Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24419 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Agree. Different society today. There are subcultures that celebrate nihilism, psyches conditioned by violent video games. The constitution never could have imagined children surfing the internet on their phones.

Family must be rebuilt over 'It Takes A Village'.

It's up to Parents to teach Gun Safety.

Take the youngster shooting and let them use a humble, unassuming little .22 rimfire cartridge on a water filled, plastic, gallon milk jug.

AFTER telling them that since a human being is 94% water, and that Explosion is what it will do to a person.

It will snap them right out of the 1st person shooter video game illusion that shooting someone is nothing more than a red splotch and a pained grunt.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:34:46 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I know it's no going to sit well with some, and I hope that they  can participate in a civil adult point counter point, but based on what I read so far, I doubt it. As an NRA member and gun owner (even the deadly black ones) he should not have been able to purchase a gun at his age.  I have no issue with a 21 one and older requirement. If the gun is for hunting, competition, or plinking a parent should be buying it and own the responsibility for any misuse. At 21 the gun can transfer ownership.  I would support a 21 and over law.  Fire away.

I cannot confirm if this is true or not, but I heard on the radio during an interview with Gov Rick Scott, that in Florida, he would have had to been 21 to purchase a pistol but at 18, could legally purchase an AR15. If that is true, that's rather stupid.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak

I have been gone today and am catching up on this thread.  My Bob's granddaughter, she is 18, a high school senior in Ohio, and proficient with guns, including an AR15, but this is not about her; it is about her school.  It is a large school, all outside doors are locked; there is only one entrance a person can go through, but each person approaching the door, is only admitted if the gun toting guard unlocks the door.  I heard today this killer had his AR15 type gun in a gun case when he went inside the school.  He would not have gotten in the granddaughter's school.  Every school needs to do this.

I'm not sure they had this plan there..but Cruz pulled the fire alarm..now was this alarm outside or inside?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I'm not sure they had this plan there..but Cruz pulled the fire alarm..now was this alarm outside or inside?

From what I gathered from news reports today - he was IN the school, wearing gas mask and pulled the fire alarm to get everyone into the hallways and opened fire on them all.

Shot two people outside, maybe when he was leaving the building.

Went to Subway and then McDonalds.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

• Wulf Anson Author
Finn Aagard was an African Professional Hunter. Made his living taking visiting hunters out on Safari until those idiot Peoples Revolutions closed down the Industry so Jomo Kenyata could send the army out with AK-47s to export all the Ivory they could get to fund his Palace.

Finn moved from Kenya to Texas. Had 2 sons, and a bunch of rifles, on up to a .458 Winchester.

His gun safety education for his boys, from the beginning was "You're welcome to shoot Any of my guns so long as you Ask and We do it under my supervision."

Said he never had an ounce of trouble, irresponsibility or worry about it developing behind his back from either of them, because he Demystified the guns for them. Made sure they knew exactly what was what.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Nope, I agree with you.  Likewise, voting should go back up to 21, and you should have to purchase your own insurance at 21.

The "legal" age should be raised to 21 for everything, including voting and enlisting in the military or it should be lowered to 18 for everything, including the drinking age.

It is ridiculous IMO that an 18 year old can enlist in the military and vote but cannot legally buy a beer or a shot of whiskey. At 18 you can get often a credit card and buy a car on credit in some cases as long as you have a job or a source of income, but you can't get a rental car.

Of course a female younger than 18, much younger than 18 in fact can get an abortion or get birth control without her parents' permission or even any notification.

And evidently he could legally purchase an AR15 at age 18 as it is considered a long gun, but wouldn't have been legally able to purchase a pistol. That makes no sense to me or am I missing something?

FWIW, when I was 19 (circa 1980) I had a full time job and my own health and dental insurance through that job but was still living with my parents.  I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled and it was under local anesthetic, I wasn't put asleep for it, but my dad drove me to the appointment, just in case I wasn't feeling well enough afterward to drive home myself. But they made my dad sign a form stating that he was giving his permission for me to have the tooth pulled because I was under 21. I wasn't happy about that and even remember saying, "if I was getting an abortion, I wouldn't need anyone's permission".

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Its this kind of overwrought rhetoric thats makes me wonder how serious you are.

