro
It's a sorry world when you're 17 and you can't call a callgirl.

It does.  I’ve never understood the thinking behind it.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Or expand the Village, like in Israel.  Everyone serves, and rifles are an everyday sight.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
In the latter part of the sixties we were practicing with .22 caliber shooting into bullet traps in the tennis courts of my junior high and the Boys and Girls club across the street. This wasn't somewhere in rural America it was Buena Park, CA. Also on campus was the California Cadet Corps and they drilled and went all over campus with their plugged 1903 Springfields. No one freaked out, police weren't called and no one talked about using a gun to kill anyone, except those we were at war with.
 Society has gotten to a place where too many people deal with unhappiness, or hurt feelings by deciding to kill someone and when they act out they will do it with whatever they have access to, and it hasn't always been with a gun. But guns are an easy target, especially those big black scary ones. Our population has grown so much and so much more packed together that while I doubt the percentage of mental defectives has really grown we see more because of instant news and that same instant news is very attractive to a defective that wants attention.

Really interesting!  Are you still in LA/OC?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline NavyCanDo

In the latter part of the sixties we were practicing with .22 caliber shooting into bullet traps in the tennis courts of my junior high and the Boys and Girls club across the street. This wasn't somewhere in rural America it was Buena Park, CA. Also on campus was the California Cadet Corps and they drilled and went all over campus with their plugged 1903 Springfields. No one freaked out, police weren't called and no one talked about using a gun to kill anyone, except those we were at war with.
 Society has gotten to a place where too many people deal with unhappiness, or hurt feelings by deciding to kill someone and when they act out they will do it with whatever they have access to, and it hasn't always been with a gun. But guns are an easy target, especially those big black scary ones. Our population has grown so much and so much more packed together that while I doubt the percentage of mental defectives has really grown we see more because of instant news and that same instant news is very attractive to a defective that wants attention.

The high schools in my city had gun clubs and competitive competition. My 1977 year book has a page devoted to the club and shooting team, with a photo of them on the school steps with their rifles.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline verga

Actually, before the Gun Free School thing, it was not unusual to see the pickups in the High School parking lot here with an impressive array of long guns in the rifle racks. No one ever thought of shooting up the school, and the kids went hunting after school let out. It wasn't until the country, led by the media, got its collective panties in a knot at the sight of a firearm that the "Village" chased guns into hiding.
When I first began teaching (over 20 years ago) it was perfectly normal to see rifles and shot guns in the back window of the students pickup trucks. Students would bring the firearm into school we would strip and refinish stocks, blue barrels, make new firing pins and do basic gun repair. During hunting seasons my students would head out to the field or deer blind after school. For quite a few of them that was how they put meat on the table. These families were dirt poor, but the kids came to school. Their clothes were clean and they had a respectful attitude. I contrast that with the year I taught at an inner city school the year before. The exact opposite.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline aligncare

Yes, and Brain Chemistry is a Red Herring since it is so poorly understood that there is NO BASELINE of what a 'normal' brain chemistry is.

It cannot be measured.

But the upset to it by poisoning it with Psychiatric Drugs Can Be Measured.

Help yourself, drug by drug, to the FDA reported Adverse Reactions to the most common psych drugs.

http://psychroachesadverseevent.blogspot.com/

Finally, someone brought this up! Mind altering meds have a role in helping some people within a narrow group of psychiatric conditions. But, there are known, serious and bizarre side effects and adverse reactions with these drugs. Everything from suicidal ideation, hallucinations, heightened paranoia, violent behavior – the list is long and frightening.

If Cruz was on these meds, look for a diminished mental capacity defense from his attorney.

Offline aligncare

The high schools in my city had gun clubs and competitive competition. My 1977 year book has a page devoted to the club and shooting team, with a photo of them on the school steps with their rifles.

Brooklyn, New York, early 60’s. My uncle, auxiliary policeman, got me involved in gun safety classes and shooting club. Then the communists and liberals came along and ruined every good and wholesome American tradition.

