Author Topic: Kaine slams Trump attempts to make it easier to fire federal employees  (Read 351 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaine slams Trump attempts to make it easier to fire federal employees
By Lydia Wheeler - 02/12/18 12:47 PM EST

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) railed against President Trump on Monday for calling on Congress late last month to give agency heads the power to fire federal employees.

“I don’t want to give a power-hungry president an easier hand to sack people that are doing their jobs because he’s worried that them doing their jobs may cause him to have to be accountable,” he told a ballroom of federal workers on the second day of the American Federation of Government Employee’s (AFGE) annual legislative and grassroots mobilization conference.

During his State of the Union address on Jan. 30, Trump praised the VA Accountability Act — a law he signed last year to make it easier for the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire employees accused of misconduct — and called for similar powers to be extended to all agencies.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/373437-kaine-slams-trump-attempts-to-make-it-easier-to-fire-federal-employees
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline anubias

Re: Kaine slams Trump attempts to make it easier to fire federal employees
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:40:28 pm »
Eat a bag of Dixie Chicks, Senator Kaine.  Your corruptocrat workers need to go.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Kaine slams Trump attempts to make it easier to fire federal employees
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:32:43 pm »
I bet if they polled it Kaine would find just how out of touch he is with the normal citizenry.  You know the Joe Six Packs of the real world.... who can be fired for any reason..

Kaine is a chump.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."