Who said anything about an armed camp? We're talking about one or two trained agents carrying a concealed weapon.

I think there was an armed security officer at the school.  I'm not sure how many would be necessary to be effective.  What do you think, for 3000 kids?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

I know it's no going to sit well with some, and I hope that they  can participate in a civil adult point counter point, but based on what I read so far, I doubt it. As an NRA member and gun owner (even the deadly black ones) he should not have been able to purchase a gun at his age.  I have no issue with a 21 one and older requirement. If the gun is for hunting, competition, or plinking a parent should be buying it and own the responsibility for any misuse. At 21 the gun can transfer ownership.  I would support a 21 and over law.  Fire away.

I agree with you.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

I can think of three reasons off the top of my head....Dylan Roof, James Holmes, and Jared Loughner.  I doubt they were any more or less crazy in their early 20s than they were at 18 and they were probably just as weird when kids.  The age is an arbitrary reason to explain what happened.

But I think at least two of them had gone through mental health treatment; this should have made it harder or impossible for them to buy a gun.

Offline LauraTXNM

Ok, assuming you and the other guy are such authorities on the matter, please relay why we did not get all this outstanding legislation you want right after Sandy Hook when the Dems had control of Senate and Presidency?

Why?   Because Americans do not want it, and the Dems knew better.

Yet you wish the conservatives to begin legislation which the majority of Americans will rebel against.

The mental health-gun directive (? Not sure what it's called) that went into effect in December 2016 and was repealed in Feb 2017 was intended to help with this. 

• Wulf Anson Author
But I think at least two of them had gone through mental health treatment; this should have made it harder or impossible for them to buy a gun.

And there's the rub.

If 'Should' by Govt. Edict made Anything harder to do Rahm Emanual's murder gallery of a city would have the lowest homicide rates in the Country.

Offline LauraTXNM

....What MAOI or SSRI was this kid taking, anyway?

This is one of my questions, too.

Offline LauraTXNM

I cannot confirm if this is true or not, but I heard on the radio during an interview with Gov Rick Scott, that in Florida, he would have had to been 21 to purchase a pistol but at 18, could legally purchase an AR15. If that is true, that's rather stupid.

I agree.

Offline LauraTXNM

That's a good point. 

Offline LauraTXNM

Finn Aagard was an African Professional Hunter. Made his living taking visiting hunters out on Safari until those idiot Peoples Revolutions closed down the Industry so Jomo Kenyata could send the army out with AK-47s to export all the Ivory they could get to fund his Palace.

Finn moved from Kenya to Texas. Had 2 sons, and a bunch of rifles, on up to a .458 Winchester.

His gun safety education for his boys, from the beginning was "You're welcome to shoot Any of my guns so long as you Ask and We do it under my supervision."

Said he never had an ounce of trouble, irresponsibility or worry about it developing behind his back from either of them, because he Demystified the guns for them. Made sure they knew exactly what was what.

This is a very good story.  And I suspect it's the way a lot of us were raised.  I think the problem is with these "troubled" kids. 

Offline LauraTXNM

The "legal" age should be raised to 21 for everything, including voting and enlisting in the military or it should be lowered to 18 for everything, including the drinking age.

It is ridiculous IMO that an 18 year old can enlist in the military and vote but cannot legally buy a beer or a shot of whiskey. At 18 you can get often a credit card and buy a car on credit in some cases as long as you have a job or a source of income, but you can't get a rental car.

Of course a female younger than 18, much younger than 18 in fact can get an abortion or get birth control without her parents' permission or even any notification.

And evidently he could legally purchase an AR15 at age 18 as it is considered a long gun, but wouldn't have been legally able to purchase a pistol. That makes no sense to me or am I missing something?

FWIW, when I was 19 (circa 1980) I had a full time job and my own health and dental insurance through that job but was still living with my parents.  I had to have a wisdom tooth pulled and it was under local anesthetic, I wasn't put asleep for it, but my dad drove me to the appointment, just in case I wasn't feeling well enough afterward to drive home myself. But they made my dad sign a form stating that he was giving his permission for me to have the tooth pulled because I was under 21. I wasn't happy about that and even remember saying, "if I was getting an abortion, I wouldn't need anyone's permission".

