Author Topic: President Trump Estimates He'll Accumulate Obama Levels of Deficits  (Read 385 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
President Trump's budget projections show he will add as many deficits into the national debt as Barack Obama did.
Say what you will about Barack Obama, but given he was a progressive who believed the government could spend the nation out of economic malaise, it made sense for him to have $7 trillion worth of deficits over eight years and pile on the national debt........

https://www.themaven.net/theresurgent/erick-erickson/president-trump-estimates-he-ll-accumulate-obama-levels-of-deficits-uYyjUsgI-EqHhSlexHMDqw?utm_content=bufferc07a1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&full=1

Offline Suppressed

Re: President Trump Estimates He'll Accumulate Obama Levels of Deficits
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:00:40 pm »
“I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me." -- Donald J. Trump

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 05:09:44 pm »
This guy didn't like debt for the country when Obama was racking it up:

.......I like debt for me, I don't like debt for the country. I like debt for my company, but I don't like debt for the country. For the country we have $19 trillion in debt, it's going to be very soon $21 trillion, not billion, $21 trillion in debt. And I will tell you we are sitting on a time bomb and Hillary Clinton doesn't have a clue. And President Obama has pretty much doubled the debt since he's been in office and somebody's going to pay a big price. We have to start chopping that debt down.... I wouldn't renegotiate the debt. 

Donald J Trump June 22, 2016

I just don't understand how so many supposed conservatives (who criticized Obama for racking up debt) can now be silent when Trump heads down a path for matching it?   :shrug:

https://libquotes.com/donald-trump/quote/lba7p7q
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:14:01 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:24:39 pm »
@sinkspur 9/12/2016:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224670.msg1051935.html#msg1051935

"Fiscal stimulus"  = massive spending increases.

I thought Republicans and conservatives railed against this deficit-and-debt increasing strategy?  Obama received withering scorn in 2009 when he did this, and the economy didn't budge. 

Now, because Trump, it's just what the doctor ordered.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn