Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24810 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The media has GOT to stop the way they cover these shootings.

Updates should be on the hour and words like "monster", "murderer", "evil", "death penalty" should be repeated often.

Stop with the press conferences, stop with the interviews .... stop acting like the world has stopped because of this.

In a month's time our "leaders" can let us know what they've uncovered and how they propose incorporating the findings into into an action plan.  Let us decide if we agree.

Stop glorifying this.  They're not heroes.  They're sick, effed up misfits.

Exactly.  The over glamorizing and "in depth" 24/7 reporting that glamorizes tragedies like this are what IMHO inspire copycat shooters.

The media needs to take some ownership and responsibility in these situations instead of going for the ratings.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead
The overwhelming response I see to calls for gun control is that it doesn't work.

So no, its not a given and rational people know the answer lies elsewhere.

You misunderstand.  Gun restrictions ARE coming.  School shooting after school shooting after school shooting after school shooting (at least six so far this year, for Christ's sake) has created the demand for such restrictions.  In this environment,  the absolutist position will be simply ignored (or the politicians who espouse such position will be booted from office).

You have a choice to make as a conservative.  Work to make sure the restrictions are reasonable, efficacious and constitutional.   Or let the left dictate what happens to your rights.   But the absolutist position can no longer be maintained.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You misunderstand.  Gun restrictions ARE coming.  School shooting after school shooting after school shooting after school shooting (at least six so far this year, for Christ's sake) has created the demand for such restrictions.  In this environment,  the absolutist position will be simply ignored (or the politicians who espouse such position will be booted from office).

You have a choice to make as a conservative.  Work to make sure the restrictions are reasonable, efficacious and constitutional.   Or let the left dictate what happens to your rights.   But the absolutist position can no longer be maintained.

You sound absolutely sure that you are correct.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And all you and the other gun grabbers will achieve is taking guns away from law abiding citizens making it more dangerous for everyone.

Your position is not liberal in any sense of the word.

Criminals and people truly intent on committing evil acts will continue unchecked with guns and whatever weapons they can get their hands on.

If that school hadn't been a gun free zone...if teachers...properly trained had been able to carry concealed in that school...we wouldn't be talking about this mass murder today and you wouldn't have yet another platform to puke out your anti gun Liberal beliefs.

But some of those so called "common sense" gun laws you espouse...like gun free zones...didn't work out so well yesterday did they?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
People in the United States have had guns in their homes for over 200 years. And mass shootings have only become a problem in the last 30 years. If you look, there is a huge correlation between the rise of gun shootings and the decline of disciplining your children both at home and at school.

Offline dfwgator

@Jazzhead
Seems to me you just want to acquiesce the left enough so that they shut up about gun control.

That's NEVER going to happen until every last gun is confiscated.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:27:16 pm by dfwgator »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Putin's fault.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/05/adam-schiff-russians-promoted-2nd-amendment-so-americans-would-kill-each-other/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
People in the United States have had guns in their homes for over 200 years. And mass shootings have only become a problem in the last 30 years. If you look, there is a huge correlation between the rise of gun shootings and the decline of disciplining your children both at home and at school.

TRG, that is exactly the correct argument:  there are many, many dangerous things in this world and many ways humans have thought up to kill other humans.  The fault is not with the "things", but with what a particular culture will encourage and allow. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Quote from: DCPatriot on February 15, 2018, 10:49:45 am
Meh.....seems to me the first thing that will be suggested by Pres. Trump will be to hired armed personnel to protect the 'assets'....just like any bank does since Jesse James.

Any school construction going forward should have a secure, fenced campus and choke points to enter with vehicles.

IMO, that's a lot more sensible than gun control.

Dan Bongino....talks about how to protect schools here.   http://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/1688152734610814/
Like the big doors with the buzz-in box and camera they have here...big GLASS doors.

But it feels safe.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Jazzhead
Seems to me you just want to acquiesce the left enough so that they shut up about gun control.

That's NEVER going to happen until every last gun is confiscated.

I agree, the only thing that would stop a lot of these shootings is total confiscation as in what Australia has done as I understand it and that is never going to happen.

Oceander

@Oceander
Cmon what laws would have helped?    Youve been asked a multitude of times and refuse to answer.

<>

I’m not desperate.  I am telling you what is coming, not from me but from others. 

And no, I don’t have easy answers, which is why “we” had better put our thinking caps on and start dealing constructively with the issue and doing the hard work of coming up with novel solutions. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:50:25 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

My kids' high school let all the kids out of class for an afternoon so they could commiserate upon the suicide of one of their classmates.

I thought that was a particularly stupid way to react to the tragedy.

Kinda the same mindset here. The media has to get smarter about how they cover these things, as law enforcement needs to change the way they go about preventing them. The tools are already there.

I don't mean to sound flip, but apparently we are all snowflakes now.   **nononono*

Offline Smokin Joe

Thirty years ago, youngsters sorted it out on the playground bare knuckle. Grievances were addressed, even the loser retained some self-respect, respect among peers was gained, and bullies (the real deal not just someone who called someone a faggot) were identified. Pecking orders were established, and steam let off.
The paddle was used on the real recalcitrants from early on, wielded by the Principal.
But in the decades since there has been a war on human nature, especially the nature of growing boys.
We know more, it seems, about the social development of a wolf or coyote than human kinder.

Pantywaist solutions that only make for the slow festering of impotent rage for a decade and the administration of mood altering drugs (MOAIs and SSRIs, which have been present in most mass shootings, school or not) may well contribute to those aggrieved finding alternate means of resolving conflicts, which escalates the level of violence--the exact opposite of the intent of all the people who run around decrying the perfectly ordinary and normal low-level 'violence' that used to be considered just 'boys being boys', sorting out their differences.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I agree, the only thing that would stop a lot of these shootings is total confiscation as in what Australia has done as I understand it and that is never going to happen.

