Author Topic: Dem AGs press Trump officials not to include citizenship question in census  (Read 531 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dem AGs press Trump officials not to include citizenship question in census
The Hill, Feb 12, 2018, Lydia Wheeler

State Attorneys General Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.), Eric Schneiderman (D-N.Y.) and Maura Healey (D-Mass.), joined by 16 others sent a blistering letter Monday warning Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross against approving a question about citizenship status in the 2020 Census.

Doing so, they said, would be unconstitutional.

Also, adding a citizenship question this late in the planning for the 2020 Census, they argued, “would significantly depress participation, causing a population undercount that would disproportionately harm states and cities with large immigrant communities.”

“This undercount would frustrate the Census Bureau’s obligation under the Constitution to determine ‘the whole number of persons in each state,’ threaten our states’ fair representation in Congress, dilute our states’ role in the Electoral College, and deprive our states of their fair share of hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funds that are allocated in part on decennial Census data,” they wrote.

More: http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/373450-dem-ags-press-trump-officials-not-to-include-citizenship-question

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Of course they don't want the citizenship question added.  It would show their complicity in subverting federal immigration laws.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Wonderful - US citizens must pay for a census that for purely political reasons deliberately denies them the right to know the population of US citizens.

If the question is approved, it's a safe bet that these same AGs will encourage illegals to respond but lie about their status.

And I'd love to see the constitutionality challenge go to SCOTUS...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Of course they don't want the citizenship question added.  It would show their complicity in subverting federal immigration laws.

The census is also used to determine the number of representatives in an area.  They don't want their districts eliminated.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

Of course.  While they prevent Republicans from redrawing disctrict lines, the Dims will use the illegals to redraw them.

The illegals will mostly lie anyway.

Offline Hoodat

Each time the census workers come by asking questions, the ONLY thing I give them is my citizenship.  When they ask the racial makeup of those living in my house, I say "American".  When they ask the gender, I say "American".  When they ask the age, I say "American".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Dem AGs press Trump officials not to include citizenship question in census"

All the more reason to do exactly that!