Yes to everything you said.  Great post!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I think the discussion of gun control as being some kind of preventative to this kind of mass murder is absurd.

Deal with the root cause of the problem, not the symptoms.  Morality, responsibility and discipline are no longer taught, expected or administered in this country.

Gun control talk to reduce the natural result of abandoning those key principles by suggesting the availability of weapons is the cause of mass school shootings, is as stupid as asserting that the easy availability of spoons is the cause of obesity in America.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

And there's the rub.

If 'Should' by Govt. Edict made Anything harder to do Rahm Emanual's murder gallery of a city would have the lowest homicide rates in the Country.

I think the guns in Chicago come largely from surrounding states, don't they?

Anyway, there ar definitely problems with banning firearms for the "mentally ill", including who qualifies?  But I really think it needs to be looked at.

Offline LauraTXNM

I think the discussion of gun control as being some kind of preventative to this kind of mass murder is absurd.

Deal with the root cause of the problem, not the symptoms.  Morality, responsibility and discipline are no longer taught, expected or administered in this country.

Gun control talk to reduce the natural result of abandoning those key principles by suggesting the availability of weapons is the cause of mass school shootings, is as stupid as asserting that the easy availability of spoons is the cause of obesity in America.

Problem is, brain chemistry works independently from morality and discipline ;(.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What MAOI or SSRI was this kid taking, anyway?

The AR is a nice, simple to operate, easy to customize platform.  However, my SOCOM-16 hits a little harder and is my preferred type of.....

....Mao inhibitor.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This again, is a consequence of a society that has rejected and abandoned biblical morality being taught and expected to be followed in society.   You know, that stuff that our resident hedonist and Leftist says is bigotry and intolerance.  These horrors are the natural harvests and results of seeds sown by a people who have rejected what our foundational principles were and replaced them what Godless Leftists have taught them to value instead.   In place of our cultural norms, has been 50 years of promoting a secular no-holds-barred, self-desire morality that teaches the abandonment of responsibility for self and instant gratification with empowering government and societal institutions to take over the responsibility of raising and teaching our posterity sans God.

These fruits are the judgment we have brought upon ourselves as a people.

And as often happens with a people who have forgotten God, instead of repenting and returning to those principles that once sustained and preserved liberty on these shores, we blame inanimate objects, global warming, White privilege, Hate speech and the Second Amendment for calamity.

Instead of using common sense to identify the root cause of our dissolving civil society, we double down on empowering government to eradicate a people's ability to defend themselves so as to put everyone at the mercy of the criminal and the state, both of which are often one and the same.
No argument here. I agree.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

The AR is a nice, simple to operate, easy to customize platform.  However, my SOCOM-16 hits a little harder and is my preferred type of.....

....Mao inhibitor.

.308 vs .223, I guess so...

Love mine, too.

Offline anubias

I agree with you.

An 18 year old can join the Military and be shipped to Iraq and Afghanistan and get his limbs blown off, but can’t buy a gun?

If that law is passed, then they need to raise the age to 21 for joining the Military and voting.

Or lower everything back to 18 as it should be, including alcohol.  If a kid is old enough to vote and join the Military, then he is an adult.

• Wulf Anson Author
Problem is, brain chemistry works independently from morality and discipline ;(.

Yes, and Brain Chemistry is a Red Herring since it is so poorly understood that there is NO BASELINE of what a 'normal' brain chemistry is.

It cannot be measured.

But the upset to it by poisoning it with Psychiatric Drugs Can Be Measured.

Help yourself, drug by drug, to the FDA reported Adverse Reactions to the most common psych drugs.

http://psychroachesadverseevent.blogspot.com/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

We were raised much the same. The guns were never locked up, but we were taught from day one to not mess with them. If we wanted t shoot, we asked, and did so only with approval and supervision. BY 9 we were hunting deer and ducks and had our own shotguns. The other thing, as we were a Fire/EMS family, was that the sanctity of human life was stressed, as it was in all media platforms in the day, with the possible exception of some westerns.
Between the two, we all grew up without incident, and we weren't the only kids raised that way--it was the norm.

The problems have been largely brought about by all the social experimenting, media saturation with violence (de-sensitization), and (for lack of any other way to put it, because we prayed at the start of the school day for part of 1-12) getting away from God as a culture overall.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis