Author Topic: Jeff Sessions: Chronic pain sufferers should ‘take an aspirin and tough it out’  (Read 5369 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Listen you, do I ever shit on your fun? 

I know you wax to the kinky side... but that is not exactly sanitary.   There are common standards of decency you know.

I expect better behavior from you in the future regarding this issue.

You know - Frank seems fond of Discipline and chicks who wear bed slippers with yoga pants and wife beaters. 

Me, well - I survived a wife and three daughters in one home with only a single bathroom - so, unless you got letters after your name and can wield a 1/4" catheter legally, I'm none too affrighted.

I thought for the record it would be good idea to point out a difference in the Douches - not intending to ruin your excellent observation but rather to expand upon it.

Sessions is actually a bigger douche than Obama was on this issue, and I think he's a rubber appendage with exploded alkaline batteries in the power pack.

And of course, after kinky - double douching is indeed a sanitary option.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Very disappointed from Sessions on this. He is way off base.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
   I'm not a Communist @Frank Cannon, I clearly stated that I am an Invarmunists.

Invarmunists???

That sounds like a John Waters movie featuring Vincent Price and their love child Klee Irwin.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Invarmunists???

That sounds like a John Waters movie featuring Vincent Price and their love child Klee Irwin.

You done taken a wrong turn. See uh, this here river don't go nowhere near Aintry.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@Suppressed
That's right...  Doesn't sound directed toward 'chronic pain sufferers' More like, 'you don't need Norco for your sprained ankle' kinda thing.

I will return to my previous level of ambivalence wrt Sessions.

Thank you for your report.

@roamer_1
I don't see this context as any different.   People don't buy opioid over the counter and they don't get them from the doctor for anything remotely close to what an aspirin would touch.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

Eff u sessions.  Worthless bastard

I can't believe the insensitivity of this a**hole.  Chronic pain is debilitating and an aspirin or two doesn't do squat.  Maybe if he was stricken with chronic pain he'd certainly change his tune.  Agreed.  He's a worthless piece of crap.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

I know you wax to the kinky side... but that is not exactly sanitary.   There are common standards of decency you know.

You know - Frank seems fond of Discipline and chicks who wear bed slippers with yoga pants and wife beaters. 

Me, well - I survived a wife and three daughters in one home with only a single bathroom - so, unless you got letters after your name and can wield a 1/4" catheter legally, I'm none too affrighted.

I thought for the record it would be good idea to point out a difference in the Douches - not intending to ruin your excellent observation but rather to expand upon it.

Sessions is actually a bigger douche than Obama was on this issue, and I think he's a rubber appendage with exploded alkaline batteries in the power pack.

And of course, after kinky - double douching is indeed a sanitary option.

I am experiencing something that I cannot quite describe after reading the above.  I think it is embarrassment.  Huh, that's interesting.

Offline libertybele

If he hates opiods, he should consider medical marijuana.  It is less addictive, less harmful and often just as effective.

Oh ... but he is against medical marijuana as well.  The little weasel is worthless.  He's beginning to disgust me as much as Hillary.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sessions never said "chronic pain suffers" and he wasn't referring to them.  He was talking about people who have transient pain and the doctors who prescribe opioids as the first pain reliever. 

Sessions's only point was these drugs are too addictive to be a first choice pain reliever.  He used Gen. Kelly as an example--he had minor hand surgery and his doctor wanted to prescribe an opioid for the pain.  Kelly refused.

He went on to brag about how White House chief of staff and former Marine general John Kelly refused opioids after a recent minor surgery.

“He goes, ‘I’m not taking any drugs,’” Sessions said, imitating Kelly’s voice and drawing a round of laughter from the crowd. “But, I mean, a lot of people — you can get through these things.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sessions-patients-aspirin-fight-opioid-crisis-article-1.3808114 

! No longer available

@libertybele

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:50:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Forget aspirin. These people need highly addictive pain meds.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I am experiencing something that I cannot quite describe after reading the above.  I think it is embarrassment.  Huh, that's interesting.

Well that shade of red looks very cute on your face.

I hope it matches the bed slippers.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You done taken a wrong turn. See uh, this here river don't go nowhere near Aintry.

We'll look here son.... awww hell..... here you do the math:

+=

Offline driftdiver

Sessions never said "chronic pain suffers" and he wasn't referring to them.  He was talking about people who have transient pain and the doctors who prescribe opioids as the first pain reliever. 

Sessions's only point was these drugs are too addictive to be a first choice pain reliever.  He used Gen. Kelly as an example--he had minor hand surgery and his doctor wanted to prescribe an opioid for the pain.  Kelly refused.

@libertybele

@Right_in_Virginia
Most doctors are very careful about prescribing powerful and addictive pain drugs.  You don't get addicted form having hand surgery and taking codeine for a few days.   

This video merely displays Sessions ignorance of the underlying problems with drug abuse and people who suffer significant pain.

Offline driftdiver

Forget aspirin. These people need highly addictive pain meds.

@Restored
They need relief from their pain.   

Sure some do abuse it.   Same goes for pot, cocaine and any other illegal drug.

Banning them sure hasn't worked out very well has it.  No we must increase the Federal govts power to protect us from ourselves.

Offline libertybele

! No longer available

@libertybele

The problem is arising that doctors are now reluctant to prescribe opioids to even their chronic pain patients for fear of being accused of writing too many opioid scripts, and as a result chronic pain patients are going without relief. Yes, there are too many doctors affiliated with 'pill mills' and it has become a real problem.  Pain is pain and often after surgery, injury, accidents, etc., the best relief maybe found from an opioid. Every patient is different and what works for one may not work for another and not every patient prescribed an opioid will become addicted. There are other prescribed drugs that are addictive that aren't opioids.  As for aspirin; it is actually a very potent drug that has its own complications as well. Whether Sessions comment was directed at chronic pain sufferers or those in transient pain; his comment shows his insensitivity and stupidity.

