Author Topic: A 3-Year-Old Indiana Girl Who Was Not Vaccinated Died From the Flu This Week  (Read 368 times)

Offline Suppressed

A 3-Year-Old Indiana Girl Who Was Not Vaccinated Died From the Flu This Week
By ALIX LANGONE February 13, 2018
TIME Health
http://time.com/5156503/a-3-year-old-indiana-girl-who-was-not-vaccinated-died-from-the-flu-this-week/

A three-year-old Indiana girl who died from the flu Monday was not vaccinated, according to local news outlets.

Alivia Viellieux, passed away in her sleep at her Muncie, Indiana home after being discharged from Ball Memorial Hospital last Thursday, WRTV reported.

Her family says they were advised not to give their daughter the flu shot, according to local media reports.

“Alivia did not have [the flu vaccine] because they had told us once the flu is going around, it’s not going to matter if you get it or not,” the toddler’s grandmother, Tameka Stettler, told WRTV. “We just decided not to put those chemicals in the girl’s body if it’s not going to help.”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I feel for them.  That has to be horrible.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
It depends.

The influenza vaccine takes about 2 weeks before it is reaches full effectiveness. I don’t think it is necessarily too late to get it but if you are exposed to flu before the vaccine reaches full effectiveness, it may not have made a difference. Better to get it earlier rather than waiting until its going around in large numbers.

“We just decided not to put those chemicals in the girl’s body if it’s not going to help.”

I’d like to know who told her that? A doctor? A pharmacist? Someone on the web?

As to “chemicals”…..

22222frying pan
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause