Author Topic: Trump Warns Congress: 'Last Chance' for DACA  (Read 543 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump Warns Congress: 'Last Chance' for DACA
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:06:24 am »
Trump Warns Congress: 'Last Chance' for DACA

President Trump drew a line in the sand on immigration reform in a Tuesday morning tweet, telling Congress that the freewheeling negotiations that began Monday are “our last chance” to grant legal status to nearly 2 million people brought to America illegally as children.......

......“I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with,” he said. “If they come to me with things I’m not in love with, I’m gonna do it. Because I respect them.”

But the president has taken a harder line since, tweeting last week that “any deal on DACA that does not include STRONG border security and the desperately needed WALL is a total waste of time.”

The White House considers the deadline for a DACA fix to be March 5, the day the program sunsets at the end of the six-month window Trump established when he revoked DACA last September. At that time, however, Trump apparently did not consider that date a “last chance” scenario..........

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-warns-congress-last-chance-for-daca/article/2011567
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Trump Warns Congress: 'Last Chance' for DACA
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 01:32:43 am »
Cool.  We need to stop the seeding of America

Oh my!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:42:53 am by mystery-ak »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:30 am »
The Hill@thehill

McConnell says Senate needs to move on from immigration after three days of debate: "We have other things to do" http://hill.cm/Vaejy3E
5:01 PM - Feb 13, 2018
Leader McConnell@SenateMajLdr

If you’re reading this, Democrats are still blocking the #Senate from even beginning the important debate on #Immigration.

https://twitter.com/SenateMajLdr/status/963463848765386752 …
5:29 PM - Feb 13, 2018
Senate Cloakroom@SenateCloakroom

Following Leader remarks tomorrow (at approximately 10:30am), the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to proceed to H.R.2579, the vehicle for Immigration.
5:29 PM - Feb 13, 2018

I was really hoping some solution could be worked out, with bi-partisan support.  I am dumb.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:19 am »
I was really hoping some solution could be worked out, with bi-partisan support.  I am dumb.

Did I Miss your point.   Or Am I dumb.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:02 am »
Cool.  We need to stop the seeding of America by the wetbacks.

Seeding or ceding - works either way.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 01:43:11 am »
Seeding or ceding - works either way.

Yes...yes it does.  To a  Grammarist.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 04:42:21 am »
......“I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with,” he said. “If they come to me with things I’m not in love with, I’m gonna do it. Because I respect them.”

What???  All I can say is "Lying Trump"  Do you think just about now people are starting to realize that they were conned by a billionaire Bozo?

Which is it?  I am going to let you do whatever or anything without border security and wall is waste of time?

Seems he is throwing out his double personalities.  Are we surprised?  The guy that talks about himself as the third person?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:26:34 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 05:49:16 am »
Did I Miss your point.   Or Am I dumb.
Yes, and you are ugly too./sarc

There was no point.  It's just a surface statement of my feelings. 

You're reply feels a little hostile to me.  Maybe I am reading too much into 9 words, but I want to assure you I am grateful for sharing this forum with you.  I think you are wickedly funny and really observant too.  I read a lot more than I comment on and you have filled my hours with mirth and unique insights.

I know I'm not that smart, but I am funny.  Because I know some of my opinions are weak, and hard to defend I often post funny quips and then sometimes people get confused, when I'm not joking, because they are searching for a punchline.  I'm starting to use /sarc tags so my meaning is clearer.

I don't know what my point was except a general sadness that this issue is getting kicked down the road once again.  I should not be surprised, but 2 years ago Donald Trump did the impossible by winning the GOP nomination...a year ago he impossibly won the Presidential election...and rather than the world spontaneously combusting, the GOP soon put Gorsuch on the SCOTUS by doing what had not been tried before.  Then the GOP passed a taxcut, with ANWAR drilling, and eliminated the individual mandate of Obamacare.  After 6 years of the GOP as the opposition party and passing dozens of Obamacare repeals and almost a year as the majority party failing to address Obamacare...the impossible happened again.

I am sad because I was starting to believe maybe it could happen again.  I am also extremely confused why the rats have not jumped at President Trump's IMO extremely generous offer...especially with the billions of dollars of deficit foreplay he performed on them.  If there was ever a time for a bi-partisan solution it is now.  My guess is they believe they are better off keeping the issue as a wedge against the GOP than adding 1.8 million new rat voters (I don't believe that is what the DACA proposal would do, but many do)

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify my post.