Offline thackney

I know it's no going to sit well with some, and I hope that they  can participate in a civil adult point counter point, but based on what I read so far, I doubt it. As an NRA member and gun owner (even the deadly black ones) he should not have been able to purchase a gun at his age.  I have no issue with a 21 one and older requirement. If the gun is for hunting, competition, or plinking a parent should be buying it and own the responsibility for any misuse. At 21 the gun can transfer ownership.  I would support a 21 and over law.  Fire away.

Not everyone lives at home until 21.  Why do you believe an 18 year old living alone has no right to defend themselves?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Police were called to the Cruz home at least 39 times since 2010

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,304389.0.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Larry Elder was talking about this, Israel has had armed teachers and other precautionary measures for decades.  Precautionary measures probably include at the least, metal detectors.
The last thing we need is to put deadly firearms in the hands of teachers who are put under intense psychological stress daily. One unruly class could be all it takes for that teacher to start threatening kids at gunpoint.

I do not want the teachers' unions being turned into a militia.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

@Neverdul New York State is even more stupid. You can by a rifle, shotgun, and ammunition at age 18. You can take your concealed carry pistol class at age 18. You are not allowed to purchase a pistol from a dealer until you are 21, but are allowed to buy it from a private seller. When my neighbor turned 18 he got his permit, he gave me the cash and I bought he pistol for him from a dealer then turned around and sold it to him with out even putting it on my permit. All legal.   

Have you seen his NY permit?  Is he an Honorably Discharged Vet?

The info I have found says must be 21.

http://www.ny.gov/services/apply-firearms-license

To be eligible to have a firearms license you:

Must be a New York State resident
Must be 21 years old
-A person under 21 who has been honorably discharged from military service is eligible to apply for a firearms license.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newyork.pdf

https://gun.laws.com/state-gun-laws/new-york-gun-laws
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:03:32 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

The last thing we need is to put deadly firearms in the hands of teachers who are put under intense psychological stress daily. One unruly class could be all it takes for that teacher to start threatening kids at gunpoint.

I do not want the teachers' unions being turned into a militia.

Yep. The very first time some teacher goes berserk in the classroom because some kid dissed him or her or becomes a bit unruly and the teacher pulls a gun on them and or shoots them, that will put a stop to armed teachers.

FWIW, when I was in the 9th grade our homeroom and our science teacher, a late middle age black woman who was a miserable and very nasty woman and a lousy teacher to boot and who couldn’t control her classroom. And my 9th grade home room class was made up of “honor students” yes, “nerds”.

But as we sometimes acted up and liked to have fun, we never threated her or anyone else and typically calmed down once the homeroom bell was rung, we were just a bit rebellious and questioning at times.

But one day when a kid questioned her on something she told use during our science class, and not IIRC unreasonably, not an unreasonable question and not intended to be disrespectful, IIRC she told our class that “salt water can’t freeze” and one kid in the class raised his hand and challenged that this wasn’t correct, and then she completely lost it and drug him out of his chair and kicked him and grabbed him by the throat and tried to strangle him.

A couple of kids ran to another classroom for help and another teacher who subdued her.

She never came back. We were told she decided to take an “early retirement”

Not someone I’d want to see be armed in the classroom. 
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@Neverdul @jmyrlefuller

Im strongly of the belief that if you don't trust someone with a firearm perhaps those people shouldn't be on the street.

They certainly shouldn't be teaching our students.

There are a myriad of weapons available if someone loses it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Not someone I’d want to see be armed in the classroom.

But admittedly, someone you can't stop from being armed in the classroom. Just like they couldn't stop Cruz from being armed in the classroom.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
When I first began teaching (over 20 years ago) it was perfectly normal to see rifles and shot guns in the back window of the students pickup trucks. Students would bring the firearm into school we would strip and refinish stocks, blue barrels, make new firing pins and do basic gun repair. During hunting seasons my students would head out to the field or deer blind after school. For quite a few of them that was how they put meat on the table. These families were dirt poor, but the kids came to school. Their clothes were clean and they had a respectful attitude. I contrast that with the year I taught at an inner city school the year before. The exact opposite.