@TomSea

Even if it did, their violent crime rate is...... UP.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

I’m not desperate.  I am telling you what is coming, not from me but from others. 

And no, I don’t have easy answers, which is why “we” had better put our thinking caps on and start dealing constructively with the issue and doing the hard work of coming up with novel solutions.

There are plenty of things that can be done without enacting one single gun law.   

Offline Smokin Joe

You have a choice to make as a conservative.  Work to make sure the restrictions are reasonable, efficacious and constitutional.   Or let the left dictate what happens to your rights.   But the absolutist position can no longer be maintained.
Thanks for the pep talk, there, peaches, but you are wrong.
Your little bit I bolded can't be done, because it is contradictory.

Stop treating little boys like little girls, they aren't wired the same.
Stop interrupting the ordinary and natural behaviour of low level conflict that occurs in populations of little boys as they sort out status and issues. Let them develop like little boys used to, not try to make little girls out of them, and there will be less pent up pissed off to finally boil over.
Quit drugging the kids, which is partly a result of policies above, and doesn't teach them how to cope with anything, just be drugged.

Look at the stupid policies of school systems today. My grandson gets hit, he can't hit back in self defense without getting suspended or expelled, at a minimum--because of attendance requirements, that means he would end up repeating all his current classes, because after so many days out you don't get credit for the class. For defending himself.

School policy is the source of a lot of the pent-up anger that boils to the surface here and there in spectacular acts of violence, and it is only a wonder with policies like that that more incidents don't occur, not that there are any.

Y'all are, again, pointing your finger at the wheel that came off, and not talking about the reason for the bearing burning out and the axle shearing off in the first place. Instead, you blame the lug wrench. It's like blaming the silverware for what's on the menu.
The reason is apparent: it would mean all the current darling liberal policies in regards gender and child development were wrong, and that's one thing we have seen a liberal just can't ever admit.
You would claim it is "reasonable, yadda yadda yadda" to try to strip the rights of 80,000,000 over the actions of fewer than a dozen people. Uh-uh. Not just "no", but "Hell No!". 

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

TRG, that is exactly the correct argument:  there are many, many dangerous things in this world and many ways humans have thought up to kill other humans.  The fault is not with the "things", but with what a particular culture will encourage and allow.
This is the point. The problem isn't one of having hardware, but one of the culture that underlies the behaviour of those who have it, and which governs the development of concepts of what is right or wrong within that culture.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is the point. The problem isn't one of having hardware, but one of the culture that underlies the behaviour of those who have it, and which governs the development of concepts of what is right or wrong within that culture.

And, we had best figure out how to present this so that "gun-control" advocates can hear it.

Offline Smokin Joe

And, we had best figure out how to present this so that "gun-control" advocates can hear it.
LOL! We need 'finger control' to get them out of their ears, for starters.

Remember, it isn't about guns, it's about control.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Good luck with all that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Stop pretending that you can maintain the status quo by claiming helplessness in the face of repeated school massacres undertaken with firearms. 

There will be new laws on guns; you can either participate in how they’re written and stave off, say, outright seizure, but have to agree to some more restrictions, or you can do nothing and cry in your tea when liberals enact gun seizure laws.

There will be new laws on speech, press and religion; you can either participate in how they are written and stave off, say - outright imprisonment for beliefs, but you have to agree on more restrictions, or you can do nothing and watch all beliefs or speech not approved by the state get criminalized.

Or

There will be Communism: you can either participate and support this new order and stave off, say, iron-fisted despotism, but you have to agree to this new political reality, or you can do nothing and cry in your borscht when you get sent to the gulag because you are not waving your little red book in a crowd as the parade marches by.

It's just another clever way of stating: You are going to be raped - you can either fight it and get killed or severely beaten, or you can lie back and enjoy it and get it over quick.

I am certainly glad our Founders did not possess your mindset and decide that British Occupation was something they all needed to accept and be involved in supporting so that worse conditions and treatment were not imposed by Royal decree.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Stop treating little boys like little girls, they aren't wired the same.

Stop interrupting the ordinary and natural behaviour of low level conflict that occurs in populations of little boys as they sort out status and issues. Let them develop like little boys used to, not try to make little girls out of them, and there will be less pent up pissed off to finally boil over.

Quit drugging the kids, which is partly a result of policies above, and doesn't teach them how to cope with anything, just be drugged.
Very well stated.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good luck with all that.

Hey, if you don't think it's a fight worth fighting, then ok.  If you do care about the 2nd Amendment, you probably want to do something effective and right.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
And all you and the other gun grabbers will achieve is taking guns away from law abiding citizens making it more dangerous for everyone.

Bullshit.   Requiring car owners to register and insure their vehicles isn't "taking their cars away".  With rights come responsibilities.   Guns are useful, like cars, and exceedingly dangerous just like cars.   

The Second Amendment absolutists are losing all credibility.   The community wants gun ownership to coincide with responsibility,  and there's nothing unreasonable nor unconstitutional about that.   The community will get what it demands, one way or the other.   Care to be part of the solution, or just another mewling fool demanding his "freedom" to be selfish?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

Hey, if you don't think it's a fight worth fighting, then ok.  If you do care about the 2nd Amendment, you probably want to do something effective and right.

The gun-control advocates want one thing and one thing only,  total confiscation,   they're just willing to do it in steps,   give them an inch and they'll take a mile.