How about we start helping people with their addiction rather than nailing them to a cross,  ridiculing them and allowing them to suffer? There is an herb in India called 'Kratom' that has been shown to help with opioid addiction and withdrawal symptoms, yet our gov't announced years back they wanted to ban it.  Why do you think that is??  Because they and the pharmaceutical companies can't make their billions!  Sessions is nothing more than a useless weasel (and I'm being very kind here).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:24:01 pm by libertybele »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Sessions's only point was these drugs are too addictive to be a first choice pain reliever. 

We need the opioids to relieve the agony of the pain his party's spending spree is going to cost us.

How come these elitists in your party have no problem restricting our first drug of choice, but yet indulge in their first drug of choice: spending our money with wild abandon?

@Right_in_Virginia
Most doctors are very careful about prescribing powerful and addictive pain drugs.  You don't get addicted form having hand surgery and taking codeine for a few days.   

I do not agree.

The problem is arising that doctors are now reluctant to prescribe opioids to even their chronic pain patients for fear of being accused of writing too many opioid scripts, and as a result chronic pain patients are going without relief. Yes, there are too many doctors affiliated with 'pill mills' and it has become a real problem.  Pain is pain and often after surgery, injury, accidents, etc., the best relief maybe found from an opioid. Every patient is different and what works for one may not work for another and not every patient prescribed an opioid will become addicted. There are other prescribed drugs that are addictive that aren't opioids.  As for aspirin; it is actually a very potent drug that has its own complications as well. Whether Sessions comment was directed at chronic pain sufferers or those in transient pain; his comment shows his insensitivity and stupidity.

How about we start helping people with their addiction rather than nailing them to a cross,  ridiculing them and allowing them to suffer? There is an herb in India called 'Kratom' that has been shown to help with opioid addiction and withdrawal symptoms, yet our gov't/FDA has prohibited it.  Why do you think that is??  Because they and the pharmaceutical companies can't make their billions!  Sessions is nothing more than a useless weasel (and I'm being very kind here). 

Oy vavoy  @libertybele   :facepalm2:   I was simply correcting the premise of the article---which is a bleeping lie. 

Geeze, you get wound up.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline driftdiver

I do not agree.

@Right_in_Virginia

Well science agrees with me.

If you have actual pain your body handles opiods differently.  So as long as you only take the drugs for a few days it is nearly impossible to become addicted.   Typically addiction only becomes a problem after the original pain subsides and the person keeps taking them for longer than 10 days.

Which is why typically doctors only prescribe about 7 days of the drugs if you have something like hand surgery.

They used to prescribe 30 days and trust people to manage it themselves.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:34:04 pm by driftdiver »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
@Restored
They need relief from their pain.   

Sure some do abuse it.   Same goes for pot, cocaine and any other illegal drug.

Banning them sure hasn't worked out very well has it.  No we must increase the Federal govts power to protect us from ourselves.

And people need relief from addiction. Eventually and soon, Oxy will be sued out of existence. We have to quit treating pain as an ailment and go back to treating it as a symptom. Chronic pain has started to become the new Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; a disease that you have when the doctor doesn't want to find out what is really wrong with you.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

They used to prescribe 30 days and trust people to manage it themselves.

The last time I got Oxy, I got a 30 day supply. I never took it.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

If you already hate Jeff Sessions, you will take his words in the worst possible meaning.  Me?  I'm neutral about the guy -- neither a fan nor a hater. Unfortunately, I tried to listen to the video, but my poor hearing and perhaps the sound quality only allowed me to pick up a few words. I'm not inclined to believe the hysteria being generated by a website I don't really know. At this point, I would rather give Sessions the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe I'll change my mind if a better video or a transcript of his remarks are produced.  I want to witness the context of his remarks for myself.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If you already hate Jeff Sessions, you will take his words in the worst possible meaning.  Me?  I'm neutral about the guy -- neither a fan nor a hater. Unfortunately, I tried to listen to the video, but my poor hearing and perhaps the sound quality only allowed me to pick up a few words. I'm not inclined to believe the hysteria being generated by a website I don't really know. At this point, I would rather give Sessions the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe I'll change my mind if a better video or a transcript of his remarks are produced.  I want to witness the context of his remarks for myself.
His recent cheerleading for expanding civil asset forfeiture has killed my neutrality and made him persona non-grata in my book.

This aspirin comment while his silence over all the corruption going on in the Alphabets is deafening, just expounds what a douche he actually is in my estimation.

Offline driftdiver

And people need relief from addiction. Eventually and soon, Oxy will be sued out of existence. We have to quit treating pain as an ailment and go back to treating it as a symptom. Chronic pain has started to become the new Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; a disease that you have when the doctor doesn't want to find out what is really wrong with you.

All Western medicine does is treat the symptoms and not the ailment.   My wife had had a chronic pain issue for about 10 years.  The doctors are pretty much useless and restricting her pain medicine doesn't solve the problem. 

She has only found relief through non-traditional treatments.  Ironically the initial problem started shortly after she had a pneumonia vaccine.

Offline driftdiver

His recent cheerleading for expanding civil asset forfeiture has killed my neutrality and made him persona non-grata in my book.

This aspirin comment while his silence over all the corruption going on in the Alphabets is deafening, just expounds what a douche he actually is in my estimation.

@INVAR
Man I hate agreeing with you.