Author Topic: Arizona Senate Candidate for Flake’s Seat Says It’s Time for John McCain to Step Down  (Read 208 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
For once in his life as a U.S. Senator, he needs to do the right thing and step down. He knows that he is terminally ill and he will not recover. He may recover from his bout with pneumonia but he's not going to recover from his aggressive form of brain cancer.  Yes sad, but he needs to do the right thing. Incidentally, if you link to the article there is a brief poll - so far 100% of those taking the poll believe he should step down.

Arizona Senate Candidate for Flake’s Seat Says It’s Time for John McCain to Step Down

Former state Sen. Dr. Kelly Ward, a candidate to replace retiring Sen. Jeff Flake, says it is time for Sen. John McCain to step down from his seat.  In an interview over the weekend, MSNBC’s Kassie Hunt asked Ward whether she thought someone should be appointed to replace McCain.

“I think that anybody’s who’s not able to do their job should step aside and allow the process to continue in Washington, D.C., because there is such important work that has to be done,” Ward replied.

Former state Sen. Dr. Kelly Ward, a candidate to replace retiring Sen. Jeff Flake, says it is time for Sen. John McCain to step down from his seat........

.........McCain left Washington in mid-December due to the side effects of chemotherapy and has not returned since.

He missed the December vote for Trump’s tax reform bill, which narrowly passed the Senate by a vote of 51 to 48.

With the loss of the seat formerly held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions in Alabama in December, the Republican majority now sits at 51 to 49.

McCain’s daughter Meghan told CNN over the weekend that her father is recovering from a rough patch that included a bout with pneumonia.......

https://www.westernjournal.com/arizona-senate-candidate-flakes-seat-says-time-mccain-step/

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:47:29 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline endicom

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think there needs to be some limit as to how long a sitting Senator or Congressman can vacate their seats before it is mandated that they relinquish their seat and an interim Senator or Congressman is appointed.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:02:29 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She first made this demand when McCain was first diagnosed with the Glioblastoma.  She also demanded the Governor appoint her to the  seat, and was answered by outrage of the voters.  IMO, she blew any chance of being elected to any Senate seat at that time.  It was a classless move.  All she will do now, in practical terms, will be to fracture the GOP and pave the way for Dem Sinema to win in November.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

I think there needs to be some limit as to how long a sitting Senator or Congressman can vacate their seats before it is mandated that they relinquish their seat and an interim Senator or Congressman is appointed.

I agree, however, to enact some limit requires an Constitutional Amendment.  Do you really think an Amendment to limit how long a person can stay in Congress is going to pass 2/3 of both Houses?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

Chemtrail Kelli at it again..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Kelli Ward touts endorsement from fake-news site

It looked as if Arizona Senate candidate Kelli Ward had scored a big endorsement: On Oct. 28, she posted a link on her campaign website and blasted out a Facebook post, quoting extensively from a column in the Arizona Monitor.

There was just one problem: Despite its reputable sounding name, the Arizona Monitor is not a real news site. It is an anonymous, pro-Ward blog that has referred to her primary opponent Martha McSally as “Shifty McSally,” frequently blasted Flake and, at the top of its home page, proclaims its mission as “Striking Fear into the Heart of the Establishment.” The site launched just a few weeks before publishing the endorsement, and its domain registration is hidden, masking the identity of its owner. On its Facebook page, it is classified as a news site, but scant other information is offered.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/14/arizona-senate-kelli-ward-fake-news-407281
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:49:57 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.