Author Topic: BREAKING: Court Blocks Trump From Rescinding DACA  (Read 551 times)

Offline endicom

BREAKING: Court Blocks Trump From Rescinding DACA
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:40:35 pm »
Townhall
Chris Reeves
Feb. 13, 2018

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman just announced that a judge has granted a preliminary injunction preventing President Trump from ending DACA by executive memorandum:

#BREAKING: Our coalition of 17 AGs just won a preliminary injunction blocking @POTUS’s discriminatory attempt to end #DACA and deport DREAMers. pic.twitter.com/Fwt0cTaVrz

— Eric Schneiderman (@AGSchneiderman) February 13, 2018

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chrisreeves/2018/02/13/court-blocks-trump-from-deporting-daca-recipients-n2448744

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: BREAKING: Court Blocks Trump From Rescinding DACA
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:43:37 pm »
Laughable. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:48:07 pm »
Politics
February 13, 2018 / 2:57 PM / Updated 42 minutes ago
Second U.S. judge blocks Trump administration from ending DACA program
Dan Levine

2 Min Read

(Reuters) - A second U.S. judge on Tuesday blocked President Donald Trump’s decision to end a program that protects immigrants brought to the United States illegally as children from deportation.

U.S. District Judge Nicholas Garaufis in Brooklyn ruled that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, cannot end in March as the Republican administration had planned, a victory for Democratic state attorneys general and immigrants who sued the federal government.

The decision is similar to a Jan. 9 ruling by U.S. District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco that DACA must remain in place while litigation challenging Trump’s decision continues.

The legal battle over DACA complicates a debate currently underway in Congress on whether to change the nation’s immigration laws.

more
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-ruling/second-u-s-judge-blocks-trump-administration-from-ending-daca-program-idUSKCN1FX2TJ?il=0
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline johnwk

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:02:10 pm »
Townhall
Chris Reeves
Feb. 13, 2018

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman just announced that a judge has granted a preliminary injunction preventing President Trump from ending DACA by executive memorandum:

#BREAKING: Our coalition of 17 AGs just won a preliminary injunction blocking @POTUS’s discriminatory attempt to end #DACA and deport DREAMers. pic.twitter.com/Fwt0cTaVrz

— Eric Schneiderman (@AGSchneiderman) February 13, 2018

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chrisreeves/2018/02/13/court-blocks-trump-from-deporting-daca-recipients-n2448744

So now our Judges are engaging in the act of harboring illegal entrants! 

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance the economic needs of millions of poverty stricken, poorly educated, low and unskilled aliens who have invaded America borders.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:26 pm »
This is exactly why he should have done the day one DACA repeal - or immediately after Gorsuch was confirmed.  We would have had this circus run through the SC and over by now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:08:40 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:13:48 pm »
So now our Judges are engaging in the act of harboring illegal entrants! 

Of running the country.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:59 pm »
He doesn't have to rescind it.  Just let it expire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 11:36:48 pm »
He doesn't have to rescind it.  Just let it expire

His October order did rescind it, with a 6 month delay.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 11:48:54 pm »

His October order did rescind it, with a 6 month delay.

Considering the original Obama order was illegal.........

Time some judges are removed
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 11:52:49 pm »
Considering the original Obama order was illegal.........

Time some judges are removed

Absolutely.  The ones who ignored Obama’s executive overreach are now claiming executive overreach.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 12:32:46 am »
He doesn't have to rescind it.  Just let it expire. 

If I were Trump, I would send out a memo to all department heads, pointing out the expiration date of Obama's illegal DACA EO and stating that he (Trump) has no plans to rescind at this time an EO that will expire soon anyway.  ("Addressees of this memo are hereby ordered to inform all personnel to plan for the policy transition imposed upon us by the terms of the Obama EO.")

cc:  All federal judges
      All DAs
      All State AGs

Another strategy would be to wait until the expiration date and then send out a Memorandum pointing out that DACA has expired and that he (Trump) has no Constitutional authority to  renew it.

cc:  Same as above

Come to think of it, I would do both.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 12:48:54 am »
Trump should tweet and then state this at a press conference taking absolutely no questions from the press:

"The Activist Judges on the courts have rendered their rulings to once again overrun the will of the people.  Now, let us see them try to enforce these rulings while I order the Federal Marshals to deport all Dreamers beginning tomorrow at 6 AM, and I issue another E.O. immediately rescinding all federal monetary and welfare benefits being issued to anyone who is not a viable, provable U.S. citizen with a verifiable Social Security card issued to that person, and said identification must be proven to a federal employee working for the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Social Security Office". 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline the_doc

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 01:17:44 am »
Trump should tweet and then state this at a press conference taking absolutely no questions from the press:

"The Activist Judges on the courts have rendered their rulings to once again overrun the will of the people.  Now, let us see them try to enforce these rulings while I order the Federal Marshals to deport all Dreamers beginning tomorrow at 6 AM, and I issue another E.O. immediately rescinding all federal monetary and welfare benefits being issued to anyone who is not a viable, provable U.S. citizen with a verifiable Social Security card issued to that person, and said identification must be proven to a federal employee working for the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Social Security Office".

Hmm...I like your plan, but I would tack it onto my stepwise plan, above.  I would use my two steps to gin up controversy and a public outcry against DACA between now and the expiration date.  I would wait until the expiration date to jump down the throats of all the toothless judges in the wonderfully flamboyant way you are proposing.  (Waiting to pull your trigger would probably be a safer way to destroy the judges' credibility and drive them into a corner for a SCOTUS reprimand or worse.)