Author Topic: Scout leader dismissed for comparing Muslim colleague wearing a niqab to Darth Vader  (Read 599 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
A scout leader has been dismissed from the organisation after he compared a Muslim colleague wearing a niqab to Darth Vader.

However, Brian Walker now says he is suing the Scout Association over his sacking.

Drug addicts could be given heroin to stop them stealing
The assistant Explorer Scout leader from Bristol entered a dispute with Scouting magazine after it interviewed a Muslim scout leader who wears a niqab.

Mr Walker, a canoeing instructor, wrote a letter to the magazine in response, saying they would ‘most likely drown wearing that Darth Vader tent’.

The letter went on to say that her ‘outward appearance is enough to frighten children and animals’.

The 63-year-old told the Bristol Post: ‘It was just a quip, meant to be tongue in cheek. Communication is paramount when you are a scout leader, but if they can’t see your face, how do they know who you are?’

His letter was unpublished, and the magazine’s editor replied to condemn his comments.

Four days later, he was dismissed from the association and told his membership would be cancelled immediately.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/11/scout-leader-dismissed-comparing-muslim-colleague-wearing-niqab-darth-vader-7305051/
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Well then, time to leave the scouts and find a better job! That scout leader will overcome!  22222frying pan
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They found his lack of faith disturbing.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

:silly:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

LOL

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Drug addicts could be given heroin to stop them stealing

Was that referring to the scout leader or the Muslim woman?

:shrug:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline RoosGirl

It's not like the guy is totally off base.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It's not like the guy is totally off base.

For the younger generation, they have the Kylo Renn option.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bolobaby

He's so, so wrong.

Darth Vader is a fictional character that hasn't actually killed anyone in real life.

Muslims are an actual evil stain on the world responsible for countless deaths every year.

Ballyhoo snackbar!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!