I taught at a rural school in the not-too-distant past.  Times have changed.  All the ills that plague inner city schools have made it to the country.  Not to the same extent, thankfully, but they're there.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Found this on Twitter:

linkola mindset 🌲 🌳 🌿 🌴‏
@ecccoautist
Follow Follow @ecccoautist
More
i honestly lol every time i think about how libs believe a gun-free america would be safe like finland or japan or some shit, and not a crime-ridden anarcho-tyranny dystopia just like the places our demographics are coming to resemble (brazil, central america, africa, etc)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Finally, someone brought this up! Mind altering meds have a role in helping some people within a narrow group of psychiatric conditions. But, there are known, serious and bizarre side effects and adverse reactions with these drugs. Everything from suicidal ideation, hallucinations, heightened paranoia, violent behavior – the list is long and frightening.

If Cruz was on these meds, look for a diminished mental capacity defense from his attorney.

I don't know what to think of the argument that anti-depression and anti-psychotic drugs cause mental health issues.  They are on these drugs because they have mental health issues, and so far I haven't seen a good study that shows that the drugs cause or increase the issues. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Someone who lies and someone who tells the truth are playing on opposite sides, so to speak, in the same game. Each responds to the facts as he understands them, although the response of the one is guided by the authority of the truth, while the response of the other defies that authority and refuses to meet its demands.
The bullshitter ignores these demands altogether. He does not reject the authority of the truth, as the liar does, and oppose himself to it. He pays no attention to it at all. By virtue of this, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.

https://brenebrown.com/blog/2017/11/08/gun-reform-speaking-truth-bullshit-practicing-civility-affecting-change/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I don't know what to think of the argument that anti-depression and anti-psychotic drugs cause mental health issues.  They are on these drugs because they have mental health issues, and so far I haven't seen a good study that shows that the drugs cause or increase the issues.

It’s all detailed in the 20-page insert the drug companies put in the medicine packaging. Scarier than a Steven King novel it is.

And with increased numbers of people on these drugs (often mis-prescribed) and the incidents of mass shooting on the rise in recent times, and with the large percentage of shooters found later to be on psychotropic drugs, that could all be coincidence, right?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:02:08 pm by aligncare »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It’s all detailed in the 20-page insert the drug companies put in the medicine packaging. Scarier than a Steven King novel it is.

And with increased numbers of people on these drugs (often mis-prescribed) and the incidents of mass shooting on the rise in recent times and with the large percentage of shooters found later to be on psychotropic drugs, that could all be coincidence, right?

Yes, but the insert reports on any and all conditions that happened while taking the drug and doesn't mean that the drug caused the condition.  That's why it starts with "may cause". 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Sanguine

Side effects of these drugs

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/mental-health-medications/index.shtml
Thoughts about suicide or dying
Attempts to commit suicide
New or worsening depression
New or worsening anxiety
Feeling very agitated or restless
Panic attacks
Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
New or worsening irritability
Acting aggressively, being angry, or violent
Acting on dangerous impulses
An extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
Other unusual changes in behavior or mood
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
From what I understand, Cruz bought his AR15, something should have been able to prevent that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Side effects of these drugs

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/mental-health-medications/index.shtml
Thoughts about suicide or dying
Attempts to commit suicide
New or worsening depression
New or worsening anxiety
Feeling very agitated or restless
Panic attacks
Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
New or worsening irritability
Acting aggressively, being angry, or violent
Acting on dangerous impulses
An extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
Other unusual changes in behavior or mood

Oh, I know.  They do affect mood, hence they may cause changes in mood - which is of course what they are designed to do.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

Agreed, Sanguine.  And of course some of these drugs have possible side effects that can cause behavioral issues, as well.  I think we're at a situation where people on certain classes (?) of medications shouldn't have firearms.  But that might affect people with PTSD, which causes another problem.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.