Author Topic: Why does replacing food stamps with food so anger liberals?  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why does replacing food stamps with food so anger liberals?
« on: February 13, 2018, 02:45:53 pm »
February 13, 2018
Why does replacing food stamps with food so anger liberals?
By Ed Straker

President Trump has proposed replacing some food stamp grants with actual food.  This has curiously enraged liberals, who you would think would be delighted to see "hungry" people getting food.

The Trump administration is proposing a major shake-up in one of the country's most important "safety net" programs, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as food stamps.  Under the proposal, most SNAP recipients would lose much of their ability to choose the food they buy with their SNAP benefits.

But if you like your supermarket, you can keep your supermarket, right?

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/why_does_replacing_food_stamps_with_food_so_anger_liberals.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Why does replacing food stamps with food so anger liberals?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 04:54:30 pm »
Imagine you were part of a family and one or both of your parents lost their job and now your family is undergoing financial strain.  The city, state, or fed. gov. now says they will send you a monthly shipment of food (canned, boxed, etc.) from the general fund. My family was in the poor to  lower middle class much of my childhood. There was not a lot of extra food around the house.  We never got "free" anything. But then my parents would have been ashamed to accept charity.
Would you be upset? Most likely if you're hungry enough you'd be darn happy to get "free" food no matter how it was delivered. But, of course, not Dems. Not good enough for them.
On a semi personal note, one Christmas one of my bros-in-law was part of church group that delivered boxes of donated food to some poor residents in his town.  He remembered helping carry in numerous boxes of food to one resident who wordlessly motioned the church volunteers where to place the boxes.
When the volunteers got done putting the boxes of food inside the house, as they were leaving they looked at the house owner, a woman, expecting a few words of thanks. They got nothing. No thanks , no nothing.
That was the last time my b-in-law volunteered to help deliver food to needy residents.